PRE-GAME Round 12 - Warriors vs Broncos

Discussion in 'Brisbane Broncos Talk' started by Big Pete, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Horseheadsup

Horseheadsup QCup Player

Unbelievable amount of missed tackles.

2. 40+ right?

3. Horseheadsup

Horseheadsup QCup Player

4. Jeez, I still feel it's unfair playing them without our Origin reps.

GKDonkey likes this.
  5. Sproj

Sproj

Hypothetically, let's say all of McGuire, Boyd, Oates, Roberts, Milf, Macca, Thaiday, Arrow and TPJ are out, I reckon we will go with something like this:

1. Kahu
    2. Mead
    3. Opacic
    4. Moga
    5. Pearson
    6. Marshall
    7. Hunt
    8. Ese'ese
    9. KNik
    10. Blair
    11. Glenn
    12. Su'A
    13. Joffa

14. Dodds
    15. Sims
    16. Fai
    17. Allan

6. Roberts won't be picked. It is known.

7. Sproj

Sproj

In my defense, I did say hypothetically. :)

bb_gun likes this.
  8. Accept

Accept QCup Player

Don't be surprised if Bennett opts for Waddell in the #9 as he can handle the defensive workload. Kodi will be very handy wearing the 17 jersey again.

Marty Deutschmann likes this.
  9. It will depend on the severity of the concussion. The after effects of a concussion can be hard to get over and can take quite a bit of time to. I've seen players sit out weeks after being in situations like that and the fact that we are travelling to NZ could be a factor. Ever tried to fly after a minor concussion? It's not pleasant. It would be worse for Macca.

10. winslow_wong

winslow_wong NRL Captain

bris
    Kearney is as bad as Jason Taylor in terms of coaching.

KnToad likes this.
  11. Sucks for me especially as an "Across the Ditch" member and this is the only chance I get to see the boys play live this year. Up to half the bloody team will be missing lol.

GKDonkey likes this.
  12. Kyall

Kyall QCup Player

If all players possible are selected I would go-
    1.Kahu
    2.Mead
    3.Opacic
    4.Moga
    5.Pearson
    6.Nikorima
    7.Hunt
    8.Ese,Ese
    9.Waddel
    10.Offa
    11.Glenn
    12.Sua
    13.Blair
    14.Isaako
    15.Fai
    16.Sims
    17.Molo

13. Pushkin

Pushkin QCup Player

TPJ and Arrow gone be fit for this match.

FGfrom50 likes this.
  14. 2ndPhase

2ndPhase QCup Player

I think you play your best 17. Therefore Waddell doesn't get a look in and Hunt plays 9. Better defensively than Nik and we know he's played there before.

Wayne has been sticking to his back line bench player to cover hia. So I don't think he wants to carry another hooker. Maybe Sua as the back line bench-y.

Otherwise play Benji and I'm sure he could do 20min from hooker to give Hunt a spell. Or cover centre if a backing shuffle is required.

15. Huge

Huge NRL Captain

Ipswich
    Back to old habits hey Pushkin ? Ha ha....

I want to understand you
    I study your obscure language

broncospwn and KnToad like this.
  16. Huge

Huge NRL Captain

Ipswich
    I'm almost certain WB assured the lady journalist who asked about Hunt in last nights press conference that Hunt would play next week for certain and that KNik would be on the bench. Me personally I would much prefer to leave McC home ( likely anyway ) and have Hunt, KNik and Milf on the field but I think it's too many little guys in the middle. I rate Waddell so I think he'd be likely to get the gig and he was excellent when he played several games last year...that is aside from his very first half of a game.

17. Sproj

Sproj

You should be used to it though right? Happens every year.

18. jarro65

jarro65 State of Origin Rep

If Milford isn't picked for Origin then i'd like for both he and KNik to stay as our halves pairing ... build some more cohesion.

Hunt could play hooker, he has before remember, and we're not really that concerned about his development any more are we ?

19. Pretty often yeah. Still disappointing scheduling. Last year actually wasn't Origin affected so imagine my amusement when half of them didn't turn up mentally anyway and we got belted lol. Hopefully next week we'll get a spirited performance from an under strength side. I'll be there with bells on either way.

Sproj likes this.
  20. KnToad

KnToad QCup Player

Personally I would love to see them go around next week with Hunt at 9. I know it won't happen but why break up a setup that been working and steadily improving. Plus I think Hunt could go well at 9 and give us another option in attack around the ruck. The Warriors defense was insipid last night and I think we could tear them to shreds

Wild Horse and Horseheadsup like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.