Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

1. Boyd - I've been pretty happy with his efforts the past couple of games. It's clear he's taken the criticism of him pretty seriously, but you need only watch the likes of RTS, Ponga and Tedesco to see just how far off the pace he is. I dearly hope he is giving retirement serious thought so we can poach Ponga. 5
2. Oates - It's been a quiet couple of games try scoring wise for Corey, but his runs out of our end are as good as ever. He also seems to have really cleaned up his efforts under the high ball. Now if only his wing partner could do the same. 6
3. Staggs - Always runs with plenty of vigor, very rarely if ever makes an error or gives away a cheap penalty and defends stoutly on his edge. He practically owns the number 3 now barring a massive fall in form. 6
4. Shibasaki - Sorry folks, I'm just not seeing it. Even a lazy Roberts generally offered more than this bloke. He seems to have solid defence but doesn't know how to find space and regularly spills the ball in poor errors. He reminds me a lot of Whitchurch to be honest. If I were coach he'd be out for Roberts in a fortnight. 4
5. Isaako - Call it lowered expectations after years of having shit goalkickers, I do love what he brings with his kicking boot, but FMD is he shaky under the high ball. He was very lucky the team were defending so well because the Warriors were bombing him like Dresden with great effect and if our defensive effort was off, they would have carved us off the back of it. He needs to get it right and fast. 5
6. Milford - Seems to be growing in confidence with every passing week. He has the ball on a string with his general play kicks at the moment, and is even finding his fleet footedness again to break the game open when the time came. We probably won't ever see 2015 Milf again, but that's because his role in the team structure has fundamentally changed. That doesn't make him any less valuable. 9
7. Dearden - I don't think I speak out of turn when I say his composure and discipline at such a young age with so few games is Lockyesque. He is gonna be some player. He has taken a mountain of pressure off Milf's back and allowed him to play the way he wants. He came up against the bloke he replaced and for mine won the duel comfortably. Needs to work on those long kicks but that will come with experience. 7
8. Lodge - Alongside Haas the best front row pairing in the comp on form. They're making 150+ metre efforts a regularity and laying a perfect platform for the spine to work and in the case of Dearden and Turpin, find their feet in first grade. Will almost certainly be wearing blue this year. 8
9. Turpin - The "lucky charm" continues to impress. Hits like an axe in defence despite being such a small bloke and provides golden service in the ruck. He is close to everything we have been missing in the Macca era. If he can get the silly penalties out of his game, he will be hard to unseat. If he is unseated by McC, it is a disgusting injustice and he might even start fielding strong offers from other clubs. 8
10 . Haas - He is some sort of freak. Has to have the highest ceiling of any young prop in a generation. He even makes the Peptide Sharks look soft in comparison. Averages 150+ metres a game with 30+ tackles and makes it look easy. I'll say it again, thank **** we have him locked up long term. 9
11. Glenn - Has lifted his game in a big way over the past few weeks. Perhaps he saw the young forwards coming up in the rear view mirror and chose to go out on his own terms. Either way he is proving to be an invaluable source of experience. Is still outplaying Gillett which is a credit to him. The question is for how long. 7
12. Gillett - I was happy to see him a bit closer to his best. Defended really well and found some room for some decent runs. It's well timed with his inevitable Origin call up next week. The neck seems to be holding up well even in heavy defensive affairs like that game. 6
13. TPJ - Has admittedly been pretty overshadowed by some of his fellow forwards for awhile. He still looks like he puts the fear of death in the defence every time he runs despite not killing them. Still if he wants big money he needs to find a way to try and get close to what he did to the Cows with some sort of regularity. 6

14. Segeyaro - It was somewhat more of a low key night out for Segs compared to his debut, but I put that down to the heavy grind nature of the game more than anything else. Delivered a nice pass to Milf for his try but little else to remark about. 6
15. Fifita - It's becoming hard to write a comment about him to be honest. Maybe he is being underutilized. I'm still waiting for that moment when he gets a beauty of a short pass from a half to barge over the line at speed. Right now all he seems to be doing is unremarkable hitups. 5
18. Carrigan - Apart from that one unfortunate error in our half, it was a solid bench performance. I'm not sure whether he provides more or less than Flegler, but for Wolfie's sake I'm happy to give him a chance to mature. Still think he should be starting 13 with TPJ coming on as impact. 6
17. Joe O - Still has a big problem with consistency. One minute he is delivering a superb bench prop performance a week after resigning, the next he's being comprehensively outplayed by a 10 game youth. Maybe just keeping the motor going is all we need from him, but from a player with his experience I would have expected more. 5

Last edited:
I hope dearden gets to do more long kicking. Even though a few of his kicks went straight to the wingers, he seemed to get the ball unexpectedly. But if he were to be given the duties full time he could get really good at it. His kicking action is identical to lockyers only right footed.

