Round 13 Discussion

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I really thought Penrith would handle that better than what they did.

Maybe it was because of the flow of the game. It never really got into an arm wrestle at either point with both teams feigning for penalties. Penrith just never found their rhythm with Kenny and May in particular really struggling to create anything.

The Panthers became frustrated and they made things worse for themselves when Edwards put in that nothing kick which Liddle proceeded to pick up and race 90m to score.

The key moment came with 15 to go where Burton put in a horrid kick that resulted in a penalty against his team. Penrith defended the set, but then Brooks puts up a smart cross-field kick for Doueihi who taps it back to Leilua who read the situation well. There was some controversy with it being a penalty try but it was fairly black and white.

It was most likely the loss they had to have but I'm curious to see what sort of disruption Origin provides. They've largely had no adversity to deal with since COVID and if things don't go their way with Origin and they start picking up injuries it could really open the finals up.

NZWarriors.com

NZWarriors.com

NZWarriors.com User
Contributor
May 19, 2021
62.jpg
Sup42 - nzwarriors.com

Watched Wigan vs Catalan in the superleague today.

Near the end Zac Hardacker head butted Sam Tomkins.....Sam's brother Joel lets fly a few punches in defence of his brother.

Can't wait for the heavy stuff in tonights NRL brutal.......stop it...I can't keep this up...

CowboysStampede

CowboysStampede

NYC Player
Contributor
Jun 3, 2021
35.jpg
Jordan - www.cowboysstampede.com.au

1899.jpg
Big Pete - broncoshq.com

I really thought Penrith would handle that better than what they did.

Maybe it was because of the flow of the game. It never really got into an arm wrestle at either point with both teams feigning for penalties. Penrith just never found their rhythm with Kenny and May in particular really struggling to create anything.

The Panthers became frustrated and they made things worse for themselves when Edwards put in that nothing kick which Liddle proceeded to pick up and race 90m to score.

The key moment came with 15 to go where Burton put in a horrid kick that resulted in a penalty against his team. Penrith defended the set, but then Brooks puts up a smart cross-field kick for Doueihi who taps it back to Leilua who read the situation well. There was some controversy with it being a penalty try but it was fairly black and white.

It was most likely the loss they had to have but I'm curious to see what sort of disruption Origin provides. They've largely had no adversity to deal with since COVID and if things don't go their way with Origin and they start picking up injuries it could really open the finals up.

Unless he's just improved massively the last couple of years, I don't think Ivan Cleary is a Bellamy calibre coach where he'll just bring in a completely new spine from reserve grade and it'll work because of the systems he's implemented. Not completely surprised they struggled with 7 regulars out due to Origin. The Panthers just seem to have a freak of nature playing group at the moment. I've never seen anything like it in my time watching footy...probably the Eels of 2001 would be the closest.

Will be interesting to see how they react to it though as it's definitely a new thing for them. Might be improvements in sports science but teams don't seem to get Origin hangovers as bad as they used to. Need something to slow them down though as they don't have Cameron Smith to take it away from them this year.

"In layman's terms, Parry is now the top dog in our football department." Laurence Lancini. July 29, 2018 .

Silvertails.net

Silvertails.net

Silvertails.net User
Contributor
May 19, 2021
2.jpg
Dan - silvertails.net

Penrith have been running on very low injuries, a tonne of calls there way and having a great top 20 or so.

Take both halves and 5 others out of that and they were going to struggle especially with an indifferent bullied schoolkid as a ref.

No team can truly maintain that high quality with that kind of change to the team

Manly has 12 players on the injury list next nearest are the roosters who are apparently desimated

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.

Silvertails.net

Silvertails.net

Silvertails.net User
Contributor
May 19, 2021
2.jpg
Dan - silvertails.net

index.php

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.

NZWarriors.com

NZWarriors.com

NZWarriors.com User
Contributor
May 19, 2021
4275.jpg
BeastMode - nzwarriors.com

2.jpg
Dan - silvertails.net

index.php

Yesterday was West Tigers Grand Final.

Congratulations to them.

