Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Everyone expects an '02 Baby Broncos miracle every single time. In reality, that sort of occurrence is a once in a lifetime result. (Maybe twice).
We handled our origin period in 2015 fine so why can't we do it again

I think it's only natural that once hunt signed with the drags, he'd get a bit of that who cares attitude. So for that reason it may be time to give his spot to someone who cares and wants to improve.

We handled our origin period in 2015 fine so why can't we do it again

A bit of a different situation.

We played one game without our Origin players in 2015 and it was against a depleted Knights side and we also had 3 quarters of our spine intact.

Imagine how good Hunt would have looked if Roberts caught those passes when he had space in front of him. Not even Kodi the Savior would have looked good at halfback last night. Also Kodi was on the field for something like 55 minutes right? Where the **** was he?

Imagine how good Hunt would have looked if Roberts caught those passes when he had space in front of him. Not even Kodi the Savior would have looked good at halfback last night. Also Kodi was on the field for something like 55 minutes right? Where the **** was he?
lol, this love for Kodi by some fans has me extremely puzzled. You'd think he was the next Alfie.

Still had three quarters of our spine in 2015. Makes a hell of a difference.
I'm not talking about last night, I'm talking about the whole of the origin period

And Kahu had the better part of two months to build a combination with his team mates.

Even then, it took a special second half effort to get the win and the Broncos really built their season off the back of it.

lol, this love for Kodi by some fans has me extremely puzzled. You'd think he was the next Alfie.
Could say the same for the Hunt fans, even though he isn't and will never be a halfback, and being below average in over a year now.
I'm well aware Kodi isn't a halfback either, but at least he's shown more progress in 6 weeks than Hunt in years, besides already being more capable of using our right side attack than Hunt has ever been able to...

It's this exact kind of comment that turns this board into the shit show it often becomes. No one, as far as I've seen, has said Kodi is an amazing half.

Every comment has been about how he has done a very decent job under the corcumstances, has contributed nicely to our winning streak, and how his stats have been comparable to Hunts. Any argument to have Kodi picked over Hunt has been based on that, along with the fact that Hunt is leaving next year anyway.

I personally don't have a strong opinion either way other than it is good to be in a position as a club where this discussion could even exist.

It is just so stupid how everyone has to talk in extremes here. "Kodi has been playing well" is a general opinion some have on this board and you reply with some shit patronising "Kodi love" and pretending like anyone ever even came close to comparing him to Allen Langer.

All it does is create this dumb team mentality where people have to exist at polar extremes on all discussions. Team Kodi v Team Hunt. Moga is great v Moga is the worst centre ever. etc

Edit: and in the 3 minutes it took me to write this @Porthoz illustrates my point perfectly.

Edit: and in the 3 minutes it took me to write this @Porthoz illustrates my point perfectly.
I'm not in either team, as I don't think either player is the solution we need, but at the moment, they are what we have. Did you see me compare him Kodi to Alfie, or mention that Hunt is worthless? How is my position extreme?

My opinion is that based on what I've seen and the near future, where I think we would likely be better served with Kodi.
Do you disagree with what I said? If so, what do you disagree with?

I'm not in either team, as I don't think either player is the solution we need, but at the moment, they are what we have. Did you see me compare him Kodi to Alfie, or mention that Hunt is worthless? How is my position extreme?

My opinion is that based on what I've seen and the near future, where I think we would likely be better served with Kodi.

I took his post as agreeing with you.

The common theme on this forum is agreeing to disagree

It isn't about what I agree with or what I disagree with. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. It's the way these opinions often snowball out of control for people on both sides of the discussion that is the problem. You posted in a very similar manner to the original post I quoted, just from the other side.

Excuse my poor formatting but I will point out what I see as issues with your post. I'm not having a go at you either, because we have all been guilty of it at times.

"Could say the same for the Hunt fans"

This is completely unneeded. Taking shots at people who like Hunt doesn't take away from what was said about Kodi. It divides the issue into Hunt fans v Kniko fans like you can't be both. It's just mudslinging.

"even though he isn't and will never be a halfback, and being below average in over a year now."

Ben Hunt has been down on form and may not be the half we need but to say he will NEVER be a halfback is talking in extremes. He may never be a top tier halfback or even a GF winning halfback but for 2 seasons at least, he was a very good halfback.

"I'm well aware Kodi isn't a halfback either, but at least he's shown more progress in 6 weeks than Hunt in years, besides already being more capable of using our right side attack than Hunt has ever been able to..."

Again, Kodi very well could develop into a fine halfback. Maybe not good enough for us in your opinion, but with the Luke Brooks, Chad Townsends, and Aden Sezers of the wolrd forging out decent careers in the NRL, Kodi definitely can be a halfback. I think Kodi has developed nicely during his time at 7 but there's no need to pretend it's an objective truth that he has improved more in 6 weeks than Hunt has in years. Kodi has done a great job with our right side edge, but better than Hunt EVER has? EVER? I don't think you can make that call.

In your defence, it's hard to share your views in a reasonable way when replying to a post that was all bait and added nothing to the discussion (the people think Kodi is Langer post). But in your not-defence(?) you shouldn't have replied to it seriously to begin with.

Once the dust settles and SOO is over. This is how I'd like us to finish the year.

7. KNick
6. Milford

14. Hunt

Maybe, I just saw that we needed to shore up the middle and I think Hunt would do that better than Waddell, who unless I'm mistaken I think got hooked for Kodi at about the 20th minute and didn't go back on?

We won't have that problem normally when McCullough is around.

It's only because of the alternative.....Ben Hunt.

Unread

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • Fozz
  • Strop
  • The Strapper
  • GCBRONCO
  • johnny plath
  • Allo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • KateBroncos1812
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Volvo Driver
  • lynx000
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.