Round 10 - Panthers vs Broncos - Post Match Discussion

Anyone know what great things were said at the press conference?

Browny said:
How many times did we get tackled with the ball on the 5th? When I was flicking back and forth it seemed a hell of a lot

Dunno, but a lot of times it seemed to be because macca took terrible 5th tackle options.

It's all well and good that he wants to step up and take some pressure off Wallace and Lockyer, but he needs to be a lot smarter about it. All he's doing now is taking away options, not adding any.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 6055794023

Says Hodges 2-3 weeks. Could have been a lot worse. With the bye it could mean he might only miss 1 or 2. Very good thing.

What's with so many people anti Hodges? Yeah he might have had a few long injuries but when he is there he makes up for it. He is our best player with Locky, I am glad we signed him for 3 more yrs. Will be our most valuable player when Locky retires.

Keep in mind that it is Hodges. He tends to be out for longer than expected.

joshobro said:
What's with so many people anti Hodges? Yeah he might have had a few long injuries but when he is there he makes up for it.

I don't think anyone is doubting Hodges on field talent, more the fact he is taking up a reasonable portion of the salary cap, yet it seems like he misses more games than he plays.

OXY-351 said:
I don't think anyone is doubting Hodges on field talent, more the fact he is taking up a reasonable portion of the salary cap, yet it seems like he misses more games than he plays.

What a smart guy he is.

He then pretends it worries him, that he plays so little games. [icon_razz1

I also don't really think Walace's best position is half back. To me he would be an excellent hooker. Good defence, good (well ...) kicking game, and he of course can pass.

I don't think he has the creativity to play half. He has too much room at 7 and usually runs laterally far too much.

IMO, he should play 9. Half back? Well, there's always Macca, Hunt or Norman. I go for Norman.

You can all start biting my head off now .... [icon_lol1.

rnabokov said:
I also don't really think Walace's best position is half back. To me he would be an excellent hooker. Good defence, good (well ...) kicking game, and he of course can pass.

I don't think he has the creativity to play half. He has too much room at 7 and usually runs laterally far too much.

IMO, he should play 9. Half back? Well, there's always Macca, Hunt or Norman. I go for Norman.

You are probably on the money TBH icon_thumbs_u

Well, if Norman is supposedly being groomed to replace the Great Man, then why not play him alongside him. Hook can focus on his defence.

Yes, I have always liked Norman. He has shown what he can do in attack despite his lapses, but I don't think the 7 & 9 combo we have at the moment are going to help our attack threaten any of the top teams post-Origin.

I'd also love to see Yow Yeh in the centres.

I've thought Wallace would be good for us at hooker for a while now.

On Foxtel earlier, it showed Parker being binned & the ref placed his hand on Parker's arm, Parker told the ref not to touch him. [icon_lol1.

At least one positive to come out of the game was the performance of Hala. This bloke looks really promising. I didn't think Kenny was as bad as people are making out, however he does seem to miss a lot of tackles. We really missed Hannant when he was off the field.

rnabokov said:

Agree 100%

gUt said:
rnabokov said:

Agree 100%
I've been calling for this for agessssss.
I hope it happens, I'm fking sick of macca, he is shit.

Wallace would be an awesome hooker for us and turn what is currently a rubbish position for us into a good one. He can play 80 minutes there too. Lockyer/norman halves combo is still pretty good, or even hunt but I'm not a fan of him either.

I confess that I didn't see this coming, not after Griffen being so upset about the loss last week, but as others have said, it was just one of those games. The Panthers did play their best game and we played our worst. I prepared to move on. I do like Norman, i think he has real talent although I'd like to see both him and Hunt have a full season of QLD Cup before the odd game in 1st grade. I think we bring these kids along far too quickly and some just need more time learning their craft before being exposed in the big time. the loss in the end didn't do too much damage considering and so I'm expecting a better performance next game after the bye, otherwise questions will certainly be raised.

Mister Wright said:
At least one positive to come out of the game was the performance of Hala. This bloke looks really promising. I didn't think Kenny was as bad as people are making out, however he does seem to miss a lot of tackles. We really missed Hannant when he was off the field.

Yep Hala looks the goods "battering ram".

Very telling that Melbourne also had a shock loss against Canberra, but at home. That sort of indicates to me that both sides got up for the game the previous week and suffered a let down afterwards. We went to Penrith expecting an easy game and got what we deserved. I hope to see us back to the way we had been playing against Manly, otherwise the mid-season slump is upon us again.

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  • Mustafur
  • Gaz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • ell.d33
  • thenry
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.