Agreed he scored the winning try but thought it was the team effort that won us the game overall. If that makes sense.
Definitely... it was the collective team defensive effort that won us the game, but I meant he won it in the literal sense that his try was the game winner.

Not fawning over the new baby like everyone else.

Dearden just not ticking the boxes for me yet. Steady in our loss (on debut) and in our wins. But maybe that Shane Perry steadiness is what we need atm.

Great win but Shibasaki cannot keep his place in front of Roberts. Siebold has made a stance and now after the bye Roberts needs to be back in the centres. Keep Isaako as he will turn but to leave Roberts out of our side is completely nuts.

No it's not nuts

Dropping a guy for not displaying the attitude the Coach wants and then putting him back in without a change of attitude..... that is the definition of nuts

Roberts NEEDS to be back in this team when he does what the Coach has asked of him

You and I don't know if that's happened yet

boy macca must be sweating like a pedo at a blue light concert, his career at red hill is (hopefully) over.

Love him as a player and appreciate his service but its evident his service from dummy does not compliment our forward pack, which in turn helps MIlf and Dearden.

See ya Macca, youll look great in the blue and gold.

**** me, that's incredibly poor taste

Accept it. He comes on, we score tries. Its a fact.

And even Haas got driven back on his first hitup a fair way, and he is a monster. Lodge dropped ball, Haas gave away dumb penalties. I could keep going on about players with errors, but luckily they didnt let their heads drop. You are talking rubbish if thats what you are judging him on.

Hey @Wolfie, I like your posts, nearly always quality contributions

So I just gotta ask, what is with the Patty C love?

I don't think there is anybody on here who wouldn't agree that he is a quality player with a huge future, but you're over the top mate

Comments like "He comes on, we score tries. Its a fact" are a bit tunnel visioned

I saw us score after Seggy came on, and the same last week so we could the same about him (and Seggy delivered the pass to Milf to score the only try)

Or we could say that when Turps starts, we win. Fact.

None of it helps, and none of it convinces anybody

We won the last 3 games because this team is coming to grips with the new coach's structure and plans, oh and they are acting like a TEAM too which helps

Anyway, love your passion for the club, and up up Broncos :)

The commentators came out with their usual spiel -'one for the purists'. I've decided I'm not a purist as despite winning I have no compulsion to re-watch this one.
[automerge]1558825899[/automerge]
Is our header up on the Warrior's site yet?

Last edited:

Dearden just not ticking the boxes for me yet. Steady in our loss (on debut) and in our wins. But maybe that Shane Perry steadiness is what we need atm.

Well he's an 18 year old with 4 games experience. Are you expecting him to be Keary/Reynolds level already?

He's slowly being introduced into the game, give him time and he'll come good. The few glimpes hes shown are great.

Jesus mate did you watch the game... Dearden was doing most of the kicking and there was a clear directive to give him more ball.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had more touches than Milf in that game

I thought that, but Milf kicking game has been the strongest part of his game this season.Would like to see it even out and him take most the long kicks

He’s coming along nicely so far. If you expected him to come out and play like Alf off the bat, that was never going to happen.

If he keeps going on that trajectory, that’ll let Milf play more of his natural game too.

Who is in charge of our defence? Because I fucking love them.

Seibold I thought
[automerge]1558830471[/automerge]
19 post contact metres from 13 runs. Not exactly what you want from a back. That was even less than the 21 from 12 runs for Isaako.

Average play the ball speed 4 seconds. Only player slower was Gillett 4.2 and Boyd (no surprise) 4.4.

An error, a penalty and basically never posing any threat with with the ball.

He's not making 100 errors a game or anything, but shit, he isn't a first grader.
[automerge]1558784458[/automerge]

previously I think Fox used them to save a bit of cash, now they aren't. Thank god. They were god awful.

He's a rookie, and in a position that has another rookie inside him . Isaako isn't doing anything in attack either. Maybe if we actually attacked more on the right he would have more opportunity to impress.
You're a broken record with your hate for certain players, hard to take you seriously

Last edited:
I always thought Milford got a bum rap at origjn. He got thrown in when QLD were trapped on our goal line against a rampant blues defence and just expected to do something then crucified when he couldn't. Then got knocked into next week by Oates' shoulder. He shouldn't have been chewed up and thrown away the way he was and if he gets picked and used properly I think he'll be an asset to the team.

But with my Broncos hat on **** I hope they don't pick him this year. We've had a hard enough start, now to lose our star half as well as possibly Oates, Gillett, Haas, Lodge, maybe Staggs as well as the players we've lost through injury would be a hard ask.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Xzei
  • Stinger
  • Broncos Maestro
  • davidp
  • Skyblues87
  • Strop
  • Midean
  • kiwi2
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • Stix
  • Tmac
  • Brissyfan
  • mitch222
  • Johnny92
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • NSW stables
  • jd87
  • Dash
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.