Round 12 Discussion

Dean Pay strikes again.

Corey Harawira-Naera dropped to reserve grade, that's gotta be the last straw right? How does this bloke still have a job?

The way he's dicked around CHN & Rhyse Martin this year is absolutely absurd.

Dean Pay strikes again.

Corey Harawira-Naera dropped to reserve grade, that's gotta be the last straw right? How does this bloke still have a job?

Dodged a bullet, I was that close to picking him up in SC but decided to wait for his price to drop.

Refs penalizing Moses for playing the ball too quickly.
What a ridiculous call IMO

It was a poor explanation, but it was the right call. Moses has to regain both feet in order to play the ball, you cannot play the ball with only one foot on the ground.

Moses was on one knee when he tried to play it.

Dean Pay strikes again.

He either has an iq under 80 or is suffering from CTE symptoms.

I honestly think I’d make a better coach than Pay.

Last edited:
Thank god for a try. This game looked like NRL's answer to mogadon.

Raiders are missing so many players I thought there was no way they could actually win. Guess I underestimated the Doggies shitness... though there is still the 2nd half to go.

Last edited:
Bailey Simonson looks like a Cotric clone but faster

I've been a bit iffy about it over the past few weeks because Penrith were really struggling, as were the Titans, but after that half of footy, I am beyond doubt now that the Dogs will walk away with the kitchenware at the end of the year. That roster is just a laughing joke, they have no x-factor to speak of anywhere, you can't speak of Kieran Foran in that vein because he hasn't been anywhere near his best for quite some time and probably never will again.

If they haven't got close to 2 million dollars worth of cap unused, it is a disgraceful slaughtering of resources.

How was Seeyousallthemorra's tap on Jackson's face a penalty?

Last edited:
OMFG
[automerge]1559387011[/automerge]
It's going to be priceless seeing Stuart's face should they lose this now.
[automerge]1559388126[/automerge]
Nope Raiders just hold on

Last edited:
It was a poor explanation, but it was the right call. Moses has to regain both feet in order to play the ball, you cannot play the ball with only one foot on the ground.

Moses was on one knee when he tried to play it.
Right. Thanks for that mate, didn't get a chance to have a closer look at it.

I've been a bit iffy about it over the past few weeks because Penrith were really struggling, as were the Titans, but after that half of footy, I am beyond doubt now that the Dogs will walk away with the kitchenware at the end of the year. That roster is just a laughing joke, they have no x-factor to speak of anywhere, you can't speak of Kieran Foran in that vein because he hasn't been anywhere near his best for quite some time and probably never will again.

If they haven't got close to 2 million dollars worth of cap unused, it is a disgraceful slaughtering of resources.

That $2 million is used on players who aren’t there.

Not sure who’s still on their books but players like Woods, Eastwood, etc were on massive overs / back-ended deals and released to ease pressure.

I've got an issue with Pay receiving a free pass for this season.

The media is pretending that he's being held over a barrel by Des' reckless spending, but in reality the only players they're paying to play elsewhere are Moses Mbye and Aaron Woods.

The contracts of Greg Eastwood, Josh Morris, Brett Morris, Sam Kasiano and James Graham all expired last year. None of them are under the Bulldogs salary cap.

Even a player like David Klemmer who signed with Canterbury till 2020 wouldn't be seeing a cent from Canterbury considering the deal he signed with Newcastle.

For mine it calls into question the legitimacy of the 'rebuild' season. Lately everyone has been quick to pat Nathan Brown on the back for flogging the defending premiers, but I don't think it was worth three horrendous seasons to get there. What he and Rick Stone did at Newcastle was a joke and the players that were there for the lean times aren't the stars of the roster now.

When you look at the Newcastle Knights it's names like Kalyn Ponga, Mitchell Pearce, David Klemmer etc. who have made the difference. Granted, there's still a few 'survivors' from that lean period like Lachlan Fitzgibbon, Danny Levi, Daniel Saifiti etc. who have made a decent contribution in recent weeks but I don't think Brown needed to adopt his reckless selection policy to unearth them and for mine, the jury is still out on whether they can get the job done in the finals.

Similarly at Canterbury they've released Mbye and Woods yet have failed to fill that void. The players that have been brought in like Nick Meaney, Jack Cogger, Sauaso Sue have failed to impress and little has been done to change the dynamic of the squad. What's also concerning is that despite making the U/18s Final in 2018, Canterbury weren't able to keep their brightest prospects in Logan Dillon and Tommy Talau. Maybe history will vindicate those decisions, but like the Wests Tigers who were bleeding players across all three levels, it doesn't bode well for the future.

Des may have been spinning his wheels at Canterbury, but at least he had the Bulldogs in the final's mix. I just don't see the light at the end of the tunnel for Pay.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Jedhead
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fitzy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • bb_gun
  • Harry Sack
  • IceWorks
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Strop
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ostin86
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.