Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

It's kind of weird, our stats don't look too bad! Only 10 errors. Last week we had 17. I knew we were fucked when I saw the rain. Feeling sad for myself, the team and Oates. Boyd and Milford one missed tackle each, Boyd no errors. Didn't say either played well. Just the stats.

Of course they are delicate. The whole team is mentally weak. Boyd was never fit to be a captain. He's been carried his whole career and when he was expected to be a game winner at the knights he failed and checked himself into a clinic, and now when the Broncos need him he's clocked off.

You can't have people like in a team, especially a young team.

We don't really have any leaders. Glenn does his best with his effort, big our players need a hard edge strong leader and we don't have one and I don't see anyone we can get. If you look across most of the teams their leaders are older (over 30) and I don't think that's because of their experience, but more so the mentality of that generation.

This younger generation expects everything to be handed to them and with social media and YouTube etc pretty much every player who debuts has a highlights reel and is touted as the next big thing. Especially if they are signed by the Broncos.

If that’s true, those players need to grow up and understand Wayne is gone.

To be clear; this is not a Seibold, Bennett or any other coach thing either. This is solely directed at the players.

If they are so delicate they can’t keep doing what they’re paid to do because their mate / mentor got the flick in unceremonious circumstances, well, they know where the door is.

As far as I’m concerned; the minute the new coach was signed, whoever it was, they should have supported him or left.

If you’re right and they didn’t (or feel somehow aggrieved for Bennett and subconsciously don’t put in for Seibold), well I feel sorry for Seibold, because he was clearly never going to succeed.

Geez boys. It was sad to read the score. Always teased Broncos fans but always respected the once mighty club. Don't know what's going on but it has to stop. As a Warriors and general league fan, that was hard to see, as well as read the scathing reports. Sad for you fans too.

Kia Kaha
tajhay

Having a Warriors fan feel sorry for us despite the issues they have had and the circumstances they have had to endure this season says it all.

Just need Fifita to sign with the Titans and Dearden to leave to get an opportunity to put the icing on the cake.

Where do I hang myself?

If that’s true, those players need to grow up and understand Wayne is gone.

To be clear; this is not a Seibold, Bennett or any other coach thing either. This is solely directed at the players.

If they are so delicate they can’t keep doing what they’re paid to do because their mate / mentor got the flick in unceremonious circumstances, well, they know where the door is.

As far as I’m concerned; the minute the new coach was signed, whoever it was, they should have supported him or left.

If you’re right and they didn’t (or feel somehow aggrieved for Bennett and subconsciously don’t put in for Seibold), well I feel sorry for Seibold, because he was clearly never going to succeed.

I think its a bit of everything tbh. Seibolds issue is i dont think he gets his message across and he over complicates things instead of keeping things simple and getting the basics right. Its like he has to find some new fangled coaching method to make himself look like he is a modern, progressive coach. Footy doesnt have to be that complex.

In regards to Bennett, i dont think they are sooking that he is gone, and i dont think they havent tried to buy into what Seibs is doing. Its probably not a black and white situation, but i always felt things would be difficult if you upset pretty much the entire group. They werent happy and unhappy players dont perform. At the start, that was on the board, i just feel its spiralled out of control and our coach couldnt handle the pressure of the job on top of it all. In hindsight, we would have been better appointing a Toovey or Maguire to steady the ship as they have a bit more know how and experience.

Last edited:
On Wayne, whenever Wendell is asked by someone what he’s like as a coach he says he’s like the best dad you’ll ever have. Now imagine that guy gets fucked over by the board of your club. How would you feel about that? I completely agree with everything Wolfie’s said in this thread. It was so arrogant of the board to think they could turf Bennett without any consequences.

It's kind of weird, our stats don't look too bad! Only 10 errors. Last week we had 17. I knew we were fucked when I saw the rain. Feeling sad for myself, the team and Oates. Boyd and Milford one missed tackle each, Boyd no errors. Didn't say either played well. Just the stats.

This is what pisses me off even more.

The Tigers who have struggled for points scored 48 points IN THE FUCKING RAIN.

Also they missed 3 conversions. I shudder to think what they would have scored on a dry night.

On Wayne, whenever Wendell is asked by someone what he’s like as a coach he says he’s like the best dad you’ll ever have. Now imagine that guy gets fucked over by the board of your club. How would you feel about that? I completely agree with everything Wolfie’s said in this thread. It was so arrogant of the board to think they could turf Bennett without any consequences.

I dont think they were wrong to move on from Wayne, they just didnt handle it well.

That’s all good and well, but two wrongs don’t make a right.

IF, and it is obviously a big if, they are deiberaly or subconsciously playing poorly as a “**** you” to the board, they are also tarnishing their own career, their young team mates careers and the coach and his staffs careers.

In reality, the people who will be punished the least for poor on field performance will be the board.

You might think it is admirable, but it is equally selfish and shortsighted (again, if it’s true).

Last edited:
Never thought I'd see the day when the Broncos would get trounced by this shitty Wests organization who are as poor as the Broncos are rich. Seibs chalked up a few more club records in futility tonight. There is about three pages worth now. It has become very sad now, I don't have the strength to even be outraged anymore.

Thats right, the board should have known that Wayne has this effect on his players. The ones exposed to him longer would have a harder time letting go. It is obvious it has caused a divide, this team is not playing for each other or the coach. This is no way having a dig at Wayne but the boys here should be giving more. It's obvious they are not fully invested.

Having a Warriors fan feel sorry for us despite the issues they have had and the circumstances they have had to endure this season says it all.

Just need Fifita to sign with the Titans and Dearden to leave to get an opportunity to put the icing on the cake.

Where do I hang myself?

If I had access to gun I would seriously consider shooting myself right now

IF, and it is obviously a big if, they are deiberaly or subconsciously playing poorly as a “**** you” to the board, they are also tarnishing their own career, their young team mates careers and the coach and his staffs careers.

In reality, the people who will be punished the least for poor on field performance will be the board.

You might think it is admirable, but it is equally selfish and shortsighted (again, if it’s true).

I’m not justifying the players doing that. But I think the treatment of Wayne meant that Seibs started off on the wrong foot and it just incrementally got worse until we ended up here. There were also problems before Wayne left but they were fixable. I’ll always wonder how our season would’ve gone if the pandemic had never happened.

Again, i dont think they are doing it to get back at anyone. My own feelings are the group just wasnt happy, and nobody at the club ever moved to resolve any of the issues. Not the players, not the coach, and not the board. Its just been left to spiral out of control.

If I had access to gun I would seriously consider shooting myself right now

Mate, it's just a game of football. You weren't responsible for what happened tonight and nobody on here deserved that result.

Treat yourself to something, don't let this affect you negatively.

That goes for everyone, it's a tough night and I feel for the young fans but things will turn around.

Something has to give.

Last edited:
Thats right, the board should have known that Wayne has this effect on his players. The ones exposed to him longer would have a harder time letting go. It is obvious it has caused a divide, this team is not playing for each other or the coach. This is no way having a dig at Wayne but the boys here should be giving more. It's obvious they are not fully invested.

I think the other issue is we have key players who came here because of Wayne. It isnt just the likes of Boyd.
[automerge]1594992891[/automerge]
Mate, it's just a game of football. You weren't responsible for what happened tonight and nobody on here deserved that result.

Treat yourself to something, don't let this affect you negatively.

That goes for everyone, it's a tough night and I feel for the young fans but things will turn around.

Something has to give.

Oh no, you said its just a game!

Last edited:

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Mighty Bronx
  • ettybay
  • Battler
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.