Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Watching the replay of the Milford forward pass.

I think that call was a blessing in disguise actually. Glenn promotes the ball and makes a double movement when trying to put it over the line so it would have been a penalty to the Warriors.

**** me...Haas with 185 metre tonight.....since metres gained have been recorded, no prop under the age of 19 has averaged more than 150 metres a game. Haas is averaging 175 metres a game..!!!!!!!! He is arguably the best young prop in the game this century......

well...until Fifita takes Glenns job that is...
Did you just quote the Broncos Weekly podcast? Pretty sure they said exactly the same thing word for word, minus the stats for tonight, in this weeks preview.

Did you just quote the Broncos Weekly podcast? Pretty sure they said exactly the same thing word for word, minus the stats for tonight, in this weeks preview.

...yes I did....listened last week...and that stat stuck in my mind all that time....looked at Haas's metres tonight and it popped right back into my mind...

Kudos to you Sir..

Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllll....................

We're the Broncos
The mighty Broncos
We keep fighting every second till the end

We're the Broncos
The greatest team on earth
We're the heart of all Queensland

Never stop
We never rest
On and on
We beat the best
Never giving up we bleed maroon and gold

For the league
We risk it all
Miles above
We're standing tall
We're the finest and the greatest club of all

We're the Broncos
The mighty Broncos
We keep fighting every second till the end

We breathe in our soul
The best game of all
We are the Broncos of Queensland

Hey!!

Reynolds hurt tonight....joins Keary as a casualty during round 11...all of a sudden NSW have injury problems as much as QLD does..

**** me...Haas with 185 metre tonight.....since metres gained have been recorded, no prop under the age of 19 has averaged more than 150 metres a game. Haas is averaging 175 metres a game..!!!!!!!! He is arguably the best young prop in the game this century......

well...until Fifita takes Glenns job that is...

Fox has him at 200+ for the 3rd week in a row.

The bloke is from another planet. We are not worthy.

Never thought it would be, but many disagreed. We saw this when he was out last year. Our defence actually improved.

Now everyone agrees. Not about feeling vindicated, its about how we would have been so much better with strike at rake in years gone while the pesky Storm and Rorters made GFs.

5 and 6 with the first win on the road of the season.

I actually thought the Broncos were unlucky to not establish an early lead. They were making easy yards through the middle and went very close to scoring on a number of occassions. Outside of Milford's poor kick that was easily marked in the in-goal, I thought the last tackle plays were well executed, they just didn't get the results they deserved. Tom Dearden put through a great grubber kick and Nikorima was just able to get a hand to it that looked suspiciously like a knock on and instead the Broncos found themselves penalised. Later on there was an instance where Milford put up a great bomb, but it happened to bounce past a lot of chasers and forced Gillett to basically put in a bomb without much of a chase. I thought those moments summed it up for the Broncos with the football in the first half.

Defensively the Broncos rarely looked fazed. Outside of their inability to diffuse kicks, the only time the Broncos defensive line looked troubled was when Pangai came rushing out of the line and failed to take anyone. Fortunately the cover was quite strong, Jake Turpin in particular came up with a try-saver early on that helped set a tone for the Broncos.

I thought the second half was more of the same from Brisbane. I thought they made good metres through the middle but couldn't quite penetrate the Warriors defence with only Staggs looking likely. Mid-way through it appeared that the Warriors had the better of it, then Matt Lodge came up with a huge run and won a penalty off the back of it. From that ensuing set, Milford pins the ears back and scores a signature try by isolating Ligi Sao close to the line. It's what I like to see from Milford and what makes him so dangerous for the Broncos.

The Broncos were entitled to go on with it, but couldn't quite establish any rhythm. I thought the passing game was clunky at times for the Broncos and the forwards did extremely well to take some tough passes. They made it more difficult than they should have, but it was good to see in the pressure situations, the Broncos handled it better than their opposition.

Tom Dearden used tonight's game to make a case on why he's a better option for Brisbane than Nikorima and I think he just got the biccies tonight. It's fair to say that Dearden has been something of a passenger so far for the Broncos and while he's performed well considering his age, he hasn't had to inject himself all that much. Tonight, I thought he made it a mission to get a lot of early plays in and I thought they were really solid. He was also only a whisker away from scoring his maiden try and it's only a matter of weeks before he'll cross. Watching him run, you can see where the JT comparisons come from, he loves to jink.

It was good to see Segeyaro show some leadership when Carrigan made that error.

He didn't complain about the call, didn't try to plead for a penalty or anything, he just straight away got into Carrigan's ear and started encouraging him making sure his head doesn't drop due to making such a big error.

3. Haas - The bloke is the Terminator, seriously. He just doesn't stop. It's like he's running a V12 supercharged engine.
2. Milford - Broke the game open with his try and had a couple of superb kicks
1. Turpin - His tackling technique around the legs was dropping the Warriors big men all night and his service was gold.

