Round 10 - Panthers vs Broncos - Post Match Discussion

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport.../story-e6frep5x-1226055434416?from=public_rss

In the most serious headache ahead of "Camp Maroon" being assembled next Tuesday, Hodges is racing the clock with a right hamstring tear, but he remains upbeat he will be fit to play Game One on May 25 after being given an early diagnosis of just a grade one tear.
"It was 'Black Friday' wasn't it... it was one of those nights... Penrith just played great," Lockyer said.

"I just got hit, it's a bit of whiplash, it gave me a bit of a tingle that's all. It's okay, I just got caught in an awkward position. It's more my neck than my shoulder actually. I'm all good."

Even if it is "just a grade one tear" I don't think I want Hodges playing origin after that.

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Beale was going great before he got moved.

That tackle Kenny and Beale missed on an injured Gordon was awful. Mind you he does seem to be very hard to tackle.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
According to NRL Stats, Macca did 63 tackles (3 of which 1on1)... [icon_shru

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
gUt said:
Beale was going great before he got moved.

That tackle Kenny and Beale missed on an injured Gordon was awful. Mind you he does seem to be very hard to tackle.
He is, but he just charged in between them like they weren't even there... [eusa_doh
Beale's defense is questionable for anything other than fullback or wing imo.

nathano11

nathano11

NYC Player
Jun 14, 2010
Lets just forget about tonights game it sucked, not he end of the world. Broncos didn't turn up. I remeber watching Sharks beating them 32-4 in 97 when we were unbeatable. Its just a write off lets just go to sleep and take our minds off it. I am NOT reading the newspaper tomorrow maybe monday i'll start thinking bout footy again. Our bench was crap we still have players to come back. I reckon McCullough is not with it at the moment he was sitting on the bench just staring at the ground when the cameras were on him, it was strange as. Glad for the bye

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I think if this was 2007 or 2008 again, McCullough would be a lot more effective. Markers move into position so quick these days that it's back to being able to deliver a crisp quick pass for hookers, rather than organise a side like they were doing a few years back. It's why other similar hookers have been struggling a bit too IMO, like Ennis and Farah. Cam Smith is an exception though, he's too brilliant.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
I'm going to count it as a one off for now. Honestly we were off tonight anyway. I'm more interested in what we are going to do about attack now. We've seen the standard of our defense so we know what to expect, but where is our attack going? Thaiday hardly seems dangerous in attack anymore, sad to see the Hoff/Locky combo not being able to continue...that was turning into something smooth. Defs missing Folau in terms of attack... We don't want to go back to the 'give it to Hodgo' tactic..... hmmm I'll be honest I want to see some fluidity in attack now. It's early but still... it's time find out what sort of attack groove we are going to head towards this year.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Corey Norman does not have the attitude or ability to play NRL consistently.

He needs to harden up

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Also wtf at Parker being sin-binned?? Anyone have a clue as to why?

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
I didn't see the whole game because i was at work :(

.. but what i did see from my infrequent glimpses of the match, were our forwards getting dominated badly !! Kenny was a punching bag out there ..... he's just not up to it i'm afraid.

We'll bounce back after a weeks rest .... no time to panic yet [icon_wink

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
gUt said:

Swearing at the ref, I think.

I blame Fozz for the loss

Round 10 - Panthers vs Broncos - Build Up Thread
by Fozz » Fri May 13, 2011 6:45 pm

I'm not nervous. Every game up until this, I've been nervous but not this time.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
McCollugh or however you spell it is fucking useless. He's a try hard. Always trying to be the best.

Anyone who thinks Norman has the brains, speed or agility to be a 5/8 I'd kidding themselves.

Thaiday seems to have a pressure issue. When the team is going well, he always drops the ball.

The refs killed that game last night. The 10m rule needs to be enforced, their defence was up on us too quickly, just couldn't do a thing. We had no attack before tonight, not having a 10m was always going to ruin the night.

Any update on Lockyer?

Glad Hodges has a new contract, he's invaluable to the back row of the bench showing off the broncos team uniform each week.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
I had a laugh at Gus last night after the Bulldogs vs Dragons game.

He & Joey were talking about the Hodges & Locker injuries.

Gus said something like, the Broncos have said Hodges & Lockyer will be fine, Dr Peter Sterling said they are is grave doubt.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Nashy said:
Glad Hodges has a new contract, he's invaluable to the back row of the bench showing off the broncos team uniform each week.

Harsh, but very funny.

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
Everyone is entitled to a bad ganme every now and again, however my worry is that this broncos side is so young and inexperienced that they may not know how to handle being in a bit of a rut and being on the end of a few losses.

I mean they had a fantasic start to the year, but they did play some of the lesser teams in the comp early on, and that gave them an easy way to build momentum. It's easy to keep winning when you are winning and have confidence due to that. A few losses and they might start to question themselves. They seemed to find themselves in unfamiliar territory last last, and didn't seem to know what to do.

Don't get me wrong, I think they've doen a great job so far this year and probably exceeded most peoples expectations, but I just worry whether they've got the experience to go on with it week in week out when the times start getting tough.

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
Kaz said:
gUt said:

Parker reckons he was talking to his own players, but when they showed the reply it seemed pretty obious that he was going off at the ref just before he penalised Civo the last time and sent him to the bin.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
How many times did we get tackled with the ball on the 5th? When I was flicking back and forth it seemed a hell of a lot

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
OXY-351 said:
Kaz said:
gUt said:

Parker reckons he was talking to his own players, but when they showed the reply it seemed pretty obious that he was going off at the ref just before he penalised Civo the last time and sent him to the bin.

Who was the ref that binned Moi Moi for something similar?

Active Now

• Canga
  • Galah
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Dash
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Lozza
  • Jedhead
  • Manofoneway
  • Redux
  • Xzei
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.