Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Contextually it’s an improvement. People are just happy to see the effort being put in, which compared to the Tigers game, is clear that it’s beginning to happen.

Of course we’re not happy that it’s the best we are getting, but effort should result in defence = winning or close to it which is giving people a little bit of encouragement and hope

Its dangerous talk to even consider any of it an improvement in reality. Thats how you stay mediocre. We collapse under pressure week in, week out. We need to get that fixed up. That and sack the fraud of a coach we have.

Its dangerous talk to even consider any of it an improvement in reality. Thats how you stay mediocre. We collapse under pressure week in, week out. We need to get that fixed up. That and sack the fraud of a coach we have.
It’s already started.

But if you keep beating yourself up about not achieving perfection, it hurts you more in the long run than going, "look we only let in 36, but scored 26 ourselves, that is now the minimum accepted performance" and build from a low bar, than going "damn you guys really screwed the pooch again, when are you going to F%^&ing learn to close out a game". Start on small wins and make them the standard, next week those small wins are going to build, till we are back to being the powerhouse we should be.

But if you keep beating yourself up about not achieving perfection, it hurts you more in the long run than going, "look we only let in 36, but scored 26 ourselves, that is now the minimum accepted performance" and build from a low bar, than going "damn you guys really screwed the pooch again, when are you going to F%^&ing learn to close out a game". Start on small wins and make them the standard, next week those small wins are going to build, till we are back to being the powerhouse we should be.
Yeah I agree with this. We accept mediocrity at the moment because we are well below mediocre. To get back to where we need to be we need to set attainable and celebrate and build on achievable areas of improvement. As you build confidence you start raising the bar until mediocre is no longer good enough.

Though we should probably sack the useless coach too.

Its not about being perfect, its about standards. We conceded 36 points against a weakened side. There isnt a positive in that. Lift the standards, and it will lift the performances because you will end up finding out who cant raise their games. You become a good side by not trying to look for positives in lame defeats. Thats what some people are doing and it shouldn't be tolerated.

If you want to look for small things to build on, you start with putting in for 80 mins. Until we can do that, we havent got a chance, and i dont think we have done it all year.
[automerge]1596353262[/automerge]
Yeah I agree with this. We accept mediocrity at the moment because we are well below mediocre. To get back to where we need to be we need to set attainable and celebrate and build on achievable areas of improvement. As you build confidence you start raising the bar until mediocre is no longer good enough.

Though we should probably sack the useless coach too.

The bar shouldnt have been lowered in the first place.

Last edited:
Its not about being perfect, its about standards. We conceded 36 points against a weakened side. There isnt a positive in that. Lift the standards, and it will lift the performances because you will end up finding out who cant raise their games. You become a good side by not trying to look for positives in lame defeats. Thats what some people are doing and it shouldn't be tolerated.

If you want to look for small things to build on, you start with putting in for 80 mins. Until we can do that, we havent got a chance, and i dont think we have done it all year.

100% but unfortunately that’s where we are now at.

Not sure if it is just me but I couldn’t see Fifita at the game or in the sheds? Is that the case?

That is correct, we should never have been in this position, but we are, and the way out is to build incrementally over the next 8 weeks, Early back after the break for skills and drills, and then hit preseason fitness with a vengeance. The talk of scarring younger players is if they are made to think that they have to be high functioning from game 1. Allow them to make mistakes, but teach them not to make the same mistake again, Get their focus on building each and every time they cross that white line, training, game day, corporate function, everything is get better or GTFO. Lets give them time to build into the end of the season and after ever good performance we put a line under it and say we accept nothing less than this, AND MEAN IT! Lets allow these younger players to learn in a supportive environment isolated from the media, but held accountable if they do not improve.

That is correct, we should never have been in this position, but we are, and the way out is to build incrementally over the next 8 weeks, Early back after the break for skills and drills, and then hit preseason fitness with a vengeance. The talk of scarring younger players is if they are made to think that they have to be high functioning from game 1. Allow them to make mistakes, but teach them not to make the same mistake again, Get their focus on building each and every time they cross that white line, training, game day, corporate function, everything is get better or GTFO. Lets give them time to build into the end of the season and after ever good performance we put a line under it and say we accept nothing less than this, AND MEAN IT! Lets allow these younger players to learn in a supportive environment isolated from the media, but held accountable if they do not improve.

They will get scarred from having their confidence destroyed by playing under this idiot we call a coach. What you say is good in theory, but they don't have anyone to learn from. We are short on leaders and we are short on the tough, experienced footy players who can show these young blokes the way, and the ones we have like Teo and Luke have probably come in too late.

I've been saying it since we started this whole stupid idea of playing so many young players. A smart coach integrates them into the team and knows when to give them a break, he doesnt throw them in all at once and leave them there.

