PRE-GAME Round 11 - Broncos vs Roosters

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Looked at the team last night and thought Staggs looked a better fit. He looked a lot better than Shibaski in the 20’s last year as well.

What's the take on this guy? Should we be excited?

I am extremely excited. Watched this kid slaughter in the 18s and first grade in group 11 when he was 17.
He defintely has the talent to match it in the NRL

Looked at the team last night and thought Staggs looked a better fit. He looked a lot better than Shibaski in the 20’s last year as well.

I like Shiba, but in terms of a bench player Staggs is a better fit.

Great reward, more robust and versatile than Shibasaki. Leading points scorer in the ISC with 84. Five tries so 22nd overall there. Had two good debuts this year- Colts two tries and ISC two tries. Let’s go a third. He’s a very smart footballer, seems to understand where to position himself and will just get a job done with no fuss.

Been at 6, back row and centre. Not scared to chip and chase too!

Has he been at 7?

We just gotta do something about Nikorima's defense, else we're conceding 20+ points everytime he starts at 7.

Where do you think he will end up mate? I really see him in the back row honestly. Seen a fair bit of him for Reddy and he had been very efficient for them. Like you said, he gets the job done, is good without being great. As I mentioned before, I do worry sometimes about his discipline. He has a bit of a mouth on him towards refs as well. He been pulled up a few times about it in games and luckily hasn't been penalised.

He'd be a great bench utility, can cover more spots that Opacic and offers a bit more spark. Bench for a year or 2 and will keep Roberts and Bird honest, if either of them go off the rails he takes their spot. Could be a lethal right side with Fifita coming through with Staggs outside him, keep Isaako out there and it's mint.

Excellent kicker too.

We have a solid center in Bird if we pick him there, plus the likes of Opacic and Shibasaki as solid backup. We just need to use our outside backs better. Their attack is blunted so much by the amount of dirty work and defence they have to do.

There will be back row spots up for grabs anyway in a couple of years and the likes of staggs and Fifita plus Sua If we keep him. I just dont see staggs as a long term center. Always played his best footy when I've seen him in the back row.

Maybe in lower grades and isc but he could kill it at centre, like darren smith maybe.
What happened to bird at lock ?

He'd be a great bench utility, can cover more spots that Opacic and offers a bit more spark. Bench for a year or 2 and will keep Roberts and Bird honest, if either of them go off the rails he takes their spot. Could be a lethal right side with Fifita coming through with Staggs outside him, keep Isaako out there and it's mint.

Excellent kicker too.

I think he is a better bench player than Tom as well.

Maybe in lower grades and isc but he could kill it at centre, like darren smith maybe.
What happened to bird at lock ?

Bird isnt fit, so until he is I just dont think he will end up at lock.

Hard to judge players who can step up from the lower grades. Whitchurch for example was an absolute gun coming through, then collapsed when he got to NRL level. But like I said before, unless we change how we let our centers operate I dont really think it's going to matter who plays where. I still think Staggs gsme is better suited to back row, but coming from the bench I think he is a better utility option.

Bird isnt fit, so until he is I just dont think he will end up at lock.

Hard to judge players who can step up from the lower grades. Whitchurch for example was an absolute gun coming through, then collapsed when he got to NRL level. But like I said before, unless we change how we let our centers operate I dont really think it's going to matter who plays where. I still think Staggs gsme is better suited to back row, but coming from the bench I think he is a better utility option.
That is not true about Whitchurch. He always had hands like feet all the way through the 20’s and never looked like improving. One dimensional player that couldn’t hold a ball was never going to make it.

We'll get pumped tomorrow. Our team is starting to look ragged and thin. Yet another debutant.

That is not true about Whitchurch. He always had hands like feet all the way through the 20’s and never looked like improving. One dimensional player that couldn’t hold a ball was never going to make it.

I watched him all the way through, even before he signed with us and he was really good. He never really started dropping the ball a heap until he got into the first team. He seemed to decline rapidly from there imo. Like I said though, it's hard to judge them coming through because they all make so many mistakes anyway. The football isnt a disciplined so they take more risks, especially in the 20's, that's why you used to get ridiculous scoreline.

We'll get pumped tomorrow. Our team is starting to look ragged and thin. Yet another debutant.

I think the opposite, I think the injection of youth will give us life. Also, losing Bird may prove to be more of a positive than a negative, at least short term.

I'm also excited by the prospect of 80 minutes of Pangai Jr this week, and Ofahengaue will lift in the starting role.

Broncos by 4.

So will Staggs be the next boom bronco to have 1mill offers thrown at him after 60 seconds in the nrl

Will take alot to get him to move away from the Broncos. He was chased by every Sydney club when he was younger and actually contacted the Broncos himself to ask for a tryout. He is one person who grew up a Broncos supporter and always wanted to be at the Broncos. Oh and he has already re signed for another two years anyways

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Browny
  • Midean
  • Battler
  • Broncorob
  • johnny plath
  • Jazza
  • Foordy
  • Dash
  • heartly87
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Wolfie
  • Behold
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Sproj
  • Fozz
  • Swordfish
  • Financeguy
  • Gaz
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.