PRE-GAME Round 11 - Broncos vs Roosters

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Now i wonder where walters learned that style of footy ?? To win 7 premierships and have his winning percentage over such an extended period , tells me that he must have more than 1 game plan.
To say he only should be credited for 2 premierships is borderline pathetic ! Bellamy still gets credited for his even though he broke the rules.... maybe Wayne isn't the most tactical of coaches but he knows what works and puts the right people around him.
Your comments wreak of an agenda, you have let it get in the way of the truth.
I haven't taken credit from Wayne or said his premierships shouldn't be counted. I credited Wayne for assembling those teams, giving them the necessary steel and leadership to achieve those titles. They are part of his legacy and I would never take that away from him!

However, I am differentiating two eras, one before the salary cap and the one after it, where assembly of a team filled with superstars is impossible, hence ignoring the first 5 premierships for this purpose!
The Storm did assemble a top quality roster illegally and was justly punished for it, as such those premierships should also be ignored for this purpose.

The purpose (or context) of the discussion, revolves about Wayne's tactics, not his overal worth, and their suitability to the rosters he has assembled since the salary cap was introduced, in particular the roster he has now, which is entirely of his responsibility!

Wayne Bennett is the devil. The Storm don't cheat the game and it's fans.

You've lost the plot. Your absolute bias and blind hatred for Wayne Bennett has finally done it. You've lost it. The post a few up where you rag on about him is possibly one of the most horrible bias bits of opinion I have ever seen on BroncosHQ.

Your hatred for the man has no extended to the point where you can't even give him credit for his previous premierships? How do you expect people to take you seriously in a discussion about Bennett if this is the trash you're dishing up?
Yep, it's an agenda... yours: Bennett is being attacked, quick, let me label the criticism as bullshit and the author as a hater.
Either that, or the inability to read what is written in context... or both.

How have I in any way said that the Storm didn't cheat?

Is either of you actually going to actually address the points, or just keep attacking the poster?

P.S. I've given plenty of credit to Wayne in many aspects, but those just keep being ignored because they don't suit the narrative of "Porthoz is a Wayne Bennett hater".

Last edited:
Even if bennett doesn't win another premiership in another 30 years people will still argue "well he won 7 premierships 50 years ago, his methods must work"

Even if bennett doesn't win another premiership in another 30 years people will still argue "well he won 7 premierships 50 years ago, his methods must work"
Well his methods win more than they lose so do they not work?

However, I am differentiating two eras, one before the salary cap and the one after it, where assembly of a team filled with superstars is impossible, hence ignoring the first 5 premierships for this purpose!

Why do you say before the salary cap?

Good one. Barely anything is working for any team this year. It's honestly been the lowest quality start to a season that I have ever seen.

Yeah it's been hard to watch a whole game at all this year. Lots of boring games. What does it mean for rugby league though...

Why do you say before the salary cap?
Because it's impossible to assemble a superstar team under it, as having one makes tactics much less important.

Just like bellamy wasn't Bennett's either.
No coach is perfect but his records speak for themselves.
By that train of thought, everyone would coach the same way since Rugby League's inception. Bellamy is a totally different coach from Bennett, although he may well have learned plenty from him and applied his personal touch on top of it.
The same obviously goes for Walters, who will have learned from both, and Smith who will have learned from Bellamy and Walters, but will have his own style and methods.

Because it's impossible to assemble a superstar team under it, as having one makes tactics much less important.

When do you think the salary cap was introduced?

Yep, it's an agenda... yours: Bennett is being attacked, quick, let me label the criticism as bullshit and the author as a hater.
Either that, or the inability to read what is written in context... or both.

How have I in any way said that the Storm didn't cheat?

Is either of you actually going to actually address the points, or just keep attacking the poster?

P.S. I've given plenty of credit to Wayne in many aspects, but those just keep being ignored because they don't suit the narrative of "Porthoz is a Wayne Bennett hater".

Your first line indicates that you don't think you have an agenda against Wayne Bennett. There is a single person on this website who believes that.

