Mar 12, 2008
Brisbane Broncos 16 (Oates 2; Hunt 4/4 goals) defeated West Tigers 14

Discuss

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
Wish I could have those 2 hours back. Painful doesn't even begin to describe it.

Then the players celebrate as if they won a semi final after playing like that, awful.

Griffin, Reed and Hoffman at 6 have to go, say it every week but i'll keep saying it until it happens.

Marranta > Barba as well.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I don't want to talk about it..

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I'm really getting sick of this shit where I can't be happy about a win.

Barba was terrible. Lets just put that right out there. Hardly touched the ball and when he did, he probably fucked up somehow. He needs to be rested. Oates is a champion, as is Hunt. Without them, we get smashed.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Hunt was superb, can't even imagine how much pressure there is on him to perform each week with a complete retard as his other half.

Maranta was great too, other than that little knock on. I'd have him ahead of Reed in the pecking order.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Sounds like I didn't miss anything?

F1 Qualifying is on at Monaco - go Ricciardo!!

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Maranta is backing himself this season, big difference from last year, confidence and attitude are a good combination and IMO he has earnt his spot at present, shame when Hodges is back he will be dropped.

Last edited:
noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
hunt excellent
oates needs to play bigger mins. whys he sit on the bench for so long?
lowrie was outstanding i thought
maranta was excellent too

reed and hoffman are just passengers

barba non existent.

too much one out as usual

terrible game to watch.

defense was pretty good but they didnt throw much at us.

happy enough to get the 2 pts but another uninspiring win.

Last edited:
CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
Maranta was great too, other than that little knock on. I'd have him ahead of Reed in the pecking order.

This. We need to reward players in good form. That's how you build a culture of success.

B

Brad Miers

NYC Player
Feb 22, 2013
Awful. Not much to celebrate. St Brendan's 16 West Tigers 14.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Happy for Oates.

Terrified that we're going to scrape our way into the finals on the back of games like that and certain people will get keep their jobs.

J

jrocsixone

May 24, 2014
**** ben barba this guy is gunshy and a joke, I stil cant see why coach would put Hoffman at 6. Don't get me wrong I love joshy he is a great player, puts it on the line every second he plays and should be the
fullback. **** BEN BARBA, HE IS A BITCH

jd87

jd87

NRL Captain
Apr 4, 2014
these last 2 weeks ........ . its first time i can remember that i have been disapointed in winning a game. we didnt even look like a first grade side tonight

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
I just think that Griffin has not created a game plan in which Barba can be dangerous, I believe Barba is just playing the way he has been told to, not how he wants to.

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
We are a dreadful NRL team.

That is all.

jd87

jd87

NRL Captain
Apr 4, 2014
**** ben barba this guy is gunshy and a joke, I stil cant see why coach would put Hoffman at 6. Don't get me wrong I love joshy he is a great player, puts it on the line every second he plays and should be the
fullback. **** BEN BARBA, HE IS A BITCH

woah chillax he had a poor game yes but now ur sounding like a bulldogs fan....interesting

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
hunt excellent
oates needs to play bigger mins. whys he sit on the bench for so long?
lowrie was outstanding i thought
maranta was excellent too

reed and hoffman are just passengers

barba non existent.

too much one out as usual

terrible game to watch.

defense was pretty good but they didnt throw much at us.

happy enough to get the 2 pts but another uninspiring win.

Quite, and the one-out stuff is back with a vengeance. WTF is Hook thinking? I couldn't believe, and the runners were all standing so flat making them easy targets for minimal metres.

Hunt really needs help, like a real 5/8. Never more clear tonight. And the lack of any rhyme or reason to the play making.

Lost sheep

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Didn't read the live discussion thread but a fairly shit performance IMO. How they missed that shoulder charge in the Macca sandwich after looking at it about 5 times is beyond me. Looked like it connected with the head to me as well.

Ben Hunt. Loving the way he is playing right now. Not only is it satisfying as a Broncos fan, it's satisfying on a personal level. I work with a number of people who were saying (early season) he's shit and should be dropped while I maintained he should be persisted with because he'd shown glimpses, playing off the bench for the last 4yrs, let him settle etc etc. Enjoying watching them turn into fanboys.

Unread

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • ChewThePhatt
  • rnabokov
  • Brocko
  • something
  • Mustafur
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.