vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

That back line
Clint Eastwood Coffee GIF

I'm excited to see Cobbo play. He's a very raw player but I see a lot of Justin Hodges about him and just how difficult he is to tackle. Every tackle is a struggle and while he's got some things to learn he's one of those high ceiling players us fans have been dying to see. It really has been miserable watching the likes of Elijah Alick and Nikau Te Rupe emerge only for their careers to get cut short by injury. Cobbo is further along in his development and hopefully he kicks on.

Lodge and Glenn will certainly help bolster the pack and I expect the Broncos to be a lot more competitive than what they were against Melbourne. They were in that game until both halves let them down. If Kelly takes that offload to Flegler it's a 12 point turn around and the less said about Milford the better. The opportunities are going to come they just have to take them and make things as difficult as possible for the Dragons. The thing with Griffin coached teams is that there's no Plan B, so if they don't blow you off the park you can catch them out.

This is an exciting period coming up for the Broncos. Finally there's some light at the end of the tunnel and we're starting to see the team come together at long last. There's going to be some bumps in the road but the dog days are coming to an end.

I'm excited to see Cobbo play. He's a very raw player but I see a lot of Justin Hodges about him and just how difficult he is to tackle. Every tackle is a struggle and while he's got some things to learn he's one of those high ceiling players us fans have been dying to see. It really has been miserable watching the likes of Elijah Alick and Nikau Te Rupe emerge only for their careers to get cut short by injury. Cobbo is further along in his development and hopefully he kicks on.

Lodge and Glenn will certainly help bolster the pack and I expect the Broncos to be a lot more competitive than what they were against Melbourne. They were in that game until both halves let them down. If Kelly takes that offload to Flegler it's a 12 point turn around and the less said about Milford the better. The opportunities are going to come they just have to take them and make things as difficult as possible for the Dragons. The thing with Griffin coached teams is that there's no Plan B, so if they don't blow you off the park you can catch them out.

This is an exciting period coming up for the Broncos. Finally there's some light at the end of the tunnel and we're starting to see the team come together at long last. There's going to be some bumps in the road but the dog days are coming to an end.
I think Florence would argue your last point about coming to an end and say the dog days are in actual fact over.

Also St George can't play.

Stay on his wing, score tries. I personally would chose Oates and Mead over Mead and Coates but I guess Kev doesn’t back Mead or Oates to play on the right?
A winger scoring tries is an over-rated stat, 95% of a wingers tries needs to be created by his inside men. How many opportunities has he bombed?

What he has done, is average over 150m a game, shit loads of quick play the balls and only 1 error a game.

A winger scoring tries is an over-rated stat, 95% of a wingers tries needs to be created by his inside men. How many opportunities has he bombed?

What he has done, is average over 150m a game, shit loads of quick play the balls and only 1 error a game.
Not exactly, swap Mead for Oates just as example, how many tries does he lose on mead just because he has no speed?

He does good work coming out of our area but he is too slow for our attacking sets and with free ball.

This is not to say he isn't a good player but he's weakest area speed is a problem.

Not exactly, swap Mead for Oates just as example, how many tries does he lose on mead just because he has no speed?

He does good work coming out of our area but he is too slow for our attacking sets and with free ball.

This is not to say he isn't a good player but he's weakest area speed is a problem.
Too slow for our attacking sets with free ball? Can you explain this a bit for me? Are you saying they can't run an attacking play because he will be 20m behind trying to keep up?

With Haas playing origin, we needed Oates for his metres this week more than ever.

Too slow for our attacking sets with free ball? Can you explain this a bit for me? Are you saying they can't run an attacking play because he will be 20m behind trying to keep up?

With Haas playing origin, we needed Oates for his metres this week more than ever.
Well for starters the tries that Mead has been getting on his side, like the intercepts a few of them Oates wouldn't of had the speed for, but I'm talking about when we break a line with a winger he is soo slow certain tries can be contested, how many times is Herbie the centre out running him.

While he hasn't been bad that try in the Manly game where Saab went around him took off and got it to Turbo for a try really highlighted how slow he was, If Herbie was in the same position just going by the speed he had in the chase he would of easily been in position to catch Saab, I'm certain that is the reason he was Dropped because apart from that he wasn't that bad.

This game will be won in the forwards, particularly if you take Saints current form..

We have had +100m net post contact metres in 2 of our 3 wins this season. Or, our team had more than 100 metres over the forward pack of the opposition. The third game it was basically break even...

Saints last three games see them now approaching -200 metres of post contact.

Thats where this game is won and lost.

I think the inclusion of Dufty means we're well behind now.

The last few weeks without Dufty the dragons have been horrendous in attack... I think he genuinely adds 16 points to their team, so we probably need to score close to 30 to win.

Gamble and Kelly will need to have blinders in the kicking department to keep dragons in their own end, but they still have Norman's massive boot to get them out of trouble.

I just dont think we have enough strike to get close in this game.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kevie is keeping Oates in Reggies to give him the hint to start looking elsewhere.

I think the inclusion of Dufty means we're well behind now.

The last few weeks without Dufty the dragons have been horrendous in attack... I think he genuinely adds 16 points to their team, so we probably need to score close to 30 to win.

Gamble and Kelly will need to have blinders in the kicking department to keep dragons in their own end, but they still have Norman's massive boot to get them out of trouble.

I just dont think we have enough strike to get close in this game.
And Ramsay will be back where he plays well. Then on the other side they Rava back who will not only fix the defense on that wing but hits and runs hard.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kevie is keeping Oates in Reggies to give him the hint to start looking elsewhere.

he still has to get paid his contract value as he has options in his favour iirc. Would probably attract better offers if playing in the NRL meaning we would have to pay less freight

Was Alick the one playing fullback for the Broncos in that U20’s Semi Final against the Cowboys in 2015? The one that almost single-handedly won the game for them?

Edit: Never mind. It was actually Byrnes I was thinking of.

Active Now

• Spoon
  • GCBRONCO
  • theshed
  • Lazza
  • RolledOates
  • Browny
  • Jazza
  • KateBroncos1812
  • mitch222
  • davidp
  • Fitzy
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Kev_Guz
  • Bish
  • Skathen
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.