Round 12 Discussion (Indigenous Round)

Des didn't miss in his presser 😁

If Robinson didn't get penalised for calling the officials incompetent, then surely nothing happens to Des for calling them inconsistent.

lol at the one reporter (Des, called him Jake) constantly trying to defend the NRL and refs

also lol at NRL.com for saying the Des press conference was an "Outburst"
CaptureNRL

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: The Who

Posted on behalf of NZWarriors user: Dixpat

You may write in jest Wrighty but your comments here border on/if not are libellous and could cause the website some grief!
A 9-nil penalty count means the ref was only interested in one thing: the outcome of the match.

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: SeaEagleRock8

Posted on behalf of BroncosHQ.com user: lynx000

Manly have been absolutely shafted by the ref in this game (in my view).
That was my view too.
With a more even share of possession we would have won, even though we have pretty much run out of forwards.

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: HoldenV8

Posted on behalf of BroncosHQ.com user: Morkel

With that tin foil hat you'd fit in quite well here. The NRL loves to ride home a "fairytale" bit I think if they were with the Knights, it would have started in Round 1.

The Panthers agenda is obvious - in a comp where the successful teams just waif for the best players and poach them, the NRL need to make sure clubs keep developing the talent. There is not a game they play where the commentators don't gush about them coming through as juniors and being a tight group. Watch them play and they are constantly off-side in defence and the opposition are being dragged back 12-13 metres for their "10 metre" defensive line, they are being carried hard.

You just described South Sydney a-la 2014. And like Souffs after they won the premiership, Penrith players after (if) they win a GF themselves will start to find the things they were once allowed to get away with, will suddenly get penalised.

Posted on NZWarriors user: Mr Dragon

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: Dan

I blame this cross forum chat, how else do you explain the 3 for zero this weekend
It's the Bermuda Triangle up in this mother fucker 🤣

Nrl version 2021 is like fifa's version of soccer for the ps4. Unrealistically fast, fun at first but quickly becomes boring, and you just know there's a program running in the background that makes it harder/easier depending on what the score is.

Posted on NZWarriors user: Mr Dragon

Just look at the first try the warriors score, Aiken gets a arm right against his head and no 10 minutes and not even a warning. So how am i post to take these refs seriously. Just have a look on the highlights and tell me no one saw it.

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: globaleagle

Posted on behalf of BroncosHQ.com user: scobie

Nrl version 2021 is like fifa's version of soccer for the ps4. Unrealistically fast, fun at first but quickly becomes boring, and you just know there's a program running in the background that makes it harder/easier depending on what the score is.

very well put!

If Robinson didn't get penalised for calling the officials incompetent, then surely nothing happens to Des for calling them inconsistent.
Robinson did get fined

Sydney Roosters coach Trent Robinson has been fined $10,000 by the NRL for labelling the bunker “incompetent”.

Posted on NZWarriors user: Warrior482

Going thru some match highlights this morning and theres more of the bloody penalty and bin highlights than footy

You don't even need to reference FIFA in that regard. Everything you just described fits in perfectly well with the Rugby League Live games. If you find a way to play competitively, the AI just cracks the shits and forces you to concede points, or every game just settles into a very low scoring grind where the AI side will inevitably slot a field goal to win that was never going to miss.

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: Mark from Brisbane

Honestly you could probably find fault in almost every single tackle, but it’s the subjective nature of this crack down that’s irritating.

As footy fans ( all clubs ) we can see dozens of occasions where a penalty could of applied ( and wasn’t ) and then you get this subjective bullshit where one side gets penalised out of a game whilst the other side ( for 79.45 of an 80.00 game ) are absolutely perfect.

I call absolute and utter bullshit on that.

Robinson did get fined

Sydney Roosters coach Trent Robinson has been fined $10,000 by the NRL for labelling the bunker “incompetent”.

a suspended fine isn't a penalty ... it's barely a slap on the wrist

Posted on NZWarriors user: Sup42

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: SeaEagleRock8

That was my view too.
With a more even share of possession we would have won, even though we have pretty much run out of forwards.
What is abundantly clear to anyone with eyes, is that the Officials were scrutinizing one team at Manly's cost.

We should all be concerned when this happens because it happens all too often to clubs, some more so than others.

I saw the same thing when Manly played Penrith, two different levels of tolerance for infringements.

But to be fair Manly could afford to drop that game, whereas last nights game was a very bankable two points in what (if you look at Manly s run) should have been a clear path at a top four spot.

We all know how valuable a top four position is from here in out for the season, it builds massive confidence in the years campaign.

All that aside, I bet a lot of fair minded Newcastle fans are thinking they got away with one. They won't be confident about how they go next week without the Refs influence on the game....

I know which teams fortunes I would prefer from here, and it ain't the embattled Knights.

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: Mark from Brisbane

Posted on NZWarriors user: Sup42

What is abundantly clear to anyone with eyes, is that the Officials were scrutinizing one team at Manly's cost.

We should all be concerned when this happens because it happens all too often to clubs, some more so than others.

I saw the same thing when Manly played Penrith, two different levels of tolerance for infringements.

But to be fair Manly could afford to drop that game, whereas last nights game was a very bankable two points in what (if you look at Manly s run) should have been a clear path at a top four spot.

We all know how valuable a top four position is from here in out for the season, it builds massive confidence in the years campaign.

All that aside, I bet a lot of fair minded Newcastle fans are thinking they got away with one. They won't be confident about how they go next week without the Refs influence on the game....

I know which teams fortunes I would prefer from here, and it ain't the embattled Knights.
Very pleased it wasn’t just my one eyed view of this either.

Although if you watched the game ( you as in the collective you) it would be hard to see that it wasn’t very very biased.

The crackdown I get !!

The fact that some of our players deserved to be penalised I get!!

But come on, the other team are perfect angels.

Yeah, and Elvis is still singing in some little pub somewhere in Tennessee but no one knows too.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Skathen
  • Fitzy
  • Redux
  • RolledOates
  • FACTHUNT
  • Xzei
  • Brotherdu
  • Sproj
  • Mustafur
  • Justwin
  • Thelmus
  • bazza
  • Broncosgirl
  • Ondi
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • BooKhaki
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.