Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

With Boyd, so long as he’s not a direct contributor to a loss, and does the occasional adequate thing, that gets an ‘he was ok’ or ‘not that bad’ now, which is just reflection on how bad things are. We can also see the light at the end of the tunnel when he and his pathetic attitude will be finally gone.

Hopefully Milford joins him, because he caught it’sjustagame-itis from Boyd and won’t ever recover. he’ll just spread it and let it fester in guys like Joe O and Oates. There’s still hope for them

Milford and Boyd worry me now more than ever. To me they are so negative. I wonder as senior players, just how much they influence the morale of the team. Whatever they do, they are insipid.

They offer no passion to their game, unlike most of our younger players. They are a drag. I don't care that Boyd played ok tonight. He is not signed to be ok. Or a centre. Milford looks shot. Something isn't right with him.

I reckon their attitude and their performances undermine our side. Maybe not intentionally, but that's not the point. Our young player's don't need that shit.

I've been one of Milford's strongest advocates on here, and now I advocate for him to have a break from this side, along with Boyd. Whatever Boyd's contributions, he just shows no spark, nothing to inspire us. Both of them are downers.

I feel they both need a break and both need to be talked to in no uncertain terms about their commitment to the club as leaders, our 2 most senior players. If they have issues, then the club needs to fix them.

Milford and Boyd worry me now more than ever. To me they are so negative. I wonder as senior players, just how much they influence the morale of the team. Whatever they do, they are insipid.

They offer no passion to their game, unlike most of our younger players. They are a drag. I don't care that Boyd played ok tonight. He is not signed to be ok. Or a centre. Milford looks shot. Something isn't right with him.

I reckon their attitude and their performances undermine our side. Maybe not intentionally, but that's not the point. Our young player's don't need that shit.

I've been one of Milford's strongest advocates on here, and now I advocate for him to have a break from this side, along with Boyd. Whatever Boyd's contributions, he just shows no spark, nothing to inspire us. Both of them are downers.

I feel they both need a break and both need to be talked to in no uncertain terms about their commitment to the club as leaders, our 2 most senior players. If they have issues, then the club needs to fix them.

Yep.

Regardless of their on field performances, you could argue the biggest detriment of having them in the team is their dog shit attitudes. Shoulders slumped, frowns on faces, hardly ever talking, never trying to rev the team up. You expect SO much more from guys who've played as long as these 2 blokes have. It's so sad to watch, and it's so bad for our young guys to have no real veterans on the team with Lexy out.

Yep.

Regardless of their on field performances, you could argue the biggest detriment of having them in the team is their dog shit attitudes. Shoulders slumped, frowns on faces, hardly ever talking, never trying to rev the team up. You expect SO much more from guys who've played as long as these 2 blokes have. It's so sad to watch, and it's so bad for our young guys to have no real veterans on the team with Lexy out.

This is just so true, and it is sad to watch

With Boyd, so long as he’s not a direct contributor to a loss, and does the occasional adequate thing, that gets an ‘he was ok’ or ‘not that bad’ now, which is just reflection on how bad things are. We can also see the light at the end of the tunnel when he and his pathetic attitude will be finally gone.

Hopefully Milford joins him, because he caught it’sjustagame-itis from Boyd and won’t ever recover. he’ll just spread it and let it fester in guys like Joe O and Oates. There’s still hope for them

Yeah all is forgiven because once per month he does 3-4 things a first grader should do every game.

Milford doesn't even hit that standard.

Last edited:

2015 grand final scars played a part, imo. Back of their minds, a couple of these players know that was their only window. Not gonna see another GF. Just phone it in till hanging them up. Or maybe when Milf's contract starts to run out we'll see the Milf of old till the ink is dry on a new one, somewhere.

Time to play Seibold in the press conference bingo.

Line 1) 'I thought we started well', 'We showed good effort at stages', 'We'll learn from that'

Line 2) 'I thought Milly did some good stuff tonight', 'We've got 15 players out at the moment', 'Luke Keary missed 6 tackles last week'

Line 3) 'I think I'm the right man for the job', 'No excuses for that second half performance', 'I'll go back to work and see what changes need to be made'
HA HA what are todays lotto numbers because you can see into the future.

