vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sucks for me especially as an "Across the Ditch" member and this is the only chance I get to see the boys play live this year. Up to half the bloody team will be missing lol.

You should be used to it though right? Happens every year.

If Milford isn't picked for Origin then i'd like for both he and KNik to stay as our halves pairing ... build some more cohesion.

Hunt could play hooker, he has before remember, and we're not really that concerned about his development any more are we ?

You should be used to it though right? Happens every year.
Pretty often yeah. Still disappointing scheduling. Last year actually wasn't Origin affected so imagine my amusement when half of them didn't turn up mentally anyway and we got belted lol. Hopefully next week we'll get a spirited performance from an under strength side. I'll be there with bells on either way.

Personally I would love to see them go around next week with Hunt at 9. I know it won't happen but why break up a setup that been working and steadily improving. Plus I think Hunt could go well at 9 and give us another option in attack around the ruck. The Warriors defense was insipid last night and I think we could tear them to shreds

Again this is assuming worst/best case (depending how you look at it) origin selections and macca out to injury.

A sight for sore eyes, Hunt, Arrow and TPJ due back from injury at a time when the Broncos pack is decimated due to origin scheduling.

Only one player named in the 1-7 will keep the same number they donned the week before.

But not all is lost, the Broncos depth, which has been known to let them down in the past, will this year allow them to still post a formidable team.

1. Kahu
2. Mead
3. Opacic
4. Moga
5. Pearson
6. Nikorima
7. Hunt
8. Ese'ese
9. Waddel
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Su'a
13. Arrow

14. Sims
15. TPJ
16. Offa
17. Fai

Against an enigmatic warriors team the Broncos could still sneak away with a win here.

If Milford isn't picked for Origin then i'd like for both he and KNik to stay as our halves pairing ... build some more cohesion.

Hunt could play hooker, he has before remember, and we're not really that concerned about his development any more are we ?
What's development got to do with it? The Broncos are in the business of trying to win premierships. To give themselves the best chance of doing so, they need the club's best halfback playing his desired position.

Last edited:
What's development got to do with it? The Broncos are in the business of trying to win premierships. To give themselves the best chance of doing so, they need the club's best halfback playing his desired position.
Exactly this I don't understand the talk of next year. We're a legitimate chance this year.

I think people also forget how good Hunt's form was before he got injured

I like what knik has done. He had a blinder against wests however: He barely kicked in general play and was under no pressure whatsoever. The tigers defence was diabolical, constantly going backwards and leaving holes. He was great in attack but was never tested defensively.
Let's not get too carried away. Hunt slots into half, next week and knik either plays 5/8 if milf is selected for origin, plays as a utility to cover waddels lack of punch through the middle, or goes back to isc and keeps working on his game for next year.

Yeah, agreed. At the moment, I feel like Hunt in the halves and Kodi on the bench is our best chance of winning the premiership. If Hunt doesn't perform, we can drop him.

I can't imagine Hunt not wearing the 7 next week. Not that I particularly agree with it, as we've been a much better team in the last 30 with, than without him, and the scores before/after Kodi are undeniable.

I'm not a line-up type normally, but here's how I think we will look like against the Warriors, assuming Thaiday, Gillett, Boyd, McGuire, and Oates are all selected:

1- Kahu
2- Mead
3- Roberts
4- Moga
5- Pearson
6- Milford (presuming he isn't selected in the Qld 17)
7- Hunt
8- Ese'ese
9- McCullough
10- Blair
11- Glenn
12- Su'a
13- Ofahengaue (finally showed what he is capable of against the Tigers... huge motor too)

14- Kodi (super-sub)
15- Sims
16- TPJ
17- Arrow (Fai)

I honestly think Gillo will be the main player whose absence will be markedly noticed, despite young Jaydn's talent. Matty's clean-up work and 1%'s, which often kept the opposition from a 4 pointer, will be missed.

Next will be Oates, as his work starting sets from our line is invaluable.

Some (or most) will mention Boyd, but I don't think we'll miss much with Kahu, who is all class and a very capable fullback in all facets of the game. He doesn't have quite the passing game of Boyd, but is a better support player on the other hand.
One caveat though, is how important Boyd is for our defensive organisation... his work there often goes unnoticed.

Without trying to minimise Thaiday's or McGuire's value, I think we're well covered. TPJ can hopefully fill Thaiday's role, while Ofa and Arrow are more than capable of covering McGuire's ruck work.

before Kodi we played the Sharks, Storm and Cowboys

after Kodi we played the Titans, Tigers and Panthers

I'm sensing a difference there

Hunt was shit early on - only started coming good from the Storm on with that confidence try. Kodi was dropped in the deep end and helped steer us to six straight. Ben has a high standard to continue now as far as his attacking football goes.

before Kodi we played the Sharks, Storm and Cowboys

after Kodi we played the Titans, Tigers and Panthers

I'm sensing a difference there
Yes, there is a difference, but we also played Bulldogs and Raiders with Hunt, which I'd rather play than the Titans or Manly.

Regardless, if you can't see the difference in our attack with Hunt and Kodi, whom btw is not any more a halfback than Hunt imo, let's just agree to disagree.

I can't imagine Hunt not wearing the 7 next week. Not that I particularly agree with it, as we've been a much better team in the last 30 with, than without him, and the scores before/after Kodi are undeniable.

I'm not a line-up type normally, but here's how I think we will look like against the Warriors, assuming Thaiday, Gillett, Boyd, McGuire, and Oates are all selected:

1- Kahu
2- Mead
3- Roberts
4- Moga
5- Pearson
6- Milford (presuming he isn't selected in the Qld 17)
7- Hunt
8- Ese'ese
9- McCullough
10- Blair
11- Glenn
12- Su'a
13- Ofahengaue (finally showed what he is capable of against the Tigers... huge motor too)

14- Kodi (super-sub)
15- Sims
16- TPJ
17- Arrow (Fai)

I honestly think Gillo will be the main player whose absence will be markedly noticed, despite young Jaydn's talent. Matty's clean-up work and 1%'s, which often kept the opposition from a 4 pointer, will be missed.

Next will be Oates, as his work starting sets from our line is invaluable.

Some (or most) will mention Boyd, but I don't think we'll miss much with Kahu, who is all class and a very capable fullback in all facets of the game. He doesn't have quite the passing game of Boyd, but is a better support player on the other hand.
One caveat though, is how important Boyd is for our defensive organisation... his work there often goes unnoticed.

Without trying to minimise Thaiday's or McGuire's value, I think we're well covered. TPJ can hopefully fill Thaiday's role, while Ofa and Arrow are more than capable of covering McGuire's ruck work.

No way will Sua get a run let alone a starting position.

Last year Sua played right side second rower for 3 games all 80 minutes and he will do the same this weekend too.

Last year Sua played right side second rower for 3 games all 80 minutes and he will do the same this weekend too.
Could have sworn he played on the left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Broncs1459
  • bb_gun
  • Alec
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • Broncorob
  • bazza
  • Browny
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • The True King
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.