Round 12 - Storm vs Broncos - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep stupid scheduling from the nrl. clueless.

anyway would be nice if at least one of there big 3 is rested. preferably not cam smith as i need the DT points.

ah yeah and it's about the third year in a row they've wedged this game up against an origin ... would the AFL schedule Collingwood vs Carlton (or any of it's big ticket matchups) at a time when both teams were guaranteed to be banged up and below their best ?

I'm going to guess that Thaiday and Hodges will be rested due to niggling injuries. Hannant and Petro I'd expect to backup although maybe from the bench... I also get the feeling Wallace will still be out as I read he was looking at 4 weeks. I suppose the team might look something like this...

Hoffman
Copley
Reed
Gillette
Beale
Norman
Hunt
Hannant
McCullough
McGuire
Glenn
T'eo
Parker

Baptiste
Anderson
Lui
Frei/Dodds/Hala(?) Not sure on this last bench spot... Who is fit/next in line?

I'd probably prefer moving Copley to centres, Gagai into the wing and T'eo/Gillette to that bench spot, depending on who starts. I just don't think they're gonna give Gagai any game time this year...

If I were a gambling man, I'd probably put my money on storm unfortunately...

gagai will be signed by cronulla by the weekend

I hope we blood Whitchurch against the Storm and leave Gillett in the backrow. Beale can play in the centres.

I hope we blood Whitchurch against the Storm and leave Gillett in the backrow. Beale can play in the centres.

If you're going to play Whitchurch you're better off playing him in the centres IMO.

How is he with defence Jeb?

If you're going to play Whitchurch you're better off playing him in the centres IMO.

Is he playing wing or centre for Recliffe?? Happy with either TBH but was hoping to get a look at him on the wing.

How is he with defence Jeb?

Solid enough. He can put on a big hit too.

Beads he started the year on the wing and is now in the centres after Redcliffe copped some injuries, and has shown his best form for the season since he moved there.

Centre or wing I don't care give him a crack instead of playing Gillett in the centres IMO.

the Sharks beat the Storm today 12-10 WTF

Great game. The Sharks can be a seriously good side. No-name players like Best & Pomeroy etc. put in 110%. They wanted to win. Their man-on-man defence was excellent.

They were disciplined for 80 minutes, especially in defence, especially on their line, and they didn't have their wingers leave acres of space out wide waiting for kicks letting the opposition create overlaps at will.

They had depth in attack and constantly went wide instead of running one-out. In doing so, they created overlaps which seriously tested the Storm defence.

Their kicking game by both halves was very good. Their coach knew exactly what to do to beat the Storm, and his players followed the script.

Simple really.

Given we have much, much more talent than the Sharks, there's no reason why we can't win, even without our Origin players if they are rested.

i tipped sharks knowing that gallen wasnt playing. not surprised at all.

Also tipped the Sharks, felt a Melbourne loss was on the cards.

Not sure if I can see them losing 2 in a row though..

No surprise here. A few weeks ago i was asked who would be the first team to beat the storm. I said sharks without hesitation. they can beat anyone on their day and are my smokeys for the premiership.

I'm going to guess that Thaiday and Hodges will be rested due to niggling injuries. Hannant and Petro I'd expect to backup although maybe from the bench...

would be surprised if petero backs up. hannant and gillett should be good to go though.

hopefully slater is rested due to that ongoing foot issue.

Slater doesn't worry me as much as Cameron Smith, who always dominates us. And our middle 1/3rd defence is weaker than ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Aldo
  • kiwi2
  • Morkel
  • Xzei
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • jd87
  • Johnny92
  • bert_lifts
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Santa
  • Sproj
  • Allo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Fatboy
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.