Round 13 - Broncos vs Knights - Post Match Discussion

Not even sure what to make of that. We scored 50 points and yet were pretty bad.

Gillett needs to get his defense sorted out. Newcastle made 5 breaks, I suspect 4 of them involved walking past him.

2 points and a plus 26 points difference is the important thing though. Will need to be better next week without the Origin guys.

this group just need to bank wins, make another finals series, log some more valuable experience and come back better for it .... they're not a title contender yet ..

this group just need to bank wins, make another finals series, log some more valuable experience and come back better for it .... they're not a title contender yet ..

pffffft. Our best chance is this year. Our side will be weaker next year with the departure of Te'o, Beale and Petro

pffffft. Our best chance is this year. Our side will be weaker next year with the departure of Te'o, Beale and Petro

what, so Brisbane isn't allowed to sign players ?

to label this the 'now or never' season with Lockyer just out the door and so many youngsters is just ridiculous

Haven't seen the broncos even rumoured to be signing any players as yet. I think we are a very good chance this year.

I'm watching this on 9, my god is Gillett having a shocker in defence. Hopefully all his fame is not getting to his head.

Gillett had a shocker. We still not showing anything in the halves. Norman had a bad game as did Wallace.

When the worst attacking side puts 24 points on you, you have a point to be disappointed.

Gillett had a shocker. We still not showing anything in the halves. Norman had a bad game as did Wallace.

I thought Wallace was very good and Norman did a few very good things, the rest average. The back line was pretty good with Hodges outstanding.

The forwards were ordinary. No momentum.

Why do we play so flat so much? Little variety in attack and we just use our back row largely as props. We should watch how Manly (gag) use Glen Stewart (gag).

On that performance, which should have been 70 blot, we are not going to trouble the top sides.

Agree with the sentiments re: Gillett. 3 of the Newcastle tries were from missed tackles & poor reads in defence. Not good signs for Origin 2. Praise should go to Parker for his kicking, could have been a different game without it.

Great to score 50 points and get the win, but I found that really disappointing - mainly because of our pathetic defence.

Gillett was one of the worst culprits, missing a number of tackles at quite crucial moments, and I have no idea what he was doing when Fa'aoso scored.

I'm also starting to get a little worried about Jack's Reed's in defence (lolololol). Today wasn't the first time he's made a poor read and conceded a soft try. Last season he was an extremely reliable defender for us, so it's a bit of a surprise to see him getting done up increasingly often. I think he lacks faith in Copley and it's causing him to be indecisive.

It was no coincidence that our game turned to garbage once McCullough went off IMO. Our whole defensive structure just disappeared, and Hunt's service from dummy-half was lacking. McCullough coming back onto the field also coincided with our resurgence - surely Hook will take note of that? I think it's time to bin the Hunt/Macca rotation. It's handy if Macca is having a poor game (he has been prone to inconsistency, I won't argue with that), but the difference between the two in terms of the team's setup is like night and day.

Thought Hodges and Beale were excellent on the right and probably our two best players. Hodges was just his usual self, giving Junior Sa'u a lesson out there, whilst Beale made so many important metres for us.

Losing patience with Norman. He's got absolutely no natural instincts...or if he does, he second guesses them. It's painful to watch him sometimes.

But our real problem is up the middle. Sam Thaiday's defence is atrocious. Boyd and then Fa'aoso ran straight past him for 2 of the 4 tries.

I was one of the ones who ragged on Parker for crap kicking and and am happy to say he has redeemed himself In my eyes! Broncos scared me today but the final score was indicative of the battle. Form in the finals will count most

That was like watching a Toyota Cup match, sure we attacked ok but our defence was woeful.

Losing patience with Norman. He's got absolutely no natural instincts...or if he does, he second guesses them. It's painful to watch him sometimes.

But our real problem is up the middle. Sam Thaiday's defence is atrocious. Boyd and then Fa'aoso ran straight past him for 2 of the 4 tries.

its been said plenty of times in recent times but a lot of the current day up and coming players - halves in particular - are basically coached into playing according to 'the system' ... aka like robots with blinkers on

I reckon Norman has a serious ego problem. He needs to learn to pass the ball and position his supports

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • marw
  • broncsgoat
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.