PRE-GAME Round 13 - Dragons vs Broncos

01 Jan 1970 10:00 AM

# Player Player #

Accept

NRL Player
Sep 27, 2016
Threads
a W from the boys is the only option for tonight.
Get em lads!
Expecting a win tonight is a bit unfair for a team that has struggled so badly these past two years. StG are heavy favorites despite having their own concerns. I don't see a win tonight and I'm not sure if it'll even be close. Perhaps with the unpredictable nature of matches these days with the head contact crackdown might swing the match our way like it did against the Roosters or it could go the other way like it did against Manly. Dragons by 10+.

Stu_9

NRL Player
Mar 9, 2018
Threads
Expecting a win tonight is a bit unfair for a team that has struggled so badly these past two years. StG are heavy favorites despite having their own concerns. I don't see a win tonight and I'm not sure if it'll even be close. Perhaps with the unpredictable nature of matches these days with the head contact crackdown might swing the match our way like it did against the Roosters or it could go the other way like it did against Manly. Dragons by 10+.
I am expecting nothing but a win tonight.
I cannot see why we cannot win with only Haas and Staggs missing from our top squad.
Brisbane by 8.

Accept

NRL Player
Sep 27, 2016
Threads
I am expecting nothing but a win tonight.
I cannot see why we cannot win with only Haas and Staggs missing from our top squad.
Brisbane by 8.
Two pretty significant omissions though. Easily the best players on our team. I desperately hope you are spot on with your prediction.

I bleed Maroon

State of Origin Captain
Apr 17, 2013
Threads
I'm pretty nervous about this one and I don't know why exactly. This game is very winnable, or at least under normal circumstances it would be. I'm just worried the lack of Haas is going to seriously blunt our forward rotation, because no doubt Lodge will be playing longer minutes than he is used to, and of course nobody has any faith whatsoever in Flegler to do a job.

I dunno, I just feel like we're in a very vulnerable position to fall on our faces, especially away from home.

thenry

NYC Player
Jul 20, 2017
Threads
i was thiking of throwing a 1k in with a 9k return
Do we have a chance or am i throwing my money away?
If it's play money to you go ahead🤣. I certainly would not risk a grand on us at the moment.

shaunerlo

U18 Player
Jun 18, 2020
Threads
I'm pretty nervous about this one and I don't know why exactly. This game is very winnable, or at least under normal circumstances it would be. I'm just worried the lack of Haas is going to seriously blunt our forward rotation, because no doubt Lodge will be playing longer minutes than he is used to, and of course nobody has any faith whatsoever in Flegler to do a job.

I dunno, I just feel like we're in a very vulnerable position to fall on our faces, especially away from home.
it will go one of two ways we will play like we did against the rosters we will win well orwe will fail like para/ manly and Melbourne games
so rocks and diamonds sigh ... but does makes the odds attractive

BroncosFever

QCup Player
Jun 6, 2014
Threads
The only way the Dragons win is if their halves have a night out because you compare the 2 packs, there's a bit of a difference there.

I can't believe they've picked Jack De Belin either, he was goneski last week in that reserve grade game. The NRL is only faster and more punishing if you can't stay in the fight.

I seriously think if we hold the ball, we could take to them.

BroncsFan

State of Origin Rep
Jul 28, 2016
Threads
The only way the Dragons win is if their halves have a night out because you compare the 2 packs, there's a bit of a difference there.

I can't believe they've picked Jack De Belin either, he was goneski last week in that reserve grade game. The NRL is only faster and more punishing if you can't stay in the fight.

I seriously think if we hold the ball, we could take to them.
Most of their wins are off the back of Dufty and their worst performances have been when Dufty isn't there.

His inclusion far outweighs the halves in my eyes.

Dufty leads the dragons in tries, linebreaks and tackle busts and is 2nd for try assists (behind Bhunt).

This game was winnable until Dufty made a sudden return and Bhunt got snubbed from origin

Jedhead

NRL Captain
Jan 8, 2018
Threads
A bit off subject but I love the training gear the boys have been wearing this week. it sort of gives the boys a fresh new look too.

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
Threads
If it's play money to you go ahead🤣. I certainly would not risk a grand on us at the moment.
No one has a grand to literally set fire to on the Broncos outside of Huge Huge

Poor bugger personally shouted the Sportsbet Christmas Party last year.

BroncosFever

QCup Player
Jun 6, 2014
Threads
Most of their wins are off the back of Dufty and their worst performances have been when Dufty isn't there.

His inclusion far outweighs the halves in my eyes.

Dufty leads the dragons in tries, linebreaks and tackle busts and is 2nd for try assists (behind Bhunt).

This game was winnable until Dufty made a sudden return and Bhunt got snubbed from origin

Makes it harder to believe they apparently don't want a bar of him.

Some players are immune to criticism, Ben Hunt for example.. he's on more than Milford, I watched him legitimately throw a pass last week to a Tiger who was standing in position ready to catch the ball, he literally threw it straight to him.

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
Threads
Makes it harder to believe they apparently don't want a bar of him.

Some players are immune to criticism, Ben Hunt for example.. he's on more than Milford, I watched him legitimately throw a pass last week to a Tiger who was standing in position ready to catch the ball, he literally threw it straight to him.
I would take Ben Hunt on a pay rise at Dummy Half over just 1 x Anthony Milford.

Team P W L PD Pts
15 13 2 344 26
15 13 2 311 26
14 11 3 105 24
14 11 3 176 22
14 9 5 122 20
13 7 6 33 16
15 7 8 -11 14
14 6 8 -44 14
14 6 8 -121 14
14 5 9 -66 12
14 5 9 -70 12
15 6 9 -131 12
14 5 9 -62 10
15 5 10 -132 10
13 2 11 -204 6
15 3 12 -250 6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awal7607

Members online

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.