Round 13 Discussion

You wouldn't think Parramatta was coming last after that.

I wish we could play as well as the tigers did and put away the knights, not a "win" but a complete domination.

I have to say I'm a big fan of the Tigers, they're one of the most exciting teams to watch.

Ripper of a game between the Rabbits & the Dogs.

Hasn't Inu been some sort of buy for them?

Inu is a cult hero at the dogs after 2 games. Full credit to Des, he is a bloody good coach.

Ball handling was pretty bad in the last 10 minutes and Farrels no try was hilarious.

Dogs remind me so much of the Titans of 2010.

Really s**t in certain departments but they have players who can score points so it balances out.

I don't see any premiership qualities in the Dogs yet.

I don't see any premiership qualities in the Dogs yet.

Hasler is a smart coach. For what they lack in the halves, his game plan for the forwards makes them look so much better and it helped them tonight, with Kasiano and Graham killing it up the middle. Though in saying that about the halves, if Josh Reynolds can keep up his form, he will be one of the best 5/8's in a few years.

Hasler will get them into the finals, but I don't think this is the side he wants just yet and they won't perform to his standard until next year or perhaps the one after.

I like their front row but I wouldn't go further than to say they're good. Kasiano is definitely a weapon, but Des has to protect him a bit more, he can be guilty of bad defensive lapses or some very cheap mistakes.

Their backrow is average & the rest of the side is too enigmatic for my liking.

The Bulldogs squad is very average. Barba and Morris are very good backs, but Turner, Goodwin, Wright, Lai are all average at best IMO. Their halves pairing is weak -- granted Reynolds has a lot of promise but if you ranked their halves they would struggle to make the top 50%.

Their props are very good, and Ennis backs them up well. However, as Pete said, their backrow is quite average.

Frankly, I think the success of the Bulldogs can largely be credited to Des. Whinging aside, I think it's proof that he really is one of the top coaches in the game.

Agreed.

Des hasn't really changed a lot about their attacking style, but you can tell he's given that side an attitude adjustment. Back in the day, Dogs get a few tries scored on them, the game is practically over. Now, they have the resolve to pull themselves out of it.

But they annoy me too. Spent weeks waiting on Finucane getting a game knowing how valuable he could be & thinking their backrow surely wouldn't last that long. Hold out, hold out, hold out until I finally can't hold on anymore and get rid of him for somebody else and sure enough he plays & there's injuries to the backrow giving him the opportunity for more time and more matches. Just my luck this year.

Parra are soup in Cronulla's dish. Hope the Sharks smash that rabble tonight.

I have no idea why Stephen Kearney is only giving Tim Mannah 3 minutes? He is easily their best metre eater and he gets the least amount of minutes? Last year he was a 50minute player. Wonder if he's carrying an injury, or Kearney is just an idiot?

Shows that naming the NSW team before the ruond is over is stupid with the resting of Paul Gallen. SHarkies didn't have the game wrapped up....Do you reckon Flannagan was obeying Sticky?

Something definitely up with Mannah. I wonder if the health of his brother is playing on his mind?

Great comeback by Parra. The hayne plane took of in the 2nd half and soared through the Sharkies. Outstanding fightback that is what happens when you put an effort in and never give up. 4/7 from tipping.

Bluey needs to make some tough calls. I haven't seen a more disastrous season of games this year than what Manu Vatuvei has displayed.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.