Round 12 Discussion (Indigenous Round)

Posted on NZWarriors user: jonesy101

Posted on behalf of BroncosHQ.com user: Morkel

A lot of us not only believe it to be a "thing", but have discussed the logistics.

A couple of years back they were going to introduce an NFL-style virtual 10-metre line on the broadcast, it was spruiked all off-season, then when the comp started... nothing. No word as to why. One reason, which is bad enough, is that the NRL know the refs are too incompetent to get the 10 accurate. The more sinister answer is that the distance of the defensive line is one tool to manipulate momentum.

The 6-agains are another, removing one ref is one too.

The biggest for me though was the video ref. It kind of got accidentally confirmed that the video ref is communicating and instructing the on-field ref(s) continuously. The logistics of match manipulation would be quite hard with multiple refs and officials having to be "in" on it. But the revelation that the video ref is silently and effectively anonymously instructing the on-field officials means just one lacky can do it all by themselves, and we'll never be able to hear their direction unless it accidentally gets broadcast like they occasionally do. We're talking instructing the refs to shorten/lengthen the 10 (claiming the defence is creeping), that the "momentum is changing" so that they scrutinise ruck infringements more for one team, as well as instructing the refs to focus on certain players more closely as they are more likely to infringe (a self-fulfilling prophecy, as inevitably all players get a little loose, but only some get pinged). Which leads to grubby players like JWH getting a free run as opposed to another player for a non-darling team earning a rep as a dirty player, being over-scrutinised, and penalised and eventually suspended with compounding carry-overs and loading. It happened to Blair when he was killing it for us (and it neutered him), and with TPJ for the last couple of years.
So we seriously have someone from the bunker passing on instructions like "we need more cowbell"?

Did anyone see On NRL 360 tonight Kenty justify his incoherent rant against Clint Newton by saying he didn't want to be talked to like a child, then proceed to scream like a child over anyone that tried to clarify the RLPAs position? I cant see that golf club Ikin passes around lasting the season.

Kent has 0 credibility. Fox would be so much the better for removing him and Hooper, get some good journalists on there and at least ones even like Rothfield who while not always right, don't scream and shout down everyone else.

Hooper's Keyboard Warriahs was absolutely unprofessional and potentially alienating, pathetic but then, him and Kent are experts at trash.

Posted on NZWarriors user: Wrighty

Did anyone see on NRL 360 tonight Kenty justify his incoherent rant against Clint Newton by saying he didn't want to be talked to like a child, then proceed to scream like a child over anyone that tried to clarify the RLPAs position? I cant see that golf club Ikin passes around lasting the season.
Hasn't Paul Kent fallen out with 3 or 4 people in league that he isn't talking to any more?

I’d like to see Lara hosting 360, she is respectful, knows and lives footy, and is a decent journalist.
+1. She's also not a suck arse. She'll call games shit when they are.

Kent has 0 credibility. Fox would be so much the better for removing him and Hooper, get some good journalists on there and at least ones even like Rothfield who while not always right, don't scream and shout down everyone else.

Hooper's Keyboard Warriahs was absolutely unprofessional and potentially alienating, pathetic but then, him and Kent are experts at trash.

here's the flaw in your argument

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: Captain Moondog

Did anyone see On NRL 360 tonight Kenty justify his incoherent rant against Clint Newton by saying he didn't want to be talked to like a child, then proceed to scream like a child over anyone that tried to clarify the RLPAs position? I cant see that golf club Ikin passes around lasting the season.
It's all so obviously contrived. Can't stand the bloke.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Jazza
  • Aldo
  • Broncosgirl
  • The True King
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mr Fourex
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Alec
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.