Like i said though, what we need to do is just compete for 80 mins because until we can do that we have no chance of winning a game of footy.

They will get scarred from having their confidence destroyed by playing under this idiot we call a coach. What you say is good in theory, but they don't have anyone to learn from. We are short on leaders and we are short on the tough, experienced footy players who can show these young blokes the way, and the ones we have like Teo and Luke have probably come in too late.

I've been saying it since we started this whole stupid idea of playing so many young players. A smart coach integrates them into the team and knows when to give them a break, he doesnt throw them in all at once and leave them there.

Like i said though, what we need to do is just compete for 80 mins because until we can do that we have no chance of winning a game of footy.
Did you see your mate Tolman today? He butchered squaring up the game 10m out in front. Thought he was Alfie Langer and took a quick tap.

Did you see your mate Tolman today? He butchered squaring up the game 10m out in front. Thought he was Alfie Langer and took a quick tap.

I don't think Wolfie is as much a fan of Tolman, as much as he doesn't rate some of our forwards and would bring a player like him in. 68 minutes, 20 runs, 45 tackles, yeah, the Broncos could have used some of that the other night.

Tale of the tape

Broncos Bench
Issac Luke - 20 minutes
Rhys Kennedy - 21 minutes
Ethan Bullemor - 10 minutes
Ben Te'o - 21 minutes

Cronulla Sharks Bench
Connor Tracey - 20 minutes
Toby Rudolf - 41 minutes
Royce Hunt - 39 minutes
Teig Wilton - 28 minutes

No wonder the Broncos ran out of puff.

I don't think Wolfie is as much a fan of Tolman, as much as he doesn't rate some of our forwards and would bring a player like him in. 68 minutes, 20 runs, 45 tackles, yeah, the Broncos could have used some of that the other night.

Tale of the tape

Broncos Bench
Issac Luke - 20 minutes
Ben Te'o - 21 minutes

Cronulla Sharks Bench
Toby Rudolf - 41 minutes
Royce Hunt - 39 minutes
Teig Wilton - 28 minutes

Rudolf, Hunt & Talakai have single-handedly won them about 4 games this year through sheer bench impact. That's the one area that the Sharks have got right, their bench is young, strong and extremely hungry for work.

It was a bit of a brain explosion, but he was fine apart from that. Solid in defence, didnt miss many tackles, did his job well. We could do with somebody like him who does plenty of the grunt work.. Smart people who know about the game of rugby league like myself can clearly see its that type of player we are missing at Brisbane. Somebody who just competes. Silly little kids just cant see it.

Tale of the tape

Broncos Bench
Issac Luke - 20 minutes
Ben Te'o - 21 minutes

Cronulla Sharks Bench
Toby Rudolf - 41 minutes
Royce Hunt - 39 minutes
Teig Wilton - 28 minutes

I rate a lot of our forwards BP. Carrigan, Haas, Bullemor, Flegler, TPJ and Lodge, they have a lot of upside. I feel personally we need a reliable workhorse prop who has a bit of know how and like i mentioned before, can do the grunt work and keep turning up. Tolman is the only off contract prop i can see that would fit the bill for us.

I do wonder at times if our bench rotation is more down to how the coach deploys it rather than the players not being good enough.

It was a bit of a brain explosion, but he was fine apart from that. Solid in defence, didnt miss many tackles, did his job well. We could do with somebody like him who does plenty of the grunt work.. Smart people who know about the game of rugby league like myself can clearly see its that type of player we are missing at Brisbane. Somebody who just competes. Silly little kids just cant see it.
Hahahaha so defensive. Wowee talk about chucking your toys out of the cot. “Smart people like me“ your arrogance is truely shown what loser calls themselves smart. Again with the kids comments mate leave it alone.

Why thankyou Wolfie😍

I rate a lot of our forwards BP. Carrigan, Haas, Bullemor, Flegler, TPJ and Lodge, they have a lot of upside. I feel personally we need a reliable workhorse prop who has a bit of know how and like i mentioned before, can do the grunt work and keep turning up. Tolman is the only off contract prop i can see that would fit the bill for us.

I do wonder at times if our bench rotation is more down to how the coach deploys it rather than the players not being good enough.
Funny thing is I actually agree with you on everything bar TOLMAN

Hahahaha so defensive. Wowee talk about chucking your toys out of the cot. “Smart people like me“ your arrogance is truely shown what loser calls themselves smart. Again with the kids comments mate leave it alone.
Um who are you?

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • mrslong
  • Sproj
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • BruiserMk1
  • Skyblues87
  • Big Del
  • Santa
  • Hoof Hearted
  • broncs30
  • Redux
  • Brocko
  • winslow_wong
  • Justwin
  • Maroon4life
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jedhead
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.