Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Kept with the winning formula & didn’t watch the game again.. will be catching the first replay to happy town 👍

A month ago when we trailed the bulldogs 14-6 in the second half, if you’d have told me we’d be 7-4 with a +ve points differential, I’d have pointed you in the direction of the nearest drug rehab clinic..

The improvement has been staggering 👏👏

The Gagai one I hate that it's considered a knock-on, but it's consistent with the rulings of the last few years. Even if there seems to be no actual separation, as soon as control is lost, the ball needs to be brought back under control for it to be considered a try.

But the obstruction one was an absolute howler. Even with my ref conspiracy bias, that was absolutely the wrong call and I'm gobsmacked we actually benefitted from one that bad. I can't even accept the "he passed it immediately" argument, because the defender would have had the opportunity to tackle TMM the moment he caught the ball had there been no Bronco obstructing him. Bad, bad, bad.

I mean, we have copped similar criminally bad calls maybe 5-10 times over the last few seasons, and as fans we had to cop it sweet (I of course chose "kicking and screaming"), but it still makes me think the Knights were cheated and I can't enjoy the win for what it was.

As someone said earlier in the live thread regarding TMM (apologies I don't remember who), he would be without a doubt our best 6, but he is by far and away our best 1 atm so simply cannot be moved.

He is organising our defence so well, and is starting to get more involved in attack. His assist for Cobbo tonight was lovely.

Exciting times and I hope we keep him.

Kept with the winning formula & didn’t watch the game again.. will be catching the first replay to happy town 👍

A month ago when we trailed the bulldogs 14-6 in the second half, if you’d have told me we’d be 7-4 with a +ve points differential, I’d have pointed you in the direction of the nearest drug rehab clinic..

The improvement has been staggering 👏👏
Don’t ever watch a game live again. If you do…..

The Gagai one I hate that it's considered a knock-on, but it's consistent with the rulings of the last few years. Even if there seems to be no actual separation, as soon as control is lost, the ball needs to be brought back under control for it to be considered a try.

But the obstruction one was an absolute howler. Even with my ref conspiracy bias, that was absolutely the wrong call and I'm gobsmacked we actually benefitted from one that bad. I can't even accept the "he passed it immediately" argument, because the defender would have had the opportunity to tackle TMM the moment he caught the ball had there been no Bronco obstructing him. Bad, bad, bad.

I mean, we have copped similar criminally bad calls maybe 5-10 times over the last few seasons, and as fans we had to cop it sweet (I of course chose "kicking and screaming"), but it still makes me think the Knights were cheated and I can't enjoy the win for what it was.
It's happened to us this year and the rugby league world stayed quiet. **** their fake outrage. They don't want the rule to change, they want the Broncos to lose. It's that simple.

As someone said earlier in the live thread regarding TMM (apologies I don't remember who), he would be without a doubt our best 6, but he is by far and away our best 1 atm so simply cannot be moved.

He is organising our defence so well, and is starting to get more involved in attack. His assist for Cobbo tonight was lovely.

Exciting times and I hope we keep him.
Plus you can’t really move gamble away from 6 either. The team is just perfectly balanced at the moment. The use of Walters and paix is also a winning combo too

1652962055818.png

It's the kind of call that if it goes against you, you're dirty AF.
However - I'd call this justice for the missed knock-on call against Lee in the first half, or the strip on Carrigan that led to their try. Or any of those what 5-6 helper penalties that, some of those were very harsh.

I think all in all the ref was pretty poor all over.

Yeah I would have been fine with them giving the Gagai try and taking away Selwyns first... But thats footy, we've been on the other end of that heaps of times.

Crazy how much better we looked when we started respecting the football. The first 60 mins was pretty average team performance thru the middle with a few shining lights on the edges..

Last 20 was classy. I was very pleased with Oates, Cobbo, Gamble & Hetherington

Also, congrats to Ezra Mam on a pretty good debut. Was a bit nervous the first half but didn't let it affect his game, he took his opportunities when they presented themselves and ended up with 2 try assists.

smirk drinking GIF

Outplayed the ref, outplayed Ponga, outplayed Maccas Milford in his first game in a year against his old club......Brisbane don't score 36 points in NSW unless they deserve it. Cry more about the "obstruction", it was all inside shoulder and they're delusional if they think otherwise.

3. Cobbo
2. Staggs
1. Haas

Came damn close to giving Gamble the 1 point for pretty much filling Reynolds shoes exactly as he needed to, but Haas was just too good in the middle for mine. Cobbo is going to be some player. Staggs gets the 2 for his second straight outstanding defensive effort in a row.

Take a bow, Kevvie.

The TMM obstruction call was wrong, no doubt.

but we have multiple calls worse than that every single week go against us and nobody ever causes a fuss.

the call wasn’t important in the scheme of the match and didn’t influence the result at all. The clearly superior team won.

Anyone whinging about the gagai no try is kidding themselves. To the letter of the law, it’s a no try and has been for years.

We were very scrappy and disorganised but expected with no Reynolds. Gamble tried hard but cant manage a game long term. Any other team we would probably lose that game.
Gave cheap penalties and some bad handling but our defence was great once again. Couple of great try savers in first half...

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.