Agree 100%.
RTS and Kodi were one line break break away from winning it for them too. Kodi made the right choice, not a back up hooker, he's a fulltime half and likely match winner fo them every game. All the best to their season.

Great win but Shibasaki cannot keep his place in front of Roberts. Siebold has made a stance and now after the bye Roberts needs to be back in the centres. Keep Isaako as he will turn but to leave Roberts out of our side is completely nuts.
You must be joking. The last 2 wins have been built on EFFORT and DEFENCE by all 17 players, its the 2 things Roberts' has shown he has no interest in.
Shibasaki has made some errors but he takes the tough runs and he is one of the best young defensive centres I've seen. Defence, you know we have to do that to win games as well right?
Let Roberts sulk and bring his $ down in QLD cup until an injury or some losses together with weeks, or even months, of consistent effort. It's obvious shibasaki listens to what the coach wants, Roberts should give it a try sometime

Agree 100%.
RTS and Kodi were one line break break away from winning it for them too. Kodi made the right choice, not a back up hooker, he's a fulltime half and likely match winner fo them every game. All the best to their season.
It will be interesting to see how their season pans out. Kodi has a great running game, theres no doubt about that, but his passing and kicking game leave a lot to be desired. Good on him for getting $500k/season though. I personally don't think they made the right call though. They have two great young halves coming through and they would have developed well under Green, will they be able to come in to the first grade team with Kodi? makes it hard. Kodi doesn't have the leadership to help those younger players.

I still think he's a bench hooker to be honest.

Only thing I really noticed when he came on was he put us under a lot of pressure early on, one set coming out of our own end he got driven back 5 metres, then 3 tackles later made an error. Let's hope Flegler isn't out too long.

We missed Flegler, he just keeps on rolling in the same vein Lodge does. Carrigan is surplus atm.

5 and 6 with the first win on the road of the season.

I actually thought the Broncos were unlucky to not establish an early lead. They were making easy yards through the middle and went very close to scoring on a number of occassions. Outside of Milford's poor kick that was easily marked in the in-goal, I thought the last tackle plays were well executed, they just didn't get the results they deserved. Tom Dearden put through a great grubber kick and Nikorima was just able to get a hand to it that looked suspiciously like a knock on and instead the Broncos found themselves penalised. Later on there was an instance where Milford put up a great bomb, but it happened to bounce past a lot of chasers and forced Gillett to basically put in a bomb without much of a chase. I thought those moments summed it up for the Broncos with the football in the first half.

Defensively the Broncos rarely looked fazed. Outside of their inability to diffuse kicks, the only time the Broncos defensive line looked troubled was when Pangai came rushing out of the line and failed to take anyone. Fortunately the cover was quite strong, Jake Turpin in particular came up with a try-saver early on that helped set a tone for the Broncos.

I thought the second half was more of the same from Brisbane. I thought they made good metres through the middle but couldn't quite penetrate the Warriors defence with only Staggs looking likely. Mid-way through it appeared that the Warriors had the better of it, then Matt Lodge came up with a huge run and won a penalty off the back of it. From that ensuing set, Milford pins the ears back and scores a signature try by isolating Ligi Sao close to the line. It's what I like to see from Milford and what makes him so dangerous for the Broncos.

The Broncos were entitled to go on with it, but couldn't quite establish any rhythm. I thought the passing game was clunky at times for the Broncos and the forwards did extremely well to take some tough passes. They made it more difficult than they should have, but it was good to see in the pressure situations, the Broncos handled it better than their opposition.

Tom Dearden used tonight's game to make a case on why he's a better option for Brisbane than Nikorima and I think he just got the biccies tonight. It's fair to say that Dearden has been something of a passenger so far for the Broncos and while he's performed well considering his age, he hasn't had to inject himself all that much. Tonight, I thought he made it a mission to get a lot of early plays in and I thought they were really solid. He was also only a whisker away from scoring his maiden try and it's only a matter of weeks before he'll cross. Watching him run, you can see where the JT comparisons come from, he loves to jink.
That was a great run from Dearden where he nearly scored

if the Sharks lose by 6 points or more we are in the 8 ... and i have tipped them, so there is a good chance that will happen

Every team that has lost to the Knights has won the following week and the Dragons lost to the Knights last week.

if the Sharks lose by 6 points or more we are in the 8 ... and i have tipped them, so there is a good chance that will happen
My only complaint from the game is that we only needed two more points to go ahead of eels and then we would be in the 8 no matter what

Active Now

• Big Del
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • LittleDavey
  • winslow_wong
  • Wolfie
  • bert_lifts
  • Santa
  • Thelmus
  • MrRobot
  • FACTHUNT
  • Rambstien
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mustafur
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Morkel
  • Alec
  • NSW stables
  • johnny plath
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.