Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Man, a Broncos upset victory here would make for awesome television. Put that camera on Wayne's face as the boys click finally, then run press all week based on how Fifi is the game changer and Broncos have really lost out. Double down by having Dearden take over for Milf due to injury and speculate that he will also be snatched by the Broncos.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Slightly better image of him on the far right here, not sure who it is either.

View attachment 9116

Any clue @1910?

It's Piakura. Piakura and James are really going well in there. No football sucks but they've made the most of a terrible situation.

Sorry you solved it already.

Last edited:
Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
So paikura seems to be another upcoming “star” and we haven’t locked him past 2021 and teams can approach him after November 1. I just watched his highlights, he looks very promising, So I’m guessing we’ll loose him.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
I hate to say it mate, but you are the reverse nostradamus
It's Piakura. Piakura and James are really going well in there. No football sucks but they've made the most of a terrible situation.

Sorry you solved it already.
James ?? Is he the center we just signed from Marsden ss ?

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
So paikura seems to be another upcoming “star” and we haven’t locked him past 2021 and teams can approach him after November 1. I just watched his highlights, he looks very promising, So I’m guessing we’ll loose him.

I have to say the reporting on Fifita and why he wasn’t locked up earlier is the one thing I do feel sorry for the club over. It’s hindsight hero stuff and it’s pretty shit. If the player becomes a star it looks like you did the wrong thing by not signing them to a multi year contract, but if you lock them up long term and they don’t come good they are attacked for that.

The club has got themselves into a mess through paying on potential and it looks like they have finally learnt there lesson yet it is just another avenue for the media to attack.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I have to say the reporting on Fifita and why he wasn’t locked up earlier is the one thing I do feel sorry for the club over. It’s hindsight hero stuff and it’s pretty shit. If the player becomes a star it looks like you did the wrong thing by not signing them to a multi year contract, but if you lock them up long term and they don’t come good they are attacked for that.

The club has got themselves into a mess through paying on potential and it looks like they have finally learnt there lesson yet it is just another avenue for the media to attack.
That last line of yours, there's something else in it. That thing is something all of us need to dig into. It's what WB tried to teach us and I got his message early. It's that it doesn't fucking matter what the media say, what matters is how we deal with it. WB wiped his arse with their opinions and attacks. He never felt inclined to feed the vultures. We collectively should lower our care factor to zero just as the old jedi did. In fact he played mind tricks on them, a master manipulator who felt nothing but disdain for them. Later on he accepted them as part of the deal but I doubt he ever felt differently.

I don't care what they say and value the opinions on this forum more highly regardless of whether I agree or not with them. We should be a little more insular, disinterested. Nothing to do with us type of attitude. We keep clicking, they keep sticking.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013

And that would make sense if this kid didn’t look like the next SBW, have a strong work ethic and already won games on his own. You could understand if it were a Flegler, Bullemor or even a Farnworth but this kid had superstar written all over him. This one is on the club. If it looked like he was umming and ahhing 12 months ago, slap a deadline on him. They didn’t and it blew up in their face.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
And that would make sense if this kid didn’t look like the next SBW, have a strong work ethic and already won games on his own. You could understand if it were a Flegler, Bullemor or even a Farnworth but this kid had superstar written all over him. This one is on the club. If it looked like he was umming and ahhing 12 months ago, slap a deadline on him. They didn’t and it blew up in their face.

Strong work ethic?

ozzball

ozzball

QCup Player
Mar 17, 2013
This has been the season from hell but if there's one game that I 'm desperate for us to win .. it's this one, for so many reasons. I'm sick to the teeth of the "poor little Latrell" whiners and yet Milford (who his having the worst time of his playing career for whatever reason) is just fair game for the "pundits", who think they can dish out words like pathetic and disgusting at the drop of a hat without any concern for his "mental state" (not defending him just looking for balance). I want to see Bennett choke on his sardonic grin, I have no time at all for the man any more. Su'A and Roberts won't be there which is a shame. I could go on and on but will spare you the boredom. Suffice to say if ever we were gonna turn things around ... this is the time. Thanks for listening.

Last edited:
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
This has been the season from hell but if there's one game that I 'm desperate for us to win .. it's this one, for so many reasons. I'm sick to the teeth of the "poor little Latrell" whiners and yet Milford (who his having the worst time of his playing career for whatever reason) is just fair game for the "pundits", who think they can dish out words like pathetic and disgusting at the drop of a hat without any concern for his "mental state" (not defending him just looking for balance). I want to see Bennett choke on his sardonic grin, I have no time at all for the man any more. Su'A and Roberts won't be there which is a shame. I could go on and on but will spare you the boredom. Suffice to say if ever we were gonna turn things around ... this is the time. Thanks for listening.

I would love to see us win and Seibold do a victory dance on the sidelines.

Unfortunately, it's going to be the other way around and it's going to be Bennett doing a victory dance in the sheds.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
I would love to see us win and Seibold do a victory dance on the sidelines.

Unfortunately, it's going to be the other way around and it's going to be Bennett doing a victory dance in the sheds.
I fear you are right, a lot of teams and/or players seem to have a reason to "get up" to play us but our team seems to have no similar motivation.

Last years results against Souths were real kicks in the teeth and i hated watching Bennett have his seizure in the sheds after the game but after sitting through many weeks of humiliating losses this year i doubt a similar showing from Bennett will register with me.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I actually have greater fears if we do win. I always want the team to win but after gradual 'improvement' if we beat Bennett twice in the year I honestly feel like that will be enough for the board to not get rid of Seibold. It would be winning the battle but losing the war.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
I actually have greater fears if we do win. I always want the team to win but after gradual 'improvement' if we beat Bennett twice in the year I honestly feel like that will be enough for the board to not get rid of Seibold. It would be winning the battle but losing the war.
Yeah, once a fan has made up their mind about wanting the coach gone there is a silver lining to some losses which i have felt lately...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • azza.79
  • Foordy
  • MrMoore
  • Dexter
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • BroncosAlways
  • davidp
  • Culhwch
  • Johnny92
  • Dash
  • Scdeac
  • Rambstien
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.