Round 12 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos - Post Match Discussion

Baptiste looks like a talent. About the only positive to come from this game.

missed the game cos of work, but umm yeah looks like I didnt really miss much at all..

Personally, I don't see how Baptise added that much more than McCullough. Didn't think McCullough was all the bad tonight. Wallace had a great first half, but obviously with injury wasn't the same in the 2nd half.

I really hope Griffin knows what he is doing with the resting of players. If we storm home with fresh players we are laughing, but if we miss out on the 8 due to 2 or 4 competition points, it's a bad call.

was a pretty atrocious second half, but saw nothing to fear if we had everybody on deck

the only player I do wish to comment on is Gagai, he needs a big glass of cement to harden the **** up ... seriously, every time he runs the ball he looks like he gets hurt ... time to go Gagai ... for now anyway

Oink !

Crowd was shit, atmosphere was shit, game was shit.

This resting policy better pay off in the result of another premiership.

Mister Wright said:
Personally, I don't see how Baptise added that much more than McCullough. Didn't think McCullough was all the bad tonight. Wallace had a great first half, but obviously with injury wasn't the same in the 2nd half.

I really hope Griffin knows what he is doing with the resting of players. If we storm home with fresh players we are laughing, but if we miss out on the 8 due to 2 or 4 competition points, it's a bad call.

I like the resting policy... I really DO think it will make a difference towards the end.

Put it this way the tackle I did on my 6 year old to put him back in his fucking bed so he'd fucking sleep was better than anything the Broncos dished up in this game...

stop bitching about resting players ffs. Thaiday needs to be rested and Lockyer has rarely ever backed up over the years. Our defense was pathetic, it has been getting progressively worse ever seen Kemp left [icon_wink . Griffin will sort it out but the longer it takes the less faith we will have in him. Manly are a bloody good side but our performance tonight was still not up to scratch.

For me our defense is the biggest disappointment over the last few games.

We've gone away from the structures that were getting us huge raps earlier in the year, and it's now more than ever we really need to keep them intact.

I agree with the comments about Kenny .... he is absolutely shithouse out there .... especially in attack. He gets dominated every time he hits the ball up !! Dodds and Carlaw would be my picks for props on the bench.

Baptiste was really good, and provided a lot of spark out of dummyhalf.

Sounds like Te'o may have broken his arm again. Shame he was looking good last night. Kenny is getting a game because our forward stocks have had a few injuries. IMO if McGuire was fit he would be in the side ahead of Kenny.

A young Broncos side was outclassed by a much larger and more experienced Manly side. It was awful to watch but I'm not going to kick my dog over it.

gUt said:
A young Broncos side was outclassed by a much larger and more experienced Manly side. It was awful to watch but I'm not going to kick my dog over it.

+1

imo our forwards lost that match, And credit to Macca for showing some real balls.

Could be worse - we could be the Tits runnng stone cold motherless....

Our forwards got smashed so even if Lockyer played we have still been belted. Manly were scintillating in that second half and we had no hope of going with them. Having said that we might as well have not even run out for the second half. We were disinterested from the first play.

I like Griffen's approach in resting our stars. We have to learn to win without Lockyer at some point. Unfortunately, as someone else mentioned, Wallace is not the halfback to take us forward when Lockyer retires. He is a good support player when Lockyer is on song but he consistently fails to stamp his authority on a game when he is the leading playmaker. And he has had plenty of opportunities to do that since he arrived at Red Hill.

Steve said:
Our forwards got smashed so even if Lockyer played we have still been belted. Manly were scintillating in that second half and we had no hope of going with them. Having said that we might as well have not even run out for the second half. We were disinterested from the first play.

I like Griffen's approach in resting our stars. We have to learn to win without Lockyer at some point. Unfortunately, as someone else mentioned, Wallace is not the halfback to take us forward when Lockyer retires. He is a good support player when Lockyer is on song but he consistently fails to stamp his authority on a game when he is the leading playmaker. And he has had plenty of opportunities to do that since he arrived at Red Hill.

Disagree. I think Wallace has shown a really good intent this season. He's obviously been better when Lockyer is playing along side him, but I thought last night he showed a real willingness to make things happen. He rarely his the fullbacks/wingers on the full and I really liked his willingness to have a go at midfield chips and other attacking kicks. He was obviously hampered by the injury he picked up during the game later in the game, and the forwards weren't giving him much to work with in the 2nd half, but I thought overall he was trying to make things happen and did a very good job.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Jedhead
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.