Warriors

Kickoff In:

McLean Park

Saturday
Afternoon
17:30

Broncos

Team Lists

Mariner has been 18th man the last cpl of months .
You want to over look him and bring in Pereira who hasn`t even been on the extended bench . That`d be a slap in the face for Mariner .
It’s a 30 man squad and tactically Mariner was the worst option for this game alongside Arthars. If Mariner can’t handle hurt feelings for the teams gain he is in for a very short career. Playing in the 17 isn’t his right cause he has played 18th man. What would we get out of putting Pereira at 18th man, he has no versatility and he isn’t inexperienced to nrl.

Mariner is a great youngster and if we had a full strength forward pack and Oatesy fine chuck him in but we don’t. Look at our team, tell me where the metres are coming from? Absolutely nowhere. This really isn’t an acceptable backline with any forward pack. There is more than silky footwork and finishing ability in a backlines role and we need size and proven metre makers every week let alone this week. We haven’t done that and that is on the selection panel. Even Hoeter should have been selected before both Arthars and Mariner. Origin has made this period tough and Kev has just made it tougher by selecting two wingers who lack the ability to take a hit up let alone an effective one.

It’s a 30 man squad and tactically Mariner was the worst option for this game alongside Arthars. If Mariner can’t handle hurt feelings for the teams gain he is in for a very short career. Playing in the 17 isn’t his right cause he has played 18th man. What would we get out of putting Pereira at 18th man, he has no versatility and he isn’t inexperienced to nrl.

Mariner is a great youngster and if we had a full strength forward pack and Oatesy fine chuck him in but we don’t. Look at our team, tell me where the metres are coming from? Absolutely nowhere. This really isn’t an acceptable backline with any forward pack. There is more than silky footwork and finishing ability in a backlines role and we need size and proven metre makers every week let alone this week. We haven’t done that and that is on the selection panel. Even Hoeter should have been selected before both Arthars and Mariner. Origin has made this period tough and Kev has just made it tougher by selecting two wingers who lack the ability to take a hit up let alone an effective one.

1910 has already said Periera has a hamstring injury ... it won't magically get better because you don't want Mariner in the side

Maybe Coach Walters has ambitions beyond 5 hit-ups and a bomb.
Those 5 good hit ups and a bomb every set is what allows teams to fulfil their coaches deeper ambitions. If you haven’t figured that out in your time watching footy then I don’t know what else to say. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out a mediocre forward pack and a tiny backline aren’t going to get the team in a position for the few top class players we have to put on a defendable score. Obviously I had no clue before Pereira was injured so there is nothing Kev can really do about the metres, but at the end of the day your post suggests a lack of value for metres/hit ups and when we can’t get out of our own end you will realise why I was harping on about Pereira. Really if the Wahs shut down Herbies metres even the slightest this game will be wrapped up fairly effortlessly unless someone has an 11/10 blinder.

Slight glimmer of hope is the baby bronco spirit that comes out in the players this weekend of the season. Hopefully we see it from the back 5 (and the forwards) in their running cause in recent weeks with far stronger sides named their have been far to many players not willing to take a hard run out of our own end and when they do, they leave much to be desired. Like I said before I don’t expect this team to win this week but I’d love to see them try their hardest. Effort will be very evident in there defense and their carries.

Those 5 good hit ups and a bomb every set is what allows teams to fulfil their coaches deeper ambitions. If you haven’t figured that out in your time watching footy then I don’t know what else to say. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out a mediocre forward pack and a tiny backline
Mariner is taller than Pereira, and Sailor is taller than Walsh, if that's any consolation.

I would imagine there were some promises made of game time during the origin period.

not to mention that with Herbie leaving next year and Mariner looking like the only reasonable replacement, it would be wise to begin acclimatising him to the NRL

Periera and oates are injured. There is a pretty slim margin between Mariner, Hoeter and Arthars in terms of carries out of yardage.

With 5 players out for origin how can you possibly think Kev has made things tougher by picking the next in line for their respective positions... Including an incumbent (Arthars) who has been outstanding this year...

Baseless.

Warriors also have plenty of talent, Fonua-Blake has been on a tear and has basically been their Haas the last month or so.

Their forwards this week are better than ours, but our 2-5 are much better (on paper at least). So much hinges on Mam & Reyno unlocking them.

I think there's plenty of metres in Palasia, Jensen and Herbie. I also think Willison will bend the line and put his hand up for tough carries.
Riki and Staggs have been getting better and will need to take more hit ups to compensate for the big outs.
Hetho has his quick play the balls and knows how to sneak a break and Taupau is playing for a contract extension, so I expect him to step up. He's not Kapow Taupau anymore but he is there for experience.
Capewell really needs to lift and lead this forward pack.
I am really looking forward to seeing Sailor, Mariner, Piakura and Willison in action.
Hoping Piakura and Hetho put on some hits in defence.
Kevvie and co need to be spot on with interchanges and game plan.
Kick chase, line speed and players backing up.
But don't be afraid to play some eyes up footy!

I really hope Willison, Piakura, Mariner (and hopefully Te Kura) really put their hands up this week and put pressure on the incumbents.

No, but I’m pleased he’s getting a mention. Can’t see Pereira getting extended.
Wait until you find out who he's friends with and you can jump on the "coaches son" conspiracy again

Active Now

• Santa
  • Broncorob
  • Sproj
  • Gaz
  • Tmac
  • Matheos
  • TimWhatley
  • Bish
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Financeguy
  • Brotherdu
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.