Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Milford and Hunt, unlike last week, for some unknown reason, just stopped working together. Can't understand that, and for mine, aside from the injuries, made such a big difference. I think Bennett needs to really work on our halves combining a whole lot better.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Milford just played tired the last bit. He didnt choke.

Please mate... I was milfs biggest fan even when he played for the raiders and before he had signed with us, but he spilt his lollies tonight and choked big time...

B

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2015
The refereeing was ok. Wallace was metres offside just before half time when the Cowboys were attacking our end. Some calls went our way, some theres. We can't blame the refs.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
and to those saying oh its 2 - 2 its easy to beat them there just lucky when they win. do u not think maybe its just lucky that we have won those other 2 games instead?

i mean you ask any other nrl supporter who doesn't care about cows or broncs and neally all will say cowboys should win. simple fact is they dominate us in last 20 minutes every time we play them.

dont you guys want to be the one dominating them for a change in last 20 hammering there line over and over and over?

its something we really need to fix. and i dont even know how we do that with the roster the cows have and our lack of big forwards like there's

there's no doubt we are the better defending team and we show tremendous heart no other team would keep the cows out like we do but the numbers game tells you that much possession in last 20 minutes of game more often then not that team will win

Well I have a lot of friends who support other teams and 95% of them agree the Broncs were the better team considerably in last year's GF. Last start it seemed fairly even in the last 20 and tonight we had obvious reasons for not being in the contest in the last 20... Yet we were.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
and to those saying oh its 2 - 2 its easy to beat them there just lucky when they win. do u not think maybe its just lucky that we have won those other 2 games instead?

i mean you ask any other nrl supporter who doesn't care about cows or broncs and neally all will say cowboys should win. simple fact is they dominate us in last 20 minutes every time we play them.

dont you guys want to be the one dominating them for a change in last 20 hammering there line over and over and over?

its something we really need to fix. and i dont even know how we do that with the roster the cows have and our lack of big forwards like there's

there's no doubt we are the better defending team and we show tremendous heart no other team would keep the cows out like we do but the numbers game tells you that much possession in last 20 minutes of game more often then not that team will win
I must've forgot, is the NRL a 20 minute game now?

And it's lucky that we won 2, but not lucky that they won 2? Right...

Tunza's Chin

Tunza's Chin

QCup Player
Apr 17, 2016
i dont mean this game of course. what about the last 3 games prior they have done this to us everytime? i think some of us are blinded and wont admit the cows simply do have another gear we are yet to reach. but we can improve so much and cowboys are at peak which is a positive

That's Green's strategy - Scott, JT, Tamou all play about 45 mins each. Going off together in the first half and on again in the second. It's obviously working for them, but it seems like the Cowboys have a habit of falling behind in big games, perhaps this is why. Scott, Tamou, and JT are able to give Thurston more attacking opportunities off there dominance in the back end of games playing shorter minutes. Because they tend to fall behind in big games, especially against us, I don't think it works if you don't have Thursto there making the right decision 99% of the time and converting a lot of those opportunities into points.

No doubt we can hold our head high in this game. In both games this season Cowboys have had way more opportunities, only to be denied. While the tries they have scored have seemed lucky. Our defence was excellent again.

I must admit out final quater of games is growing more and more concerning, and being able to close out a game is something you would think you could expect from a Bennet coached team. I can't see a reason that wouldn't be an area Bennett has spent time addressing with the spine regularly this season - I wonder why the lack of improvement. Any Bennett quotes acknowledging he's concerned by it?

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
No.

Cowboys 19
Broncos 18

Deal with it.

Mate, just my opinion, but there were definitely forward passes that went uncalled.

Even so Thurston is a absolute champion and he did what champions do and rose when his team needed him.

Not trying to take anything away from the Cowboys win, just something I think the NRL need to crack down on in general.

B

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2015
We have trouble containing Scott, Tamou and Taumalolo when they come on together in the final 20 minutes of the game. Fact. Happens every game between us.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Not to mention, we have not yet shown anywhere near as much in attack as last year and yet our biggest defeat this season is...2 points. We still have multiple gears to go up and are nowhere near our peak. I'm very comfortable where our team sits at present. The Storm last week and Broncs until the injuries tonight showed everyone that the Cows have a massive defensive flaw and that should scare Cowboys supporters far more than anything from the Broncs tonight.

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
All ass from the Cows. Coote had no business scoring that try, and Milf had an uncharacteristically bad game. That shank was the difference. Didn't he practice this week?

Kahu missed 2pts from right in front.

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015

there's no doubt we are the better defending team and we show tremendous heart no other team would keep the cows out like we do but the numbers game tells you with that much possession in last 20 minutes of a game more often then not that team will win

I agree. The injuries we suffered tonight sucked, but it's been the same story with or without injuries in recent encounters in the final quarter.

Taumalolo just annihilates us.

B

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2015
Overall I just thought it was another coin flip game that went their way this time. Last time it went our way. Nothing between the teams.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
That tends to happen when you're 3 times the size of every bloke on the field.

jd87

jd87

NRL Captain
Apr 4, 2014
I must've forgot, is the NRL a 20 minute game now?

And it's lucky that we won 2, but not lucky that they won 2? Right...

of of course not. i think ur missing the point im trying to make. there is a reason most so called experts tip cowboys to win.

if you cant just admit at the moment cows are the more complete side then i dont know how to make you see it. and yes that does not mean we cant win i mean clearly we were 1 tackle away from a premiership.

but u gotta admire the way the cows play and if the broncs can get to that level of just dominating teams pinning them down there end for last 20 minutes of games then with out defense we will be unbeatable.

its just a matter of us lifting that extra gear and not playing negative football when chips are down. ( and maybe 1 more big forward added to the roster )

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
It was goal kicking again.

The Cows had the rub of the green again. But that's football.

jd87

jd87

NRL Captain
Apr 4, 2014
That's Green's strategy - Scott, JT, Tamou all play about 45 mins each. Going off together in the first half and on again in the second. It's obviously working for them, but it seems like the Cowboys have a habit of falling behind in big games, perhaps this is why. Scott, Tamou, and JT are able to give Thurston more attacking opportunities off there dominance in the back end of games playing shorter minutes. Because they tend to fall behind in big games, especially against us, I don't think it works if you don't have Thursto there making the right decision 99% of the time and converting a lot of those opportunities into points.

No doubt we can hold our head high in this game. In both games this season Cowboys have had way more opportunities, only to be denied. While the tries they have scored have seemed lucky. Our defence was excellent again.

I must admit out final quater of games is growing more and more concerning, and being able to close out a game is something you would think you could expect from a Bennet coached team. I can't see a reason that wouldn't be an area Bennett has spent time addressing with the spine regularly this season - I wonder why the lack of improvement. Any Bennett quotes acknowledging he's concerned by it?

actually think your spot on with the reasoning also makes sence why they fall away in middle of games

Active Now

• Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Wendall Taylor
  • rj9
  • Morkel
  • Bucking Beads
  • IceWorks
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Alec
  • Harry Sack
  • Jazza
  • kman
  • sooticus
  • broncsgoat
  • Justwin
  • whykickamoocow
  • Dash
  • BroncosFan_Corey
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.