Round 10 - Panthers vs Broncos - Post Match Discussion

Donny said:
Whatch all the Dooms dayers come out now.

We deserved to loose simple as that. Played like the Broncos of 2010
Which is why we have all the doom and gloom. These haven't been one of bad games for the last few years. They come in waves.

Attitude is one thing, having the right players in the right spot would help

Aeetee said:
The game had everything...

We sucked
They where on fire
And the refs really sucked
And Vossy proves once again he's an asshat and Sterlo is the only level headed commentator out there.

I can't STAND sterlo commentating our games. IMO he is always down when we are winning, and excited when we are losing.

[icon_lol1. I found it funny at around the 30 minute mark when the Broncos were getting hammered Sterlo was ready to call it the game of the year...

Sterlo doesn't even know some of our players names, he's terrible commentating Broncos games.

The whole team looked off the pace, but imo we weren't as bad as they were good if you know what I mean.

Aeetee said:
Not buying it :) you say stuff like that before a game to make yourself feel better on the inside and to convince yourself that it's better to be humble :)

Really? Teams always play well after a bit of coaching turmoil, still tipped Brisbane though because I thought we'd weather the storm and grind out a win.

And you know me, humble regardless. hah

A doctor needs to write 17 scripts for 'The Pill', because there was 17 pussies out there tonight; we don't want any unnecessary pregnancies in this team

Ghibli said:
A doctor needs to write 17 scripts for 'The Pill', because there 17 pussies out there tonight; we don't want any unnecessary pregnancies in this team

LOLZ! post of the year!!

Very disappointing obviously but just one of those nights. We've had them every year since 1988, just have to make sure we bounce back.

Not much changes going in against Manly in 2 weeks time because we more than likely wouldn't have had Hodges and Lockyer playing anyway. Looking forward to getting Hoffman and Te'o back.

What I was most disappointed in tonight was our defence up the middle. The Panthers just made easy easy metres all night, I reckon they would've gained 50+ metres in 95% of their sets that they started from in their own half. We haven't seen that all season so I really really hope it is addressed and that we don't see it again.

And while I hate singling out scapegoats, that really has to be McCullough's last chance. He started alright because he just did his job and provided good service, but after he came back on after his first break he got back to his old ways. I threw the remote when he threw that stupid dummy on the last tackle in the set after Petero and Parker got sinbinned. He has potential, but at this stage he is NOT first grade standard.

Time to call up Tom Butterfield from Redcliffe.

Ghibli said:
A doctor needs to write 17 scripts for 'The Pill', because there was 17 pussies out there tonight; we don't want any unnecessary pregnancies in this team

Not sure if you are taking the piss or not but that's bullshit. There was effort out there tonight, just really really poor execution.

gUt said:
The whole team looked off the pace, but imo we weren't as bad as they were good if you know what I mean.

Know exactly what you mean. Hopefully it was an anomaly, I'm prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt at this stage.

The back up dummy half thing is really hurting us though. Unless he's playing in the halves, Norman shouldn't be in the team. If Griffin wants a hooker on the bench, Baptiste should be the guy or as Jeba said, wouldn't be averse to Butterfield getting a shot either. No more shuffling and playing guys out of position, just a straight swap.

Well if Locky misses the Manly game I'd expect to see us look like...

1. Hoffman
6. Norman
7. Wallace
9. McCullough
14. Baptiste/Beale

Big Pete said:

1. Hoffman
6. Norman
7. Wallace
9. McCullough
14. Baptiste/Beale

I'd say Beale will cover Hodges in the centres.

Big Pete said:

1. Hoffman
6. Norman
7. Wallace
9. McCullough
14. Baptiste/Beale

Beale will be in the centres or wing I hope.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.