Last edited:
He’s played 6 for the last 18 months and has been dreadful there too. He’s not a footy player anymore. Imagine playing with a bloke like him who is earning a million dollars a year while you’re playing your ass off for 200k? He’s one of the cancers at this club and there’s no denying it anymore. He sucks
haven't you heard it's his goal not to try too hard or apparently at all.

That second half collapse was just so painful. We were down on the Broncos tryline in the second half so double ouch.

My observation is we still can't slide in defence, I don't know what the hell they do in training because it's been happening all year. It seems some players just disappear into the ether and huge gaps open up.

Milf has to go too. Watching him amble around at fullback with no urgency whatsoever made it obvious he's totally unfit, carrying an injury or doesn't give a crap. We should just move on, let him rot in the reserves. I would rather play Isaako at fullback.

Still, good to be back at Suncorp watching live footy despite all the covid restrictions.

Last edited:
Yep.

Frowns on faces? Boyd always has such a delightful smile after the game.

Haas showed so much heart last night. I thought he tried to hit harder in defence especially early on and one thing that can be overlooked is that he is always one of the first in cover defence even though he's playing huge minutes. Really hope he never leaves us.

Milf had a shocker, but this is 100% a coaching issue and even a roster change of 6+ players won't fix it until we learn to play the game like the top teams do.

Brisbane are winning PTB speed but not making meters, because we're playing flatfooted and directly on the mark while the best teams do everything they can to play ahead of the mark to put remove a marker or two out of the game and keep the defensive line back pedaling.

Same shit every time. Opposition march up 50-60 meters and then restrict us to 40 meters making out 5th tackle options very limited. Wash-Rince-Repeat until we eventually make a mistake or give away a reset tackle because of the pressure their off the mark play the ball applies.

I thought Haas and Carrigan were outstanding tonight

Carrigan is just a good honest toiler, not overly flashy but just the type of guy you need in the middle. Reminds me of Corey Parker, but more advanced at the same age. Hopefully he can develop an offload like CP13 did later in his career. Can't think of a better fit at captain in the current squad, and I hope he's a Bronco for life.

Haas is no doubt a phenomenon, but I do wish sometimes he'd stamp his authority on a game more. In the opposition twenty in particular he often doesn't seem to get involved, when he should be hitting the ball hard off short passes back towards the posts. This of course is partially a halves and hooker problem as well.

Dearden looked settled at seven, and showed he should have been there a lot sooner. I hadn't wanted to throw him in amid the slump in case it damaged his development, but I think was wrong. I thought he could have gotten more involved, but that will come.

I don't think Croft is a long term answer at six, although with the right coach and a directive to not overplay his hand and be more of a running five-eighth he might be okay. I'd be shopping for a veteran partner for Deaden as soon as possible, though.

I wish we saw that Flegler every week, but I won't hold my breath. TPJ is so dumb it hurts. The rest of the pack was middling to poor.

Boyd I thought showed some spirit - that early cover tackle was vintage - but he also did some stupid shit. I feel like he is trying harder though the last couple of weeks. Perhaps he's seen the end rapidly approaching and decided he doesn't want his lasting legacy to be of a guy throwing himself out of the way of contact.

Staggs adds so much to that backline, but I'm always afraid he's a moment away from doing something dumb and getting binned or suspended. Not on aTPJ level, mind. Coates was quiet, but fine. Farnworth is a hard worker and willing, but I don't know if he's necessarily a special talent. You need guys like him though as well.

Not sure what the answer at fullback is, but it sure isn't Milford. I wouldn't be averse to sticking with Niu in the short term, but I'd be looking for options beyond him for sure.

Last edited:
Could someone please make an animated gif of siebold when we scored the try.

So the mystery of Flegs' poor form was solved by Locky last night. Locky said that when he came back after the enforced break he had contracted some bug and lost quite a bit of weight and was not feeling 100%. last night was the first time he had re-gained the lost weight and was feeling back to normal. One of his runs in particular suggests that this just might be the case and all he needs now is a bit more fitness.

Go Flegs!

Last edited:
(Milford wont be kicked out of the team) under seibs. Just wont happen.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Wolfie
  • Bucking Beads
  • TimWhatley
  • peter09
  • Waynesaurus
  • Johnny92
  • Tim K
  • Dash
  • Fozz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Foordy
  • Stix
  • Morkel
  • broncs30
  • Broncosgirl
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.