Round 13 - Broncos vs Knights - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I can quickly add my 2c, I don't think the Knights squad is more talented than the Dragons '09 squad was...but I'd say they're pretty even.

Both squads just made the top 8 before Bennett took over, only one has lifted since Bennett took over.

Back on cue, don't want to see too many changes. I'll give the boys a chance to redeem themselves & see how they perform with our Origin stars fit & healthy before making any changes.

Any word on Te'o?

No offense Beads but from an outsider looking in it it looks like you disagree but have nothing to back up your argument and are taking the easy way out.

Good for you.
Uh yes they were. Morris was a fringe first grader and terribly inconsistent before 2009. Cooper was "past it" according to most. Beau Scott, Jamie Soward, Justin Poore, Matt Prior and Michael Weyman all made a name for themselves when Wayne came along. People seem to forget that they didn't exactly have many star players at all in 2009.

This year Bennett inherits Boyd, Uate, Gidley and Buderus who are all established, world class players. Who did Saints have in 2009 that who could class as established world class players? Matt Cooper maybe? Even he was fading. Darius Boyd made a name for himself later in 2009. Jeremy Snith maybe? I'm struggling here.

The fact that Buderus is on the knights list but Nightingale isn't your Dragons list made me not want to bother TBH. We will rate players very differently and that is why I have a different opinion to you. As for talent do we base talent on what they are capable of or what they have done?? Mullen has done **** all but is talented. Soward was in the same boat in 2009 IMO. Dragons finished 7th in 2008 so they had a decent side. Knights finished 8th so as Big Pete said talent is pretty even but because we all rate players differently I disagree with you.

Boyd - Boyd
Buderus - Priddis
Kidley - Hornby
Uate - Cooper

Throw in Nightingale, Sailor, J. Smith & Creagh along with all the good club players who helped them before in Young, Morris, Poore, Soward, Hunt & Scott etc. and it all ends up being pretty even.

Why does it matter which team is stronger. This isn't about Bennett, and the 2009 Dragons don't play the 2012 Knights. We play a Kidleyless 2012 Knights next week, and a Kidleyless 2012 Knights, irrespective of how they match up against the 2009 Dragons, simply don't have the talent or attacking cohesiveness to trouble us.

And frankly, that's all I give a shit about. **** the 2009 Dragons!

Boyd was a Test player before he went to the Dragons. Of course he's improved since then...but not by as much as you'd think.

Priddis & Buderus were pretty much bought in for the exact same reasons. Cheap experienced hookers who were past it but could hold the fort. Buderus was basically collecting his retirement cheque for 3 seasons before he came back.

Cooper was still an Origin player and had been for years. I'd argue a centre is more valuable than a winger & Cooper was still one of the better centres in the game by '09.

Throw in Jason Nightingale (Test Winger), Nathan Fien (World Cup Winning Halfback) & Jeremy Smith (World Cup Winning Backrow) it evens up.

That's the last I'll say on it. Bring on the Knights '12

Right back atcha. :finger:

I reckon the Kniggots have plenty of talent but no real form, and I think that is largely because they lack a true organiser. Gidley barely managed and Mullen just doesn't have it. However .... they have Buderus back and imo, he's a very good organiser.

After a few games with Buderus there, I think they will definitely improve.

This is a game we have to win convincingly, really applying the the blow torch.

I'm looking forward to this game. My brother in law is taking me and my dad to the game and the broncos always bounce back after having a big loss.

One thing I think we need to do is really beat the shit teams in a big way. We need to not take the foot of the pedal so early. We should smash the Knights. I mean smash them.

This, our best attacking game was against the Raiders and we should aim go one better on the Knights.

McC for 80, McG to start would help.

Beads, Maranta was the player you were asking about the other night aka #20.

Beads, Maranta was the player you were asking about the other night aka #20.

Cheers, looks like he could be next cab off the rank if we need an outside back this year. He looked a decent size.

we are in big trouble if we lose this. the knights have been terrible all year and i dont see it changing against us. the bennett factor is a non issue. bennett cant make his players care about his personal battle to win this game.

Is it true that the last time we played the Knights during the day at Suncorp Stadium (think it was a Sunday too) we beat them 71-6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.