PRE-GAME Round 13 - Dragons vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

he still has to get paid his contract value as he has options in his favour iirc. Would probably attract better offers if playing in the NRL meaning we would have to pay less freight
Yeah but if he keeps playing NRL than why would he want to lokk else where, and let's face it that he's definitely getting paid overs.

according to nrl.com we haven't won at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium since 1998.

although i'm not sure how many matches we have played there

according to nrl.com we haven't won at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium since 1998.

although i'm not sure how many matches we have played there

Three losses in row since 98 and winning 30-18- Lockyer and Smith two tries.

07- lost 11-4
15- lost 12-10
18- lost 34-12

10 matches in total five wins- lost in 89 and 91 too. 89 was a mud pile and lost 20-10.

Can someone please give me some updates on the following?

Tass - is he good to go or does he have to wait til mid season?

Hetherington/Paix as hooker, story here. Why Danny Levi above these guys?

Why isn't Bully starting 13? He's awesome.

Kennedy seems a goer. Is he going to stay as a benchy? Can he and Flegler replace Lodge?

Piakura Status?

Also, from my observations of Cobbo, he doesn't seem to back up plays and isn't doing the 1%ers yet. I know he can run hard, but I've seen he get beat on the outside and his positioning in D has been lacking. Would love to be proven wrong here. Thoughts?

Kennedy seems a goer. Is he going to stay as a benchy? Can he and Flegler replace Lodge?

Piakura Status?

Also, from my observations of Cobbo, he doesn't seem to back up plays and isn't doing the 1%ers yet. I know he can run hard, but I've seen he get beat on the outside and his positioning in D has been lacking. Would love to be proven wrong here. Thoughts?
Bull is lucky to get minutes with KW as coach. He should be playing way more, but our coach is a pleb.

Piakura Status?
Tass - he’s been going alright from what I’m aware of. I think you will find he debuts later this season or next year
Hetherington/paix - They have both been doing well and progressing well in q-cup and as a result hetherington has taken Levi’s spot on the bench
Bully - I have to disagree it’s bench or nothing for me. He gets bugger all minutes and as a result makes no metres down really he has got the short end of the stick from Kev
Kennedy - he’s got a leg infection I think, at the moment he is in contention for a bench spot next year will depend on the making up of the second row really. I think you’ll find Carrigan and Asiata will be starting (prop and lock) next year. Flegler has a bench spot already and I’m pretty sure they will go with a second rower so really leaves him, bully and Robati who covers both all vying for the 1 bench spot however possibly 2
Piakura - He just hasn’t played much footy this last few months I don’t know if he is a bit injured or what but I think you’ll find he gets his debut in the coming rounds towards the end of the year

Good to go ... Development players have been able to play since round 11

Hetherington has only been able to play since round 11 (development player) ... but in either case the story is the same ... they are being developed and Levi was a stop gap.

Paix in particular needed it ... finally

from the guys on here who have seen play more than me, they suggest he is better suited to the bench. nothing wrong with that, the bench is criminally underrated IMO

@Huge seems to think so

Piakura Status?

developing

Thanks everyone. Sorry for adding more and more qs.

I'm keen to see some of the young guys get a chance to dive in and fire up.

Willison is also coming through, I see. I would prefer to have a wealth of competition for spots than a dearth.

I can see the appeal of Bully on the bench, but he's got more fire than Carrigan, who really was overhyped here, so I feel let down. I know he puts in the work, but man, I would love to see the boys running harder.

I don't think Carrigan is that over hyped he had a good season last year but he is going through the same thing as Lodge was last year, he is a solid Middle player and still young.

Bullemor seems suited for the edge though given his size and speed, not really sure what Kevs plans are with him but I thought he would be infront of Palasia and Riki at this point.

Cobbo actually does back up pretty well, he won't against Dragons most likely because he's on the wing and Isaako sucks at it. Just going off highlights and the couple of games televised Cobbos defence and urgency is one of his most promising attributes to his game.

He has some good ball playing too, he might not have try assists on his stats but that's only because his hands weren't the last to touch the ball. Has created a few with passes to his outside men and had a few line breaks that resulted in tries.

the thing i like about Kevvie's interview when the journos asked about the comparisons between Cobbo and GI/Mitchell is Kevvie's response:

Let's just let him be Selwyn Cobbo ... If he can be Selwyn Cobbo, we'll be very happy

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Aldo
  • Dash
  • broncs30
  • Alec
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • RolledOates
  • Santa
  • MrMoore
  • heartly87
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Tim K
  • The Don
  • Big Del
  • bb_gun
  • Brocko
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Manofoneway
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.