In context, you hate Wayne, and you hate his decision making. Everyone knows, because you make the point constantly, even if sometimes it's subtle.

Just because I don't respond to your positives of our coach, doesn't mean I ignore them. At this point, it is 100% that I just haven't seen them. I probably skipped over them thinking it would just be more jabs at the coach, with no other real solutions outside of the regular overused crap of "Just pick this young guy. Internet says he's amazing guys". Nevermind they are bloody young, they have no experience, and well frankly, doing well in a competition that no longer exists isn't resume worthy.

Status Quo
- Tried and tested players
- Players who he knows well
- Players who have played next to each other for a lot of years
- A pretty serious injury toll (Somehow this bit gets buried this year)
- A coach who's seen it alllllllll before

Popular Online Opinion
- Go with player who we have never seen
- Fire the coach
- Fire the new guy
- Fire the captain
- Fire the 5/8

I'm not some Bennett sympathiser or groupie. I just know that the Broncos as a club are above that absolute knee jerk reaction bullshit. I also know that removing him from his role, or forcing him to field a team that he is unhappy about fielding, is detrimental to the club, and it's prospects this year.

There is also the fact that, maybe Bennett knows that the fans and media will absolutely and utterly destroy a kids career over a single mistake in a losing game. Would you throw a brand spanking new teenager into a Broncos 7 jersey, at Suncorp, on a Friday night, against another glamour club? I mean, the fans alone would put me off it, we expect a lot.

When do you think the salary cap was introduced?
Do you think you're not transparent?

The NSWRL salary cap structure was completely different from the NRL one, including allowing higher caps to certain clubs depending on circumstances. Many clubs were actually unable to fill their roster to the cap or near it, because there were nowhere near the same concessions and hand-holding by the regulating body as there are now.

FYI, 2001 was the first year where salary cap breaches actually meant fines and/or loss of points.

So to the point... there is no way you could build a roster under the NRL cap since 2001 like those assembled by Bennett in the 90's.

Your first line indicates that you don't think you have an agenda against Wayne Bennett. There is a single person on this website who believes that.

In context, you hate Wayne, and you hate his decision making. Everyone knows, because you make the point constantly, even if sometimes it's subtle.

Just because I don't respond to your positives of our coach, doesn't mean I ignore them. At this point, it is 100% that I just haven't seen them. I probably skipped over them thinking it would just be more jabs at the coach, with no other real solutions outside of the regular overused crap of "Just pick this young guy. Internet says he's amazing guys". Nevermind they are bloody young, they have no experience, and well frankly, doing well in a competition that no longer exists isn't resume worthy.

Status Quo
- Tried and tested players
- Players who he knows well
- Players who have played next to each other for a lot of years
- A pretty serious injury toll (Somehow this bit gets buried this year)
- A coach who's seen it alllllllll before

Popular Online Opinion
- Go with player who we have never seen
- Fire the coach
- Fire the new guy
- Fire the captain
- Fire the 5/8

I'm not some Bennett sympathiser or groupie. I just know that the Broncos as a club are above that absolute knee jerk reaction bullshit. I also know that removing him from his role, or forcing him to field a team that he is unhappy about fielding, is detrimental to the club, and it's prospects this year.

There is also the fact that, maybe Bennett knows that the fans and media will absolutely and utterly destroy a kids career over a single mistake in a losing game. Would you throw a brand spanking new teenager into a Broncos 7 jersey, at Suncorp, on a Friday night, against another glamour club? I mean, the fans alone would put me off it, we expect a lot.
In other words... you have absolutely no clue about my thoughts in regards to Bennett, but just kicked up a stink because you think you do.

In other words... you have absolutely no clue about my thoughts in regards to Bennett, but just kicked up a stink because you think you do.
There's probably no way we could ever know your thoughts about Wayne Bennett

Active Now

• porouian
  • Broncorob
  • MrMoore
  • johnny plath
  • Manofoneway
  • Cavalo
  • mitch222
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • john1420
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.