Round 11 - Bulldogs vs. Broncos - Pre-Match Discussion

Hope the boys are prepared for the ambush that the dogs will unleash. Can't afford to give the opposition a 10 point start like the Eels game.

This will be the last game Hodges plays for us for a while. I struggle to see him play much for us during the origin period.

This will be the last game Hodges plays for us for a while. I struggle to see him play much for us during the origin period.

Yeah, typical Hodges. He seriously needs to retire from Origin for everyone's sake, but I guess that extra $50K a year is always nice.

A first grade halfback shouldn't be kicking grubbers dead from 10m out. Worst case scenario it doesn't get far in goal and the fullback/whoever can dive into the field of play. Do it consistently well and the reward is great ... back to back sets through drop outs.

Every first grade level half is guilty of it though - one of those easier said than done criticisms for mine.

Every first grade level half is guilty of it though - one of those easier said than done criticisms for mine.

Every first grade level half is guilty of kicking a cross field kick into touch or dead on the full too. I really don't see how it's a "higher percentage" play than a grubber.

The percentage of that happening would be far less than that of grubbers. I can't recall too many examples of that happening at the club and so the cross field kick is a much higher percentage play.

Is anyone worried that Granville might follow in the same path of Norman, Whitchurch, Gibb etc., who all had a good/great first match for the Broncs, only to completely disappear into obscurity afterwards (or play like shit in Norman's case)?

Is anyone worried that Granville might follow in the same path of Norman, Whitchurch, Gibb etc., who all had a good/great first match for the Broncs, only to completely disappear into obscurity afterwards (or play like **** in Norman's case)?
Not worried at all. Completely different situations.

Is anyone worried that Granville might follow in the same path of Norman, Whitchurch, Gibb etc., who all had a good/great first match for the Broncs, only to completely disappear into obscurity afterwards (or play like **** in Norman's case)?

Bit different to a young kid. Granville is 24 and played hard years of Qld Cup winning GF's. He is more like Reed or Gillett.

It's always a concern no matter what player, Anyone not concerned is one hell of an optimus prime. We can't however let it be the main focus when watching him like "Oh shit, here comes the slide." Just enjoy it while he gives it.

i just hope he doesnt think too much about having to impress to keep his spot in the side, and consequently stuff up.

just let it flowwww

Well, I doubt he's going to get things as easy against the dogs as he did on his debut. It will be good to see how he goes when there is scoreboard pressure and a stronger defensive effort.

Granville's role is arguably the least influential on the team so it wouldn't matter one bit.

Let's be honest for a second, how many average performances has Hunt put in off the bench? I'd say at least 50% of his stints have been ordinary so really it's not like Granville is expected to go out there, set up 4 tries and kick a field goal. He's just there to inject some energy into the ruck and allow Macca to rest up a bit.

Heck, there's the very real possibility that he may not even make it out onto the field.

Going to be a bogfest so the forwards will have to stand up against the imposing Dogs pack. A win tonite could really change the season around and will do the confidence levels a great service.

Yep, we need to win this one I think. If we don't the rest of the season is going to be a long one with the SOO coming up.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Brocko
  • MrRobot
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Galah
  • Bucking Beads
  • winslow_wong
  • Mick_Hancock
  • bb_gun
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • Browny
  • Thelmus
  • Battler
  • teampjta
  • Rookie Alan
  • Wolfie
  • Allo
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.