PRE-GAME Round 10 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos

Glenn picked up a cork in the Cook Islands game on the weekend according to the guys on Fox, so cover maybe in case Glenn isn't quite right?
That cork looked horrible as well. Got him right on the quad/hip with the point of his shoulder.

When I saw the replay I was thinking that surely Glenn was no chance

Thanks for clearing that up mate, the name sounded familiar but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

It sounds as though Roberts only sprained his ankle. Players typically return in 2 weeks from a sprain or sometimes the next round. It wasn't a high sprain and there was no fracture, so not really much to re-injure.

From @NRLphysio

James Roberts
After copping a direct blow to his knee, Roberts collapsed to the turf of Suncorp Stadium and had to be carried off the field. This ended up being a surprising injury source, as Roberts had in fact rolled his ankle when his knee was hit from the inside. This was a surprise to everyone (me included), as even the trainer had performed tests on Roberts’ knee when he rushed to him on the field. This is likely because the blow to the knee caused considerable pain initially (contusion/cork), but as this had not caused any significant damage it wore off and he was left with the considerable lateral ankle pain. Roberts was cleared of fractures, and the soft tissue damage to his ankle will only hold him out for 2-4 weeks. Like all players listed here the rep round came at the right time for Roberts, and he should be back in the next week or two for the Broncos.

Play him he is a gun who is dedicated and will play through anything like he has in the past.

So zero chance of Opacic or Hunt. Disappointing.

Opacic played well for Qld residents . Last week end .Defence was particularly good .
His shoulders looked fine .[Played right centre ]
Kahu is class no matter what position you put him in . Probably smoother to shift Kahu in 1 and bring in Mead than to bring in a player outside the group that`s been training and winning together .

Tommy isn't fit enough yet to play a full game in the NRL I don't think.

At least we know who to look for. Well, you me and Morkel anyway......Port's eyesight can't be trusted, but neither can my height. I suggest Port and I combine to make one superhuman by me climbing on his shoulders and looking out for Meady.

I was made for it mate.

1047_36929262969_91_n.jpg

James Roberts trained well this morning. He was moving very well and hasn't hurt his chances of making a comeback this week.

He was training separately from the team, though.

Marshall has also returned to training.

George Fai ran for 137 metres from 11 runs for the QLD Residents on Sunday.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • mitch222
  • johnny plath
  • RolledOates
  • kman
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • broncoscope
  • Foordy
  • upthebroncs
  • YeahNahMate
  • Redfern_1980
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Hurrijo
  • winslow_wong
  • Lurker
  • barker
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.