PRE-GAME [Round 12, 2022] Broncos vs Titans

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Isaako has had a dig at the Broncos and Kevvie, saying he was "wiped" after signing with the Dolphins and wasn't improving under the clubs coaching staff

Isaako says

“I felt like he did (wipe me) a little bit,” Isaako said.

“I signed with a rival club. I don’t know whether that made him happy or not. At the end of the day, I was trying to do what’s best for me and my family.

“My manager (Jim Banaghan) and I had asked the club whether or not there was a position for me there for the future. From what I got told, they weren’t too sure.

“I had to make a decision what was best for my family and I, and I came to that.”

“I just didn’t feel like I was getting anything from any of the coaching staff there,” he said.

“I was just turning up to training every day (and not improving).

“There were players they were wanting to keep and I obviously wasn’t one of those. I had to explore my options elsewhere.

“At the time, I wanted to be somewhere where I was going to be coached properly and get the advice I needed as a player. Coming off the back of a tough and gruelling pre-season, I thought I wasn’t getting that.

“There were a couple of players they wanted to keep and being an older head in the team, I knew my time was up there.

“I thought it was a great opportunity to come to the Titans. I’m getting everything I need from Justin (Holbrook) and the coaching staff.

“I’m just looking to play some good footy for these blokes and finish the year on a high.”

Kevvie Responds:

“I’m a bit sad and disappointed if Jamayne feels that way, but it was never my intention to make Jamayne feel that way,” Walters said.

“Jamayne came to us seeking a release. We didn’t want to stand in his way.

“When a player comes and asks you for a release, it’s always difficult to convince them to stay. We didn’t force Jamayne out, we were happy for him to stay, but he came to us wanting a change.

“I’m not the type of person to hold grudges. Jamayne will always be a Bronco, he has his club number, he played some great footy here and we will always appreciate what he did for the Broncos.

“But it’s the nature of footy in this day and age that players may look for opportunities elsewhere and we weren’t going to stand in his way.

“I wish him all the best and I hope he plays well for the Titans before his move to the Dolphins.”

Isaako again

“It’s been a rollercoaster of a year,” Isaako said.

“It has been pretty frustrating being in and out of the team. I’ve been trying to put my best foot forward to get some wins for the boys and put ourselves in a better position.

“I just want to play some good, consistent footy. Now I’m back on the wing and the spine is back together that has been training all pre-season...I’m hoping to play consistently.”

And he can’t wait to face off against his former Broncos teammates.

“I’m looking forward to coming up against some old mates. They are going really well,” he said.

“I was there from 2015 and I will always have a soft spot for the Broncos.

“I made my debut there and they’ve done a lot for my family and I. I moved over here on my own. They housed me and looked after me.

“At the same time, most players are starting to realise it’s all business. Sometimes you’ve got to do what’s best for yourself.”
Isaako whinging like a little bitch... maybe the coach couldn't give two shits about you after you tried to move to tigers and then started sulking after completely shitting the bed when given an opportunity at fullback.... nah nah nah it's everyone else's fault

Meh, this is just a bit of a beat up for what hopefully is a nothing game, because the Broncos are a far better team.

“I had to make a decision what was best for my family and I, and I came to that.”
What should be talked about is Isaako's poor grammar in this sentence. If we break this sentence into parts we can see that it should be "...best for my family" and "...best for me" not "...best for I".

Don't these kids learn anything at school these days!?

Is it just me or has there been a huge upsurge in pundits bagging out Fifita and his lazy attitude. They've even gone as far as to say he should not be even considered for origin.

Heaven help the team that plays against the Titans next.....oh wait.... it's us! Oh what a surprise I would never have suspected that.:happy:
Still don’t know in what universe you’d pay a million for a backrower. It’s stupidity

Two points from me about this storm in a teacup:

1. Really, really impressed with how well KW handled all of that, absolute kudos to him for how he played it.

2. I really do not get why these players do not understand that as much as possible you never burn your bridges. Joe O was given news he did not want to hear and took up the position at the Tigers as a consequence (I am pretty sure he did not want to leave) but he has been nothing but class the way in which he has spoken about the club, at least in public. Same thing with Reynolds, he would have been bitterly disappointed to be forced out of Souths, and if truth be told, totally disrespected by that club, but once again he has been nothing but class all the way.

The one that infuriated me the most was Jack Bird. I think it reflects more on their character than anything negative on the club.

I have to ask Jamayne…….if we coach a FB to always ensure you do the 1%s when following a kick through. Like making sure you make the ball dead or if not you shield the ball from opposition players running through until such times as it runs dead. If we can’t coach you to do these simple 1%s how long do you realistically expect us to persevere with you?

Mate I thought you showed great potential and I was so looking forward to seeing more of those tries like you scored against the Roosters. But we waited and waited and they just never came. Even your kicking began to fall apart.

Now we coached you to that initial standard and then you started to go downhill.

We gave you time at FB but you proved without a doubt that even the basics were too much for you.

Lets face it your ceiling has been reached. You’re an average winger with a better than average goal kicking percentage. Once you reached your ceiling no amount of coaching was going to take you past that.

Thanks for some great memories Jamayne. Don’t tarnish them with some revisionist bullshit whinging. It makes it hard for us to think of you fondly as an ex Bronco.
To be fair 'we' didn't do anything for jamayne.. the coaching staff at the broncos probably did

So get this: first thing Saturday morning after the Titans game, instead of having a snooze, a tug and a spot of brunch, the poor bastards have to pimp themselves at a bunch of far flung suburban car dealers.

Fifita back to full contact training.........might as well lock him in

Unread

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • Johnny92
  • Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Porthoz
  • Galah
  • MrRobot
  • Footy Fanatic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.