Round 12 - Broncos vs West Tigers

Status
Not open for further replies.
rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
It's hard to go forward when we try and spread it wide early on every set.

Problem is spreading it wide to who and with what structures and shape? There is none. It's just catch and pass. Milf and Hunt are going backwards.

As others observe, no aggression, support play, one-out running. ISC level shit

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Is hard to throw in so many young blokes in the forwards without somebody to help them out.

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
Thats not Hunts fault, but his poor last tackle kicking options are down to him. It blokes like him, Milf, Blair and Roberts who need to step up and lead this side today. I don't see how we can bring Macca off personallay to give Nikorima some game time, we need him out there.

We keep coming back to this but Hunt is limited to kicking for distance when we let the other team make so many easy metres and barely make it out of our 40. We need McCullough to try for 40/20.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Is Milford injured ?

He looks very tentative out there and that heavy strapping on his arm doesn't look promising.

We need our halves to run the ball more and have Roberts back them up .... rnabokov said it all along.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Refs have been disgusting tonight. Did they blow half time early because Tigers were already leaving the field?

It's the refs watch that is used for when it's halftime not the siren.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Seems like Milford saved his best this year for revenge against the Cowboys which he got earlier in the year. Now he's out of puff

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Hunt needs to learn how to kick for field position on the 5th. Killing us with his shitty bombs.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
We are getting slaughtered up the middle and it's Hunts fault? Hunt has been playing pretty well considering.

Sorry, Hunt is doing nothing for mine but then he has no shape or structure to work with. Milford is absolutely no help at all and any comparison with Morgan is simply off the planet. Milford is so hot and cold he has years to go to justify the wraps on him. Clearly we have nothing in the middle to give direction and no momentum

gordjw

gordjw

NRL Player
Jun 29, 2013
We've got the forward pack, but they're off at Origin.

The senior forwards lay the platform for the rookies, and then the halves get involved. If you're missing the seniors, the rest is going to be hard work.

Seriously, I know the Tigers haven't been travelling too well, but they're a full strength NRL team, and we're missing our best forwards, what'd you expect?

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
While I can understand some of the criticism of the kicking game from Milford and Hunt, at times it's also been victim of our inability to even get out of our own half or even worse camped deep on the 5th something we need to resolve at halftime.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

The senior forwards lay the platform for the rookies, and then the halves get involved. If you're missing the seniors, the rest is going to be hard work.

Seriously, I know the Tigers haven't been travelling too well, but they're a full strength NRL team, and we're missing our best forwards, what'd you expect?

I expect our class spine to show some fucking leadership, spark, energy, direction, amd our forwards to at least play with the enthusiasm and energy that befits the Broncos jersey

Last edited:
Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
We keep coming back to this but Hunt is limited to kicking for distance when we let the other team make so many easy metres and barely make it out of our 40. We need McCullough to try for 40/20.

But his kick selections are poor consistently. Don't disagree with what you are saying about tonight, but his kicking is ordinary even when we are on top. Like I said before, he has to step up his game tonight along with our other senior players. They have the ability to do it.

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013

Tigers are missing half their spine - Tedesco and Farah, and their best Front Rower in Woods.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
I am not missing Gus are all, though some of the fuckwits on Fox make me think about switching channels.

You don't wanna do that. gus, Joey, and Fittler are all creaming themselves over the tigers. It's actually really, really painful to listen to.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
**** me this is terrible. Yes I know we're missing the core of our pack, so go forward is going to be limited, but it's the mother-loving TIGERS. Mind you. this is also the best they've played this year. And we're getting penalised out of it - what is it, 3-7 at half time?? **** off chicken-legs Cecchin.

Having said that. Wallace, JOffa, and Sua have all played 40 mins, as has Glenn and Macca. I expect Macca to shift to lock for Kodi to come on maybe 10 mins into the 2nd half?

Disappointed with our halves. They would (SHOULD) have expected to be working with less-than-stellar field position tonight, and for mine have been ordinary. Not for lack of trying, Tigers are also shutting them down well, but **** me. I expect more from a supposed premiership-quality team with spine basically intact.

Positives: Eden has been ok, no dropsy yet. Sua has been excellent, as has Arrow since he's been on. I expect us to lift in the second half when Kodi comes on, but we've given them too much of a sniff. Not good.

Is Milf injured? Have something in his personal life going on? Second-year syndrome??? He's not looked particularly happy the last 2 or 3 weeks now. It's a concern IMO, if we are to play near our best we need him firing on most cylinders. He's stuck in fucking first atm.

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
Problem is spreading it wide to who and with what structures and shape? There is none. It's just catch and pass. Milf and Hunt are going backwards.

As others observe, no aggression, support play, one-out running. ISC level shit

yeah... we need to go back to basics. If we roll it up the middle and deliver some sensible kicks we'll put 30 on them.

also... why the **** are we now directing our attack down the right side? We've hardly gone to Roberts all year. Is it because Oates is out and we can't count on Reed to not **** up?

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
This is shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• kwomo
  • Wolfie
  • Organix
  • Brocko
  • ezpz
  • Redux
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Xzei
  • Waynesaurus
  • Fozz
  • Cavalo
  • bb_gun
  • Santa
  • Socnorb
  • Lostboy
  • davidp
  • Mr Fourex
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.