Round 10 - Panthers vs Broncos - Post Match Discussion

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Jeba said:
Big Pete said:
Nice pick up. [icon_wink

Although, I don't believe my statement was an exageration in this case.

It was an exaggeration to say that Smith always takes the right option. As good a player as he is, you often see Locky or JT screaming for the ball in an Origin game for Smith to go the other way. Origin 3, 2009 for a perfect example.

Yep. Cost us a clean sweep. (Maybe an exaggeration, but Little Pete likes them).

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Jeba said:
Big Pete said:
Nice pick up. [icon_wink

Although, I don't believe my statement was an exageration in this case.

It was an exaggeration to say that Smith always takes the right option. As good a player as he is, you often see Locky or JT screaming for the ball in an Origin game for Smith to go the other way. Origin 3, 2009 for a perfect example.

I conceded that point was an exageration - that wasn't what Coxy took exception to.

Not one of Smith's finer games (not too Qlders can say otherwise mind you) but the guy was supposed to be coming off at one point before the Blues made a long surge.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
On the contrary I think Smith over rules JT/Locky far too often. I wouldn't necessarily say it's the wrong decision but he shouldn't go the other way that many times esp. close to the line IMO.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Professor47 said:
On the contrary I think Smith over rules JT/Locky far too often. I wouldn't necessarily say it's the wrong decision but he shouldn't go the other way that many times esp. close to the line IMO.

especially when cronk is on.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Professor47 said:

Happened several times last night when Queensland had those 5 repeat sets. He'd go himself, trying to catch the markers out, get nabbed...bit like McCullough.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
If it was a club game he would have got a penalty. Bloody origin rules ;)

Active Now

• Dash
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Jedhead
  • Lozza
  • Manofoneway
  • Redux
  • Xzei
  • Mustafur
  • I bleed Maroon
  • OzeMike
  • scobie
  • MrMoore
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.