Round 10 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos

S

scobie

QCup Player
Sep 1, 2017
I wouldn't be reading too much into the game last night. The team as a whole was just really flat. No spark at all. After the last two weeks effort, and where this team is at, a down week was probably more likely than not. Hopefully they can get back up again for next week.

Broncos Maestro

Broncos Maestro

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
New plan. We field a team of midgets. The opposition will spend the entire game in the bin.
Not sure if this was posted as a joke but after watching the Cows get a player binned because bloody Tesdeco fell into someone’s shoulder, I say all players next week either be under 160cm or walk on their knees.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
100%, fans saying the game was lost through the new rules and poor ref decisions need to wise up. Game was over before it started due to attitude. If you're under the cosh and unable to gain or retain possesion, fatigue kicks in, stupid decsions are made and you pay the price in penalties. Until we get a half that can properly kick on the final tackle this will always be the case
Reynolds won’t provide much at all if the rest of the team can’t get to the end of their sets, or hold the ball.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Reynolds won’t provide much at all if the rest of the team can’t get to the end of their sets, or hold the ball.
Totally....which accounts for at least part reason why our halfs are shit now.

Nerd

Nerd

QCup Player
Sep 27, 2020
100%, fans saying the game was lost through the new rules and poor ref decisions need to wise up. Game was over before it started due to attitude. If you're under the cosh and unable to gain or retain possesion, fatigue kicks in, stupid decsions are made and you pay the price in penalties. Until we get a half that can properly kick on the final tackle this will always be the case
I don't believe anybody on this forum actually thinks that the reffing caused us to lose the game. Manly played all over us but the one sided over the top reffing just ruined the game to watch. If contact eliminating contact with the head is so important why not do this at the start of the year?

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Not sure if this was posted as a joke but after watching the Cows get a player binned because bloody Tesdeco fell into someone’s shoulder, I say all players next week either be under 160cm or walk on their knees.

Put me in Coach, I'm ready. B4L too, although he'll have to run around on his balls.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
slug GIF by Disney Pixar

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
If only it was that simple. A lot of Bronco supporters and fans of the game in general do not know the facts about the Broncos and their relationship with penalties. The Broncos have received the least penalties of all teams in the league since 1988. It's not a coincidence nor simple bad luck or happenstance. It's a deliberate and concerted effort to hobble the club.

Given we play all the other clubs in the same fashion that they play each other you'd expect all clubs to have a similar percentage when taken over a 30 year period. That's not the case though. One club, the Broncos are clearly and consistently discriminated against.

During that period you'd expect every club to have been at the top or near top at least once, that's penalties received, not conceded. Penalties received is not something we can control, it's entirely in the refs and NRL's control.

Nope, never happened. We've never even been close. From memory two clubs have been though, Manly and Cronulla. In fact I think they make up 30% of top places during the last 30 years. Manly 5 times, Cronulla 4 times. Most penalties in a season awarded to them.

That's deliberate. So, good or bad form it makes no difference. We have always been discriminated against.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
If only it was that simple. A lot of Bronco supporters and fans of the game in general do not know the facts about the Broncos and their relationship with penalties. The Broncos have received the least penalties of all teams in the league since 1988. It's not a coincidence nor simple bad luck or happenstance. It's a deliberate and concerted effort to hobble the club.

Given we play all the other clubs in the same fashion that they play each other you'd expect all clubs to have a similar percentage when taken over a 30 year period. That's not the case though. One club, the Broncos are clearly and consistently discriminated against.

During that period you'd expect every club to have been at the top or near top at least once, that's penalties received, not conceded. Penalties received is not something we can control, it's entirely in the refs and NRL's control.

Nope, never happened. We've never even been close. From memory two clubs have been though, Manly and Cronulla. In fact I think they make up 30% of top places during the last 30 years. Manly 5 times, Cronulla 4 times. Most penalties in a season awarded to them.

That's deliberate. So, good or bad form it makes no difference. We have always been discriminated against.
As you say....since the club's inception we've been hobbled by the system. Despite this, we still rose to the top of the league.

With the new rule changes ...its an almost impossible ask.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Is this crackdown on contact to the head here to stay for the rest of the season? Because it’ll be a throwback to the AFL days where players would duck into tackles to get a free kick.

Saying that, Next week we should be getting Sam walker and teddy sent to the bin.

thenry

thenry

QCup Player
Jul 20, 2017
Watching the 5 games live from close to the sideline on half way it struck me that the Bronx look by far the worst in terms of shape.
The cowboys looked great with their shapes, the roosters are the roosters, heck even the Dogs looked like they were organised.
I was shocked to see how bad we looked in terms of shape tbh. Surely that's something we can fix.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008

Anybody saying that we are blaming the refs for losing either isn't reading the actual posts in this thread, or is simply a troll - it's that simple

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
We had nearly an extra 60 tackles just from penalties and errors......Probably up near 70-80 assuming we complete those sets too.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
I was hoping Kev would give it to the ref after the game but in hindsight he probably will address the refereeing directly.
He clearly thinks he has a soft group and doesn't want to give them anything at all in the way of excuses .

One thing he does need to address, sadly, is teaching our players to dive .
Turbo dived and drew a penalty and that fucking centre faked the contact from Riki.
Herbie could have dived and and stopped a try but because he stayed alive we paid the price.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
I was hoping Kev would give it to the ref after the game but in hindsight he probably will address the refereeing directly.
He clearly thinks he has a soft group and doesn't want to give them anything at all in the way of excuses .

One thing he does need to address, sadly, is teaching our players to dive .
Turbo dived and drew a penalty and that fucking gollywog centre faked the contact from Riki.
Herbie could have dived and and stopped a try but because he stayed alive we paid the price.
Don’t agree with the riki thing. That guy led with his skull and got him a good one.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Watching the 5 games live from close to the sideline on half way it struck me that the Bronx look by far the worst in terms of shape.
The cowboys looked great with their shapes, the roosters are the roosters, heck even the Dogs looked like they were organised.
I was shocked to see how bad we looked in terms of shape tbh. Surely that's something we can fix.
I only went on Friday night but I noticed how good the tigers and knights looked compared to us.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Don’t agree with the riki thing. That guy led with his skull and got him a good one
I cant see any real contact.
It was dumb to put himself in that position when you've been told and been on the wrong end of it.
I'd be interested to hear what others thought about the contact though

Active Now

• The Don
  • Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • Mustafur
  • Brocko
  • Porthoz
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Pablo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.