Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Sims out with a broken jaw from that tackle

Shocking news. The fact that it's Sims makes it less angering but still, the incompetence on display from every facet of the NRL is a disgrace.

N

Number6

QCup Player
May 21, 2016
I've been waiting for someone to bring this up. How many tries did Boyd have a hand in last night? He made a piss poor attempt of a tackle but other than that he played well. And he has over the last three weeks now. Tedesco on the other hand has a bunch of run metres that have led to absolutely nothing, all year..

You mean a fullback tried to catch the ball off a kick? Or was involved in a backline movement that eventually led to a try.

And a halfback didn’t want to be tackled with the ball and threw it to a fast guy?

They showed up which is good but is bare minimum at NRL level. If competent at times is the standard we are screwed.

Neither are lazy or bad players, both are actually very very good if used correctly. Boyd is just not fit and is overpaid for what can offer and KNik just isn’t a halfback. Would be thrilled to have a fit Boyd in centre for 2 years with club option for 3rd at 400000 a year or KNik as bench hooker at 300000.

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Can't stop watching jimmys try. So many little subtle moves he does. Change of speed, a jink, a step and changing ball from one hand to two hands to fake a pass. The guys a freak.
Is it weird that I've watched this probably 57 times now?

roo-ted

roo-ted

NRL Player
Oct 8, 2017
My favourite part of the press conference was when Wayne said Isaako will be a fullback one day. Let's just hope it's for us and not to far away

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Bennett said he was fine in the press conference

This. Bennett said that Sims was concerned he had re-broken his jaw but turns out he hadn’t, so he’s fine.

Pub Steak

Pub Steak

QCup Player
Feb 24, 2018
with our structure issues, I think Milf is doing an excellent job of using the “individual talents” to create tries. I’ve read some posts making it sound like a bad thing that our tries are coming from individual plays. If they weren’t I would be worried we weren’t utilising the special talents such as Jimmy’s speed, Oates’ barge power, Milf and Isaako’s step (of which I hadn’t really seen before last night and was super impressed). The team is new and the structures will take at least a season to work. Top priority now is keep the players in one position each and blood a half. In saying that WB has proven he knows the right time to blood a new player. Our rookies are all pretty much shining. Maybe they wouldn’t have if blooded too early.
Also Jimmy’s try was epic but I reckon Isaako’s tops it. Watch that footwork in slow mo. Ridiculous! Definitely saw glimpses of Campese in some of those moves...

animal eater

animal eater

QCup Player
Jul 27, 2013
My favourite part of the press conference was when Wayne said Isaako will be a fullback one day. Let's just hope it's for us and not to far away

That was what raised my ears the most in the press conference too. Perhaps we are reading too much into it but lets just hope that old crusty is seeing that his son can't handle the fullback position anymore. Personally I want to see a real life number 7 and not just someone who plays it by default. Knowing old crusty will keep son Boyd on field regardless of his performance, you wonder if there is thought to Boyd at 6, Milford and 7, Isaako to 1 and Kahu to wing? At least in this configuration you get Boyd doing the one thing more frequently which he is still good at which is pass the ball. Food for thought.

N

Number6

QCup Player
May 21, 2016
with our structure issues, I think Milf is doing an excellent job of using the “individual talents” to create tries. I’ve read some posts making it sound like a bad thing that our tries are coming from individual plays. If they weren’t I would be worried we weren’t utilising the special talents such as Jimmy’s speed, Oates’ barge power, Milf and Isaako’s step (of which I hadn’t really seen before last night and was super impressed). The team is new and the structures will take at least a season to work. Top priority now is keep the players in one position each and blood a half. In saying that WB has proven he knows the right time to blood a new player. Our rookies are all pretty much shining. Maybe they wouldn’t have if blooded too early.
Also Jimmy’s try was epic but I reckon Isaako’s tops it. Watch that footwork in slow mo. Ridiculous! Definitely saw glimpses of Campese in some of those moves...

Nothing wrong with individual brilliance but it needs to be the cream. Can’t rely on it to beat good teams alone. Structures need to support those talents rather than a lack of structure being propped up by them. Very different to give Jimmy the ball after forwards have rolled them on back foot and halves have got him one on one outside his man versus here’s the ball please do something.

A few forwards are new (TPJ, Lodge and Bird) but the backs and spine (not counting Bird as he was surely bought as a lock if any logic at time) have all been in the Broncs team or systems for years. Aside from Bird all new players also had a full preseason. Furthermore Bennett has been back 3.5 years now so surely the team should have his systems set such that with a well coached team including cover players should know a full set of defensive and offensive patterns by muscle memory to fall back on. These guys are professional footballers in a well resourced club. No excuses for me. The injuries are a problem but young guys are developing well. They’ll be a little loose at times but they have stood up. It’s the old guys and big names that need to be accountable and the coach who can’t get them to implement anything other than an off pace sweep play 10 years running.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Johnny92
  • FACTHUNT
  • lynx000
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Robboi_321
  • Cavalo
  • Harry Sack
  • Financeguy
  • Aldo
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncotville
  • Allo
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.