POST GAME Round 13 - Broncos vs Titans

heartly87

QCup Player
Pat Carrigan needs bit more muscle on him. At the moment he is Arrow 2 years ago. Time will improve him physically and he shows the right stuff at this time to know he is a good investment.

There is no way in hell Boyd is taking a dive. You don't take dive on a small playmaker then hit a frontrower head-on of a kick-off. Just doesn't happen. The issues clearly physical, his legs are not up to it. It is sad to see but i think his leg injuries have crippled him as a fullback. He lacks lateral movement and has the turning arc of an NRL player in Rugby League 2 on ps2.

Milfs game today was clearly a symptom of what happens when everything ends up on his plate. Macca offers nothing, Boyd offers nothing and Turpin though willing was not able to relieve the pressure. Hopefully if he ends up there next week he can get something going with Milf but I fear Macca is the problem as his pass selection is shocking, often out of confusion he goes the wrong way. Apart from that Turpin try. But maybe Tommy D is just more vocal then Milf and Macca really is confused as to whats going on.

Our spine is a major issue for us. Hopefull Toms scan are ok and his time out is short. If not i hope Sos is ready and Turpin gets to move back to hooker. We will see.

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Player
Call it what you want, he got beaten by a good step and piss poor positioning.
I absolutely think he is gone as a player. The only thing keeping him in the side is a lack of options.
You're super close to just getting absolutely muted with takes like that

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Player
Also on Milford, **** me he's hard to watch sometimes. When the team is all running downhill, he'll be in the lead, but as soon as you gotta go the other way, he'll be lagging behind more than half of the time. This is why he isn't playing Origin, he just isn't good enough yet.
I remember as recent as 5 months ago people chuffing at me because I said Munster was a vastly superior player to Milford. Where's that energy now

Kimlo

International Captain
Brisbane
Seibold said Turpin has been our best player in the last month, so he's definitely keeping the 9.

What will be more interesting is if Segs gets a spot in the 17.

If Seibold is deadset on keeping Macca in the team I wouldn't mind seeing Macca at 6, turps 9, Segs 14.

Although I'd rather SOS in the 7, Segs 14 and Macca 24.

Jedhead

NRL Player
And another thing. That's the second time a forward has seriously clattered our young half back (Hipgrave) and not one Bronco ran in to show they had his back. And they all owe Lexy a grovelling fuckin apology (except Turps) for turning in that shitshow for his 250th.

Super Freak

International Captain
Brisbane
There are a lot of negatives regarding Andrew McCullough but just to post a positive from him, it was good work from him to deliver Jake Turpin his first NRL try.

Taking the ball to the line committed Jai Whitbread. Fotuaika and Brimson were expecting the ball to go out to the edges so when McCullough opted for the short pass, it caught them off guard and gave them no chance of stopping Turpin. All Turpin had to do was beat Hipgrave which he did easily.

Allo

NRL Captain
There are a lot of negatives regarding Andrew McCullough but just to post a positive from him, it was good work from him to deliver Jake Turpin his first NRL try.

Taking the ball to the line committed Jai Whitbread. Fotuaika and Brimson were expecting the ball to go out to the edges so when McCullough opted for the short pass, it caught them off guard and gave them no chance of stopping Turpin. All Turpin had to do was beat Hipgrave which he did easily.

A rather vigorous congratulations from Macca too after that try. I don’t know if I’d be as enthusiastic if my replacement was driving more nails into my coffin but hey, credit where it’s due to Mc I guess

Alec

International Rep
Looking at that replay, a few of them had a lot of chances to stop Turpin IMO, that is some shocking defense.

BroncsFan

NRL Player

I'm not sure that was great play from Macca... it was 5th tackle and he took it to the line before dumping off to Turps.

It was more a good first step from Turps to get himself away from the closing defence and into space... watching it live I thought it was a hospital pass from Macca, but the defence was flat footed and Turps worked his way through it.

I thought Macca was looking for the kick in goal to get a repeat, but probably remembered his kicks in goal rarely workout.... Looking at his outside runners it didn't look like any of them were preparing for kick chase anyway suggesting a lack of communication from Macca.

On the other side of the field Glenn was up at the line looking like he was ready to chase through on a Milf kick. Could've been a case of Macca going it alone and not really letting anyone know...

Matheos

BRL Player
Sydney
Tbf, you are comparing an in his prime tedesco to a 31 year old Darius Boyd who is shot as a fullback. Boyd in his prime was far, far better than he is now.
Considering their salaries are near identical, we have to compare them as they are today. Very sad thought...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.