Round 10 - Panthers vs Broncos - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Rock said:
[quote="Big Pete":1909yt5a]Matty Ballin didn't even play first grade until he was 23.

There you go then. He wasn't even good enough to play until he was 23.

So going by that, we should give Macca more time. He's only 21, he has potential so by the time he is 23 he could be a very very good hooker.

Personally I'd be happy to work with him until the end of next year. We don't have any other hooker putting their hand up demanding a shot. Happy to work with him, after all look at Matt Ballin who couldn't even play first grade utility 23.[/quote:1909yt5a]

Macca has great potential but at his current state he needs a rocket IMO. He is better then what he is currently producing.

Macca is the quint essential diamond in the rough.

I really wish we could see Baptiste given a go.

I'd like to see Macca play q cup for a while

Coxy said:
I'd like to see Macca play q cup for a while

Me too, just not for Redcliffe [icon_wink

Speaking of Redcliffe, give Tommy Butterfield a crack!

Big Pete said:
Matty Ballin didn't even play first grade until he was 23.

Funnily enough we tried to buy Ballin after he got a few first grade games off the bench, he actually only got a serious crack at the full time hooker role after Brisbane showed genuine interest. He looked like a Bronc from the outset, was very disappointed to miss out on him.

McCullough lacks a hell of a lot of polish, I would be interested to know if he does any extras at training because he doesnt look like he has that kind of mental attitude at the moment as I think hes getting ahead of himself. Hes trying to run before he can walk. He needs to go back to basics and get them right and then he will finally move forward again. Raw diamond is right, I just hope he doesnt also require a couple of thousand years to produce the goods!

bent said:
McCullough lacks a hell of a lot of polish, I would be interested to know if he does any extras at training because he doesnt look like he has that kind of mental attitude at the moment as I think hes getting ahead of himself. Hes trying to run before he can walk. He needs to go back to basics and get them right and then he will finally move forward again. Raw diamond is right, I just hope he doesnt also require a couple of thousand years to produce the goods!

Agree with this.

There's definitely a lot of potential there, but as with any young guy, attitude and mentality can be an issue.

I wouldn't be against Hook dropping him to Queensland Cup for a couple of weeks. I still see him as our long-term hooker, but that doesn't mean we have to persist with him when he's performing poorly.

I have to say though that I don't think being young and inexperienced is an excuse for him anymore.

This is his 3rd full season in the top grade, and he had a taste of NRL prior to that as well. He's played around 60 games now, he should know his role and know how not to overthink things.

I'm a massive supporter of Macca, however I think he needs a kick in the arse to fix up the ego which has been out of control since he came into grade. Hook needs to send him to QCup.

Jeba said:
I have to say though that I don't think being young and inexperienced is an excuse for him anymore.

This is his 3rd full season in the top grade, and he had a taste of NRL prior to that as well. He's played around 60 games now, he should know his role and know how not to overthink things.

Good point.

I reckon he thinks his position in the first team is under no threat and he's just going through the motions. Really needs to lift his game.

According to twitter, Te'o will return this week and wear a Webcke-style armguard.

Jeba said:
According to twitter, Te'o will return this week and wear a Webcke-style armguard.

ah that will bring back memories sweet memories.

Broncos site Ins an Out video has Ben Hunt out for 6weeks.

Norman to take his place..

Hala is playing as well.

Words can't explain how annoyed I am with having Norman on the bench, WTF happened to Hunt??? I hope we play Macca for the 80 mins.

Is it bad that I want Norman to be injured?

Good to see Hala rewarded for his good game.

Bucking Beads said:
Words can't explain how annoyed I am with having Norman on the bench, WTF happened to Hunt??? I hope we play Macca for the 80 mins.

Hunt has a fracture finger.

we should tear up the panthers i cant see them coming close to us....

...which is the biggest danger if our team think the same way and dont go into it with their heads screwed on properly.

I love the big bench, I like Norman but I just don't know what the point of having him on the bench is. We usually end up moving Beale to Hooker and having Norman at fullback which I don't like.

Iv'e foudn that Macca plays better when he's not "under threat" from Ben Hunt tbh. Will be interesting to see how he goes on Friday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Battler
  • Lostboy
  • Allo
  • Browny
  • MrTickyMcG
  • mrslong
  • Galah
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Santa
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Financeguy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brocko
  • BroncosAlways
  • The Strapper
  • Thelmus
  • Foordy
  • Justwin
  • Johnny92
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.