NZWarriors.com

NZWarriors.com

NZWarriors.com User
Contributor
May 19, 2021
4275.jpg

35.jpg
Jordan - www.cowboysstampede.com.au

Unless he's just improved massively the last couple of years, I don't think Ivan Cleary is a Bellamy calibre coach where he'll just bring in a completely new spine from reserve grade and it'll work because of the systems he's implemented. Not completely surprised they struggled with 7 regulars out due to Origin. The Panthers just seem to have a freak of nature playing group at the moment. I've never seen anything like it in my time watching footy...probably the Eels of 2001 would be the closest.

Will be interesting to see how they react to it though as it's definitely a new thing for them. Might be improvements in sports science but teams don't seem to get Origin hangovers as bad as they used to. Need something to slow them down though as they don't have Cameron Smith to take it away from them this year.

"In layman's terms, Parry is now the top dog in our football department." Laurence Lancini. July 29, 2018 .

Ivan had a no dickheads policy.

I’m gathering that’s why he let go of Mad Jack Hetherington.

He wasn’t a fan of Krishnan Inu when he was at the Warriors.

If you look at their 1-13, they’re all good dudes. No trying to hump poodles, get into sexual mischief or assault. Just genuinely good people and they ooze of good chemistry.

They are the new benchmark for teams to succeed. It the past it was all about the biff and how big a **** you can be on and off the field. The Panthers have shown that is no longer the secret to success ..... everyone including the grubby players need to walk up and smell the coffee

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Compare that effort from Campbell to Thursday nights debacle.

CowboysStampede

CowboysStampede

NYC Player
Contributor
Jun 3, 2021
1128.jpg
paulo_w - www.cowboysstampede.com.au

4275.jpg

Ivan had a no dickheads policy.

I’m gathering that’s why he let go of Mad Jack Hetherington.

He wasn’t a fan of Krishnan Inu when he was at the Warriors.

If you look at their 1-13, they’re all good dudes. No trying to hump poodles, get into sexual mischief or assault. Just genuinely good people and they ooze of good chemistry.

They are the new benchmark for teams to succeed. It the past it was all about the biff and how big a c**** you can be on and off the field. The Panthers have shown that is no longer the secret to success ..... everyone including the grubby players need to walk up and smell the coffee

Sexual mischief-aren’t the Panthers famous for their sex tapes?

In Todd We Trust
*Contains facts and opinions some may find offensive
”I don’t care if I’m the wise man or dumb man-I just want to be the one to make the decision”

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Can someone tell this idiot Braith that's NOT how you determine whether a pass is forward or not.

NZWarriors.com

NZWarriors.com

NZWarriors.com User
Contributor
May 19, 2021
62.jpg
Sup42 - nzwarriors.com

That young Campbell is tiny. Hope he goes well with his legendary old man looking on.

CowboysStampede

CowboysStampede

NYC Player
Contributor
Jun 3, 2021
953.jpg
Spacey - www.cowboysstampede.com.au

Titans first try, they are doin well.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
**** I really hate NRL commentary nowadays.

All the commentary being about Campbell doing a little step to put Herbert in no space.

They could at least applaud Herbert for the offload that actually set the try up... but realistically the only reason why the try was scored was because the storm winger comes in for absolutely no reason other than replicating Coates wing defence.

They just completely hype up any young player

BruiserMk1

BruiserMk1

NRL Player
Contributor
Sep 9, 2015
Storm upto their old tricks again with a free interchange.

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
Its disgusting how many leg ups the Storm get. When you sit back and pick apart even a 5 minute period its utter bullshit.

Last 5 mins. Tackle 4, Titans attacking, B Smith makes a good front on tackle then wrestles the titan sideways AND onto his back, ref calls milking.

Titans hold ball at back of scrum, Storm all go early, nothing mentioned, nothing given.

Storm player gets hit close to the line where defender really couldnt pull out. Kenny stays down, free interchange and a penalty which leads to a try.

Its fucking garbage 😂

Meanwhile, we have the worst penalty record in the league and don't get them because 'Penalty Broncos'

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
wtf is going on with 'the crackdown'? Is it only shoulder contact with the head now that results in a send off?

CowboysStampede

CowboysStampede

NYC Player
Contributor
Jun 3, 2021
953.jpg
Spacey - www.cowboysstampede.com.au

Nothing is a send off now... Burr and others got served the raw prawn by the NRL

Active Now

• Shane Tronc
  • bb_gun
  • BroncoFan94
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Foordy
  • Lozza
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.