Round 12 Discussion

What a bludger of a game; I had to switch it off.

Robbie Farrah must be the worst signing of the season and I take pleasure in all the Souffs fans thinking he'd be their saviour for '17.
I thought I'd have a look at the Reds. What an atrocious football team.

Holy shit, Bob Katter on the Professors show, it's a train wreck

What a bludger of a game; I had to switch it off.

Robbie Farrah must be the worst signing of the season and I take pleasure in all the Souffs fans thinking he'd be their saviour for '17.

I was among them as well.

Granted, it was never going to be easy without Inglis, but I thought Farah would solve a lot of the issues Souths seemed to be having without Issac Luke. I couldn't have been more wrong.

The issue with Souths is that they're still relying on the same gameplan that did the job in 2014. The difference was back then it was designed around players like Issac Luke, Dylan Walker, Luke Keary, Ben Te'o and Greg Inglis. When you take those players out, there isn't a whole lot left and the players Maguire keeps bringing in aren't doing the job. The only player to come through who has been any good is Angus Crichton and even he's still raw.

Basically they let Katter talk and he rambled on. It was glorious

Basically they let Katter talk and he rambled on. It was glorious

I think he might have knocked down a few before going on..

His reasoning was just.. Wow.

Wanting the Bulldogs to wreck the Sharks right now (and I hate both teams!). Will help the Broncs differential.

Haha I say to myself 'Cronulla will be lucky to score a try' next minute they score.

That was awesome from Gallen getting out of the in goal and Holmes adding more meters following on from it.

It was gutsy win by Cronulla, but what stood out to me more than anything else was the effort from Canterbury. The Bulldogs haven't been a fancy football side in a long time, but what they have prided themselves on is their defense and ability to rise to the occassion. Inside the final fifteen, Craig Garvey puts in a great grubber kick that should have resulted in a goal line drop out. The initial efforts by Kasiano & Frawley are lax and by the time the cavalry arrives it's far too late and Cronulla eventually go onto score a length of the field try.

It typified the Bulldogs effort on the night. Despite coming under little pressure or being stretched too far defensively they were happy to go through the motions and stick to the same boring routines that rarely trouble the defence. A couple of one off hit-ups, an inside ball to a fringe runner, give the ball to the half and see what they can come up with before the kick. If they had somebody of the calibre of Johnathan Thurston or Cooper Cronk I could almost understand it because they're the masters of rescuing sets with their last tackle plays, but they have the worst kicking game of any side in the competition, including the Brisbane Broncos.

Fair effort by Cronulla, particularly the senior players who stood up and were accounted for, but the Bulldogs were very poor and if there's any justice in the game they won't feature in September.

Looking forward today to the NRL debut of Lindsay Collins for the Roosters. Watched him for years as a junior teammate of my son for Stafford Brothers and we are over the moon on how his career has progressed. He never made any of the junior rep sides and was nothing special till he hit Under 16s. Hard work and determination has enabled him to come to this point. I am sure he will be a NRL regular eventually.

Lucky break there for the Raiders, Wighton never looked comfortable contesting that ball, I'm sure we'll see more high kicks from the Roosters during this half.

Boyd with a great start for the Raiders, a drop ball then a bad read to concede the try.

The video referee had no other option to award the try there but really that pass from Leilua was forward into Whitehead and they shouldn't have been in that position to begin with.

Very fortunate stuff for Canberra.

Lockyer really is painful to listen to in commentary. Just can't put a flued sentence together.

Great player, but not a commentator.

Wow at that try. It's not enough that teams like us and the rorters lose 5+ players to origin, we also have to cop ridiculous decisions like that and the rts knock on last night.

Once again, the video officials did the right thing, but Perenara should have picked up that high shot from JWH.

They've been strong the past couple of weeks, but that was a shocking period for the Tupou/Mitchell combination.

The Roosters should have been able to stop that, the way the cover just fell over was poor.

10-6 Raiders after 24.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fozz
  • Organix
  • Wolfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • eggstar10
  • Strop
  • Bish
  • Xzei
  • KeithustEndaf
  • Cavalo
  • theshed
  • broncsgoat
  • kman
  • Santa
  • Old Mate
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncorob
  • Johnny92
  • Brocko
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.