Status
Not open for further replies.
ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
It only gets tougher.

Maybe the Storm will rest their Origin stars given they will probably be 6pts clear.

going to melbourne for the weekend this game is on, will be attending. by crikey i hope we pull off a win!

...if not i may be poor company for the people i'm visiting that night..

I'm going to guess that Thaiday and Hodges will be rested due to niggling injuries. Hannant and Petro I'd expect to backup although maybe from the bench... I also get the feeling Wallace will still be out as I read he was looking at 4 weeks. I suppose the team might look something like this...

Hoffman
Copley
Reed
Gillette
Beale
Norman
Hunt
Hannant
McCullough
McGuire
Glenn
T'eo
Parker

Baptiste
Anderson
Lui
Frei/Dodds/Hala(?) Not sure on this last bench spot... Who is fit/next in line?

I'd probably prefer moving Copley to centres, Gagai into the wing and T'eo/Gillette to that bench spot, depending on who starts. I just don't think they're gonna give Gagai any game time this year...

If I were a gambling man, I'd probably put my money on storm unfortunately...

Seriously, what were the NRL thinking scheduling this match two days after Origin - have they learnt nothing?

Beale to FB, Hoffman to wing.

More numbers in a proper defensive line out wide and Wallace to goal kick.

It won't happen. Where do you think up this shit?

Of course it won't happen, but as it stands, both our wingers are more liabilities than assets, Hoffman is clearly not able to, or unwilling to do much other than run the ball back strongly, which Beale showed he could do almost just as well last year. Beale is not a winger but he's a satisfactory FB, and I reckon Hoffman would be excellent on the wing, especially under the high ball.

As for what you call "shit", it's name calling pricks like you who stifle debate with teenage name calling. Grow up and give me some sort of analysis instead of the gift of your immaturity.

Last edited:
That's just weakening one position to strengthen another. Hoffman is a far better fullback than Beale.

Of course it won't happen, but as it stands, both our wingers are more liabilities than assets, Hoffman is clearly not able to, or unwilling to do much other than run the ball back strongly, which Beale showed he could do almost just as well last year. Beale is not a winger but he's a satisfactory FB, and I reckon Hoffman would be excellent on the wing, especially under the high ball.

As for what you call "shit", it's name calling pricks like you who stifle debate with teenage name calling. Grow up and give me some sort of analysis instead of the gift of your ignorance.

It is a silly suggestion on your part. Why would Hook move our first choice fullback to the wing and replace him with Beale who is leaving the club next year anyway?? Our wingers are woeful but I can't see Hoffman doing any better given he has hardly played on the wing. It makes no sense to even think about doing it. Funny thing is Beale is decent under the highball at fullback as well but has no clue on the wing. What is to say Hoffman won't be in the same boat?

Funny thing is Beale is decent under the highball at fullback as well but has no clue on the wing. What is to say Hoffman won't be in the same boat?

Pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

On the Storm I think Slater will be rested for sure since he is carrying a foot injury through the season. Fingers crossed he is anyway. Would be handy if the big 3 didn't play so we are a better chance of getting the win. Thaiday and Hodges certainly won't back up IMO. I'll be at the game so I have my fingers crossed for a win.

yep stupid scheduling from the nrl. clueless.

anyway would be nice if at least one of there big 3 is rested. preferably not cam smith as i need the DT points.

It's two days after the Melbourne Origin, there must be some kind of marketing strategy behind it.

It's two days after the Melbourne Origin, there must be some kind of marketing strategy behind it.

We've played the Friday night after Origin in Melbourne the last 2 times it's been held there.

The players involved in Origin prefer the 2 day turnaround, as they're not as sore etc

We've played the Friday night after Origin in Melbourne the last 2 times it's been held there.

Yeah it's their request.

Along with the Warriors we usually guarantee a big gate in Melbourne. Attended both games in 2006 and 2009 after Origin and they were both packed.

Still it's a shame that a number of players won't be able to back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• marw
  • Fatboy
  • Pablo
  • Brotherdu
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Spike
  • Manofoneway
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.