Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I’m not justifying the players doing that. But I think the treatment of Wayne meant that Seibs started off on the wrong foot and it just incrementally got worse until we ended up here. There were also problems before Wayne left but they were fixable. I’ll always wonder how our season would’ve gone if the pandemic had never happened.
Let’s not act like a Seibold wasn’t in the media pushing it to happen a year earlier. Pulling at the heart strings by using his daughters crying to get sympathy to have Bennett sacked earlier. The entire situation was disgusting for a club that was held in high regard. I know it doesn’t matter but I have no respect for anyone involved in the situation and for those who blame Bennett, what was he supposed to do?

Mate, it's just a game of football. You weren't responsible for what happened tonight and nobody on here deserved that result.

Treat yourself to something, don't let this affect you negatively.

That goes for everyone, it's a tough night and I feel for the young fans but things will turn around.

Something has to give.

Just lucky they took away the guns aye

Thats right, the board should have known that Wayne has this effect on his players. The ones exposed to him longer would have a harder time letting go. It is obvious it has caused a divide, this team is not playing for each other or the coach. This is no way having a dig at Wayne but the boys here should be giving more. It's obvious they are not fully invested.

Bennett's influence, his legacy, runs so deep in this club. It can't be overstated enough. I think Seibold completely underestimated that, and probably thought he could overcome it. Obviously not. I don't know about others here, but it's sort of immediate, unconscious for me, when I hear Bennett's name the first thing that comes to my mind is the Broncos, even though he is at the Rabbits.

The Board is to blame for this mess, not least being their failure to prepare the ground for a transition from Bennett. Giving him that extra year would have been a sound strategy to transition to something new and different. Ill will is a festering sore. The Board is responsible for this

Let’s not act like a Seibold wasn’t in the media pushing it to happen a year earlier. Pulling at the heart strings by using his daughters crying to get sympathy to have Bennett sacked earlier. The entire situation was disgusting for a club that was held in high regard. I know it doesn’t matter but I have no respect for anyone involved in the situation and for those who blame Bennett, what was he supposed to do?

Bennett did himself no favours by signing with Souths and making changes behind Seibs' back. Dare I say, if Bennett didn't sign that deal, he would have seen out his contract here.

Time to sit this team down, coach, staff, board and CEO.
An “honesty” session where they all agree that nothing leaves the room. Let everything spill out.
Let the players let the CEO and board know what isn’t working. An environment where players can name players that aren’t doing a job. Talk about the internal divide.
Sure it won’t be pleasant but let everyone speak what they believe is true. Ask who wants to be there at and who doesn’t. Those that don’t, let them explore their options.
Let the club and those that genuinely love the jersey stay. Those that are there to only collect their pay cheques tell them they are no longer in the 17.
Let the guys that want to be a the club show us they want the jersey. From there select a small leadership group. Build the club from there.
Something has to change. We are going backwards, and fast.
Very sad to see.

Never thought I'd see the day when the Broncos would get trounced by this shitty Wests organization who are as poor as the Broncos are rich. Seibs chalked up a few more club records in futility tonight. There is about three pages worth now. It has become very sad now, I don't have the strength to even be outraged anymore.
Yeah I've gone beyond anger now. I just have serious concerns for the club and how they get out of this. Some tough decisions will need to be made.

Bennett did himself no favours by signing with Souths and making changes behind Seibs' back. Dare I say, if Bennett didn't sign that deal, he would have seen out his contract here.
I doubt that. People were saying it was untenable the entire year. They went behind his back before Seibold, then continued to **** him around. Again what should he have done? Not looked after himself when the club he’d given decades to was quite publicly trying to oust him?

Yeah I've gone beyond anger now. I just have serious concerns for the club and how they get out of this. Some tough decisions will need to be made.

... immediately.

We are now witnessing the consequences of a failure to act

Last edited:
Bennett's influence, his legacy, runs so deep in this club. It can't be overstated enough. I think Seibold completely underestimated that, and probably thought he could overcome it. Obviously not. I don't know about others here, but it's sort of immediate, unconscious for me, when I hear Bennett's name the first thing that comes to my mind is the Broncos, even though he is at the Rabbits.

The Board is to blame for this mess, not least being their failure to prepare the ground for a transition from Bennett. Giving him that extra year would have been a sound strategy to transition to something new and different. Ill will is a festering sore. The Board is responsible for this
Yeah I will always think of Wayne hand in hand with the Broncos. This whole thing has been a disaster. There did need to be a change but the way it was handled is showing now to be a farce.

That’s the thing though, what coach will ever be able to live up to those glory days under Wayne B. No big name coach will be chasing this coaching job. It’s career suicide

Lol, c'mon Pete. The board were never going to keep Wayne on, they'd been deep in negotiations with Souths about a coaching swap deal. Seibold said in his sob story that a deal had been almost reached a couple of times. It's pretty far fetched that the board who were trying their absolute best to get rid of Bennett before the preseason would have had a last-minute change of heart if only the dastardly coach hadn't committed the mortal sin of talking to the very place they were sending him, at the very same time as the Broncos were getting input on player movements from Seibold.

This is what pisses me off even more.

The Tigers who have struggled for points scored 48 points IN THE FUCKING RAIN.

Also they missed 3 conversions. I shudder to think what they would have scored on a dry night.

They also took Grant off and put the brakes on without about 20 to go, it could have gotten far more ugly and next week will be.

Couldn’t agree more.
But, I don’t see how this happens when we have a CEO that is currently putting his hand up for every job available. White, like Boyd, has checked out.
For mine, the only way we see change is if/when Murdoch steps in, and I can’t see that happening until at least the off-season, unfortunately.

That’s the thing though, what coach will ever be able to live up to those glory days under Wayne B. No big name coach will be chasing this coaching job. It’s career suicide

What's also really sad here is that a player's career is over by the time they are in their early 30's whereas coaches can have a much longer lifespan. Like Bennett. Seibold's future may well be at stake here. And for me, that sucks given so much of it is not his fault, and others, like some players, just couldn't care less

But maybe we are looking at this wrong and the board did make a big mistake. Just further back then we think. Maybe the mistake was bringing back Wayne. One person should never have that much sway in a club and the fact we think Wayne = Broncos is wrong.

We have really just repeated the cycle of the first time Wayne left and the coach who replaces him is dead man walking. We had just moved on and folded him right back in. We really should have gone in a different direction back in 2014 I think. What we are going through now is worse then the Henjack days because we never learnt the first time.

Last edited:
I’m not justifying the players doing that. But I think the treatment of Wayne meant that Seibs started off on the wrong foot and it just incrementally got worse until we ended up here. There were also problems before Wayne left but they were fixable. I’ll always wonder how our season would’ve gone if the pandemic had never happened.
I think the attitude came about from that break, certain players had to look after themselves and choose not to. The rift might be from the players who moved mountains to stay match fit while others coasted. Would have been an interesting what if to discuss later.

I can't keep watching unless something massive changes. Called it from the second set. We didn't turn up. And these guys just don't deserve my viewership.

How do you send a message to the whole team? Do we run out reserve graders next week? Show them amateurs can do better?

It's just unacceptable to not have answers to this.

Active Now

• Ondi
  • Midean
  • leon.bott
  • armchair
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Culhwch
  • Dash
  • Big Del
  • Bish
  • Swordfish
  • Santa
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.