Round 10 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos

I literally give zero ***** what you think you clearly are a fan of a different club.
No I’m clearly not a fan of guys whinging about refs and making excuses for the team. It’s pathetic.

Being fan doesn’t mean being in denial about the teams performance and playing the ‘everyone else’s fault’ card. Whinging about vlandys, refs, coaches on other teams. It’s like watching a child have a tantrum.

Nah I don’t blame Milf. He is what he is. A few set plays have been present when the team is on a roll. Gamble, Milf, and Isaako linked well together a few times. We’ve also seen that inside ball to the middle (from Croft and Gamble) that resulted in Bullimore and Carrigans (disallowed) try. Also a lot of set plays involving Haas and TPJ close to the line, a couple that involve Oates coming in the middle.

The are obviously set plays being practised but no one on the field is setting up for them. As you said, we just don’t have anyone on the field who can work us into position to use them. Not a single organiser in 30+ players.

This is why I think Reynolds and Hynes are so important. Despite Isaako probably outshining Hynes athletically, Hynes has shown he has any idea of what a set play is and hopefully this will take some pressure off of Reynolds to do it all.

Our team is just painfully football illiterate. There’s no way that Kev coached TPJ to throw a cut out pass on our very first set deep in our own half that resulted in Coates being pushed over the sideline forcing a pass that was intercepted on our 40. I knew the game was lost in that very minute. In fact I’m sure that’s the exact thing Kev had his historic mid training spray moment last week.

We need Reynolds, and maybe 1 other experienced spine player who can scream at these idiots when they do shit like that. Lodge did something similar last week where instead of rolling down field he throw that sloppy long pass at TPJs feet that resulted in an early knock on in our own half.
Great post. Sums us up perfectly. A combined coaching set up of Bellamy and Robinson would struggle with this group of players.

Playing roster changes are being made, as it is painfully obvious that this group can't function together. Kevvie can't coach effort. As you've said, the structure is there but no one could be fucked sticking to them when it matters.

No I’m clearly not a fan of guys whinging about refs and making excuses for the team. It’s pathetic.

Being fan doesn’t mean being in denial about the teams performance and playing the ‘everyone else’s fault’ card. Whinging about vlandys, refs, coaches on other teams. It’s like watching a child have a tantrum.

What did you think of the officiating through the first 2 games of Tragic Round?

What do you think of the new rules instigated by RL HQ?

Must be hard living with your eyes painted on.

Broncos and the refs can both be rubbish. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Both, again, were rubbish last night.

Must be hard living with your eyes painted on.

Broncos and the refs can both be rubbish. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Both, again, were rubbish last night.
I’ll say it again. The officiating is overkill but it is not an excuse for the Broncos performance. There is some mass delusion here spread by vocal whingers on the board making the case that the Broncos lost BECAUSE of the refs. You believe that your either a fool or in denial.

I’ll say it again. The officiating is overkill but it is not an excuse for the Broncos performance. There is some mass delusion here spread by vocal whingers on the board making the case that the Broncos lost BECAUSE of the refs. You believe that your either a fool or in denial.
Because you say that, it must be true.

Literally nobody has said that

Yeah I agree with all of this. There are definitely set plays and when the team actually tries them, they are exciting. This team is potent but it is also really dumb, really really dumb and that comes from the spine, like most of our problems.

The other factor was that last night any time we got the ball, we either dropped it or passed it forward. Clunkiness doesn’t equal lack of structure. Kevvie’s bench use, while still questionable, does show signs of getting better.

This side still has those performances in them and when you are playing badly plus getting reffed out of a game you already barely had a hope in, fatigue means all structure goes out the window. Plus what can you do when you are two players down trying to defend repeat set after repeat set.

I know they sucked last night but outside of Turpin and Coates having absolute shockers and a few other brain snaps, I’m not too worried because in a year or two we’ll have the cattle we need to execute the very clear structures Kevvie is trying to implement.

I’m more worried about the game as a whole, no one wants to watch this trash.

Manly showed again last night what happens when you have genuine quality in a spine. A side with Turbo and DCE in it, as well as the eye opening performance by Schuster said it all. 3 quality ball players and a side coached to capitalise on the foundation laid by them.

Turbo's game showed up the enormous difference a good FB makes to a side. Compare Isaako to his game and well, there is no comparison. Equally, compare the organisation DCE provides to what Gamble offers, and there are your answers.

They simply blew us off the park. We have no answers to that level of quality. I don't think the reffing or rules, ridiculous as they are made a shred of differance to last night's result.

For mine, Manly are shaping as a top 4 side.

Literally nobody has said that
You been whinging about refs the whole thread, along with other people you want to blame. ‘what are the players to do…’, ‘the penalty count wasn’t fair…’. Bit late to change your tune.

DCE and Turbo did more on the first 5 minutes (before they scored a point and while the broncos were still defending well) then our spine did all game.
Also, Turpin made Crocker look like Cam smith out there.

Our team sucked.

But the refs and new stupid rules all but made it impossible to make corrections at half time and a competitive game of it. Which I think is where most of the disgust across the league is coming from.

You been whinging about refs the whole thread, along with other people you want to blame. ‘what are the players to do…’, ‘the penalty count wasn’t fair…’. Bit late to change your tune.
They were diabolical but I never said they were the reason we lost.

Manly showed again last night what happens when you have genuine quality in a spine. A side with Turbo and DCE in it, as well as the eye opening performance by Schuster said it all. 3 quality ball players and a side coached to capitalise on the foundation laid by them.

Turbo's game showed up the enormous difference a good FB makes to a side. Compare Isaako to his game and well, there is no comparison. Equally, compare the organisation DCE provides to what Gamble offers, and there are your answers.

They simply blew us off the park. We have no answers to that level of quality. I don't think the reffing or rules, ridiculous as they are made a shred of differance to last night's result.

For mine, Manly are shaping as a top 4 side.
I'm amazed. You single out the ONLY GUY in our team who scored and that's who you whinge about. In fact, the guy who put points on the board WITHOUT assistance AND he's the one you choose to criticize!!!

Perhaps if Isaako's team mates had done their jobs as your Manly crush's team mates clearly did he might have had a great game too.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • NSW stables
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Old Mate
  • BruiserMk1
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • sooticus
  • phoenix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.