PRE-GAME Round 11 - Broncos vs Roosters

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Mago is one of those guys fans on here are going to either love, or never want to see in a Broncos jersey again! He is a real divider of opinion with the way he plays. Lazy at times, but can be a real weapon if he is on.
I don't know about mago but Patrick Carrigan played so well for Wynnum Manly Seagulls. Last week carrigan played 80 minutes against png hunters.

Mago is one of those guys fans on here are going to either love, or never want to see in a Broncos jersey again! He is a real divider of opinion with the way he plays. Lazy at times, but can be a real weapon if he is on.

I’ve met him... My opinion is already formed...

I still think we can be more effective even with what we have.
Bennett thought the same despite Kodi stinking it up last year as well. A lot of Bronco's problems would be solved with a decent HB. Even with a high injury toll, the spine is still healthy but when the spine contains your struggling captain and an utility who belongs in ISC, then there are going to be massive issues.

Last edited:

Hopefully he is on, but given the way things are going for us this year it wouldn't surprise me if it's the opposite with him.

Bennett thought the same despite Kodi stinking it up last year as well. A lot of Bronco's problems would be solved with a decent HB. Even with a high injury toll, the spine is still healthy but when the spine contains your struggling captain and an utility who belongs in ISC, then there are going to be massive issues.

I thought Kodi did better than he is now last year in all honesty. I think our issue is we are trying to make players do things that dont suit their game. I do think he either has to let them play a different way, or try another player.

I thought Kodi did better than he is now last year in all honesty. I think our issue is we are trying to make players do things that dont suit their game. I do think he either has to let them play a different way, or try another player.

Trying to turn Milford into a game manager is the biggest example of this here. It's killing his best attributes, almost no linebreaks or try assists.

Agree with that. He is certainly going to divide opinion. I just hope he gets a break if he doesn't kill it from the start. We are too harsh on rookies sometimes, they are going to make mistakes. Some on here seem to crucify the one thing they do wrong in a game rather than focus on the decent stuff they do.

Nope, he wasn't any better. Boyd took on most of his workload and Kodi was nothing more than a catch and pass man. He still missed tackles, his kicking and decision making was still shit but it was masked by the Broncos having a pretty good season. With Boyd struggling this year, Kodi has had to pick up that slack (like a normal HB) with disastrous results. A tremendous error in judgement by WB and there is no ready made solution unfortunately.

Anyone know how long Haas will be out for? Hopefully not too long.

Dead set ! How many fucking times is he going to go with kodi at 7 . At least carry another option on the bench . Im going to be lucky to even worry about reading the live game thread.
It’s an absolute joke

People talk about 2015 and the free flowing attack our halves had. They sumise if we just play like that everythin will fall into place, but there areaa few things that go against it.
We don't have the consistent defence we had in 2015. It really was the backbone of our success and should be what we aim for to correct things. A strong defence means we can make the occasional error and not be scored against or sometimes worse: be trapped for an eternity in our own halves. But why do we get trapped in our own half? A lack of defensive pressure on opposition kickers.
Add to that an inconsistent forward pack and we sow the seeds of disaster.
Finall, throw in some simple handling errors by our backs or a bad option on the last play and we lose, badly.
We don't need expansive backline plays in our own half early in the match. Nor do we need a brilliant speedster or a brutal strong runner to make some exstravagent play.
What is needed is to use to first half to grind down our opponents. It might sound boring but if we can physically tire our our opponents then capitalise on their errors we will easily win most games.
We don't have the halves to create havoc early on (unless there is a dodgy defender identified by the coach).
We keep saying we dont have those kind of halves. Therefore playing a game of expansive football that feeds to strengths we don't have is counterproductive.
That doesn't mean a complete lack of creativity but just a different way of approaching it. As the game rolls on, the likes of Roberts against tiring defence is lethal, but like our halves is impotentent against fresh defence without support runners, and tired from hit ups in our own halve.

Not sure.

I remember seeing him defend on the right at one stage there but that could have just been temporary.
People talk about 2015 and the free flowing attack our halves had. They sumise if we just play like that everythin will fall into place, but there areaa few things that go against it.
We don't have the consistent defence we had in 2015. It really was the backbone of our success and should be what we aim for to correct things. A strong defence means we can make the occasional error and not be scored against or sometimes worse: be trapped for an eternity in our own halves. But why do we get trapped in our own half? A lack of defensive pressure on opposition kickers.
Add to that an inconsistent forward pack and we sow the seeds of disaster.
Finall, throw in some simple handling errors by our backs or a bad option on the last play and we lose, badly.
We don't need expansive backline plays in our own half early in the match. Nor do we need a brilliant speedster or a brutal strong runner to make some exstravagent play.
What is needed is to use to first half to grind down our opponents. It might sound boring but if we can physically tire our our opponents then capitalise on their errors we will easily win most games.
We don't have the halves to create havoc early on (unless there is a dodgy defender identified by the coach).
We keep saying we dont have those kind of halves. Therefore playing a game of expansive football that feeds to strengths we don't have is counterproductive.
That doesn't mean a complete lack of creativity but just a different way of approaching it. As the game rolls on, the likes of Roberts against tiring defence is lethal, but like our halves is impotentent against fresh defence without support runners, and tired from hit ups in our own halve.
speaking of 2015, I just watched something I said I would never watch again the last minute of the grand final. It’s still so raw. I think our players need to watch this again and get the want back for winning the main prize, in 2018 we are just fielding a shell of a team. Nobody is playing for the jersey.

speaking of 2015, I just watched something I said I would never watch again the last minute of the grand final. It’s still so raw. I think our players need to watch this again and get the want back for winning the main prize, in 2018 we are just fielding a shell of a team. Nobody is playing for the jersey.

TPJ is.

Lodge is playing well. He's playing equally for himself, but not in a bad way. Jimmy and Milf are trying, but they're pushing water uphill. Couple of others are doing their job but the rest not so much. But we have other problems. Playing for the jersey is a hard quality to make up for, and while it's something we're known for, we have to fix our structures and team makeup first.

I dont really think our players aren't playing for the shirt, we just have a lot out of form and the team as a whole just isnt clicking, butbik really dont think it's generally from a lack of effort.

Active Now

• Big Del
  • Fitzy
  • Mister Wright
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • The True King
  • mitch222
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • thenry
  • Culhwch
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Wild Horse
  • bert_lifts
  • ChewThePhatt
  • LittleDavey
  • Brotherdu
  • Financeguy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Dash
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.