vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like Monday night games. So long to wait :-(.

I guess I only then have 1 more sleep until more football.

The eternal pessimist in me says that the reminants of our forward pack are going to get rolled tonight.
Hope you're wrong and I'm sure you'd be happy if you are ! I backed the Broncos tonight, straight out and have a few guys for first try scorer..McCullough and Glen. I think we can win and won't be surprised if we do. It's not a badly balanced side. Interested in seeing Whitchurch as I didn't catch any games he was in. He certainly didn't set the bhq on fire except for widespread condemnation , maybe its redemption time. Remnants or reminants ?

Luckily for us we aren't going up against a Roosters, Souths or Warriors pack. Because our decimated pack would get rolled.

If our pack hold their own tonight we are in with a good chance of winning.

Tonight gives our fringe forwards like Molo and Ofahengue a good chance to stake their claim for a bench spot gor the remainder of the year.

Tonight I foresee a Whitchurch hattrick and by hattrick I mean a knock on, forward pass and kick out on the full.

A kick out on the full would be quite an achievement considering he shouldn't be kicking. Hunt is good for one of those every couple of games or so, though.

He's been one of the better centres in the ISC which already makes him a better candidate than most.

The team would be a lot better with Kahu at fullback, Whitchurch centre, Maranta wing and Oates off the bench.
Yeah, I know what you're saying, and normally I would fully agree with you.
The thing is that Whitchurch's form doesn't translate to the NRL, or at least hasn't in the multiple chances he's had so far... how many more does he get?

Yeah, I know what you're saying, and normally I would fully agree with you.
The thing is that Whitchurch's form doesn't translate to the NRL, or at least hasn't in the multiple chances he's had so far... how many more does he get?

Whitchurch has never played an NRL game in the centres.

He should at least get one which is all I'm saying.

But he has made too many fundamental mistakes when he did play NRL, even if not in the centres.
Taking a risk with him again in a severely weakened team is probably not the best idea, and we all know Wayne is averse to risk taking unless he really has to.

But he has made too many fundamental mistakes when he did play NRL, even if not in the centres.
Taking a risk with him again in a severely weakened team is probably not the best idea, and we all know Wayne is averse to risk taking unless he really has to.

No more than any other rookie and they don't have the excuse of playing in a foreign position.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whitchurch has been very error prone in his NRL games and unlike Vidot has no experience or strong asset. As such, I find it kinda weird that he's the "safe pick" given he's really anything but. And particularly given he'll be playing on the bench that has Nikorima, I really don't know what the plan is.

Tipped the Knights as i think we might be a little short on experience in some key areas, but i'm always happy to be proved wrong.

Be great to win this one.

Maybe he'll push Oates into the forwards?

Up against BJ Leilua .... that could be an interesting experiment.

I'm thinking oates might still play off the bench in this one with whitchurch centre/wing with reed or kahu.

I'm tipping him to have a better game than boyce.

Offa will have at least 2 errors and blair will have a hand in setting up a try for Milford.

My predictions for this evening :)

I am willing to give Whitchurch one last chance. He must realize that he is on eggshells at this point. He must play disciplined, controlled football in the NRL before he can think about being flashy.

If he has the most errors of any player in the team come the end of the night, his NRL dreams are over. It's harsh but I'm sorry, this is a team that is on its way to a premiership with two of our best players staring at the twilight of their careers. We can't afford to be lenient with this stuff.

I would just so much like to have seen Oates play in the centres.

Yay! At last ... someone agrees with me! Pass the smelling salts hahaha.

In any case, I can't see why he isn't in the centres. Oates has good experience in the backs, is strong, fast and pretty good defensively. This is an important game for us, especially since the Cowboys won their match.

And yes, Oates could be our next Gene Miles. Just what the Broncos need.

It is quite possible Oates might play in the centres tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Pablo
  • Big Del
  • ostin86
  • johnny plath
  • Culhwch
  • Aldo
  • jarro65
  • Bucking Beads
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosarethebest
  • MrMoore
  • Nerd
  • Dazza 92
  • Turks85
  • Lurker
  • lynx000
  • Fitzy
  • Harry Sack
  • Lozza
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.