Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

It's not so much the missed tackles that concern me, but his efforts in the tackle. He was losing the physicality and the Gold Coast were getting more ascendency running at him. His carries weren't setting the world alight either.

He'll learn.

He will. He has been good mostly for us, but this was easily his least impressive game. Its only his 6th game and the experience will do him good. Its not always going to be smooth sailing. I dont think any of our forwards today really stood up apart from Lodge honestly, but you are going to get that with young players. I still thought he didnt shirk the tough stuff.

Last edited:
Not sure if you're illiterate or just stupid. Players always talk about funny stories with other players and stuff on podcasts etc. Never heard a player mention Darius Boyd in a positive light. Also, a lot of the Broncos players are quite active on social media (instagram etc.) and you see them post stuff where a few players are out for lunch or at the beach or whatever it might be. Again, never seen Boyd in any of these posts. Sure he has a family, but so do most of the players these days and they are still in these posts.

Wow, so you stalk the players on social media and deduce that Boyd isn't liked because he isn't mentioned then post your theory on a forum and I'm the stupid one.

That'll do me

Wow, so you stalk the players on social media and deduce that Boyd isn't liked because he isn't mentioned then post your theory on a forum and I'm the stupid one.

That'll do me
Is this guy for real?

Having thought the game through I feel the boys just didn't run hard enough today.

I think it was because prior to the bye we had the real tough game with the Rorters and the defencive slog against the Warriors. Coming into this game I think all of the boys were hoping to get the points without having to put the body through the same grind as the two weeks prior.

I hope to God that they lean from this and turn up ready to run and hit hard next week against the Eels.

We have a four/flex ticket and we usually like Sunday games because we get so few, but I wanted to skip this one, just had a feeling it would go this way. Wanted to leave at half time but waited it out. Should have skipped it.

Also wanted to add to the chorus calling for Macca to go, he was deadset awful, Turpin was the only guy on the field trying his guts out and Macca did everything he could to get in his way. Boyd should be forced to retire immeadiately, and we missed Oates so much it wasn't funny. Most of the team played for shit though, no energy and no direction at all.
I too was there with my family including my 5yr old grandson. I went to see the Broncos team that played the Roosters and Warriors and all I got was a side wearing their jerseys.

Not to mention it was his dumb penalty which directly lead to the T.Roberts try. He's been very average so far in first grade, pretty disappointed tbh.
In Patty's defence, the Titans player's dive was Oscar-worthy.

Played today in a badly beaten Tigers side, their only try was from his pass though.

I am watching it now.

Is there any chance of us trying to sign him or another fullback option?
[automerge]1560082168[/automerge]
Until we get a halfback who will let him play his natural game, i dont think he will ever be a real superstar.

Lucky we have Dearden then. Hopefully he gets back as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Our Captain ladies and gents.

Anybody who thinks Darius hasn't just given up in this play is deadset kidding themselves.
[automerge]1560083271[/automerge]
Boyd reminds me of the batsman that starts to lose his balance, you know it's over for him when he can't keep on his feet anymore.

Ponting never lost his balance his whole career, but this was his second last Test.

That made me sad rewatching that @1910. Punter was the best batsmen to ever play the game. He deserved to go out as the highest run scorer of all time.

Last edited:
@Lockysillegitimatechild. So Wallace is shit?
Yes.. He is INCREDIBLY SHIT in origin. As I said, total pea heart who has had 5 chances in origin and not proved it in ONE ORIGIN GAME YET..but hey, let's give him another chance aye, 5 isn't enough?

Yes.. He is INCREDIBLY SHIT in origin. As I said, total pea heart who has had 5 chances in origin and not proved it in ONE ORIGIN GAME YET..but hey, let's give him another chance aye, 5 isn't enough?
Judgemental much! Perhaps like most frontrowers he becomes better as he matures. You know that can happen, right? He has been very good this year and he obviously went well today against an origin forward and a potential origin forward. In a beaten team he's been playing quite well. I wouldn't be so quick to write him off but hey, I'm old and know nothing.

Wallace has hit 200 metres at least 3 matches in a row. That's definitely pretty impressive. That's probably more in 1 round than all his 5 Origins combined.

Just for comparison this year with Klemmer. Klemmer has 10 tackle busts in 11 games, Wallace has 23 in 10 games. He's not terrible especially when you consider their respective teams and how they're going. I'm not making a case that he's better than Klemmer, he isn't. Just that he's better than you give him credit for. He may have had some poor origin games but I wouldn't mark his papers 'never to be picked'.

Wallace has hit 200 metres at least 3 matches in a row. That's definitely pretty impressive. That's probably more in 1 round than all his 5 Origins combined.
Ha ha, not quite but yes, a couple of his origin matches were poor. I just have trouble with neverwasbeens labelling fearless frontrowers 'shit'.

If anyone wants a comparison of how lopsided the reffing was they need only look at Hipgrave's hit on Deardon and TPJ's hit on their kicker.

For mine, i think Deardon's hit was the more brutal of the two yet it was only the TPJ tackle that was penalised.

Of course a guy named Slippin Jimmy is defending Boyd’s theatrics.
Maybe I should change it to Paranoid Jimmy so I can get on board with more of these conspiracy theories.

If anyone wants a comparison of how lopsided the reffing was they need only look at Hipgrave's hit on Deardon and TPJ's hit on their kicker.

For mine, i think Deardon's hit was the more brutal of the two yet it was only the TPJ tackle that was penalised.
I thought the refereeing in the Cows / Manly game was atrocious but yesterday I feel sure both refs were having a private competition of who could get the most boos. Some of the decisions and following replays on the big screen had those around me scratching their heads to say the least. When this is added to your teams lack of attitude and not wanting to be there particularly on a great Brisbane Sunday afternoon it makes me wonder why I bothered. After seeing all the trouble the club went to with players masks for the kids and players posters in the surrounding streets, fireworks etc, how dare they not turn up for the fans at home. Quite clearly one of the most inane, boring and disappointing games I’ve witnessed. I hope Seibold and his assistants take them on a route march this morning into the desert and only bring back those capable of and more importantly ‘wanting’ to be a Bronco.
Sorry for the rant but pissed off big.

Last edited:
Ha ha, not quite but yes, a couple of his origin matches were poor. I just have trouble with neverwasbeens labelling fearless frontrowers 'shit'.
Neverwasbeens? Are you drunk again?
Again with the little personal shot. You can't criticise a player now? I'll remember that next time. He was shit in every origin game he played bar maybe 10 minutes in his final one after many people called him to be dropped. Does shit mean compared to me? Of course not you tosser. It means compared to the other nrl and origin level players who could be picked in front of him. He may come good, but he's had 5 bloody chances. It's the equivalent of nsw picking Pearce, great nrl player but when he faces people who are of the same level he doesn't show up.
Honestly, are you related to him? He was shit for 4/5 origins. How many chances should a guy get? 10,15,20 maybe? What example is he setting.
Neverwasbeens haha put the drink down Mike. Its an Internet forum....

Active Now

• Xzei
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • Cavalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • Adammacca
  • BruiserMk1
  • Gaz
  • IceWorks
  • FACTHUNT
  • johnny plath
  • westy316
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.