Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Yeah, and at the end of the day that's he will give you. 12 to 15 tries a year and a big defensive headache that will free up his inside half. Not worth 1.2m but super valuable. I'm just fkn pissed we couldn't find a way to keep this pack together.

They all want 1m a year, and the rot started with Lodge needing a lot of cash to pay back his legal liabilities. All of them will be turned into pay me now mercenaries, that kinda started with Lodge situation, and had fuse lit with Haas big early contract.

Nothing really wrong with what we did with those two, but when you chuck in bird and Milfs awful form , the detonation was primed for everyone half decent to want 1m a year.

Lodge's money issues was the real start imo

Yeah the Titans might have made a mistake paying big for Fifi but imo it pales in comparison to our mistakes. We're going to be dealing with those mistakes for years.

One thing I did notice was Souths playing around with JD pregame like they do with Benny. Nobody does that with Siebs, they behave like he’s the teacher...

One thing I did notice was Souths playing around with JD pregame like they do with Benny. Nobody does that with Siebs, they behave like he’s the teacher...

Which is funny as the consensus of him is that he tries to be everyone’s mate too much. Sounds like those try-hard teachers that thought they were cool but were really:

Last night, up until the 17th minute mark we had been penalised and had a number of 6 again calls (think it was 6 or 7 in total) go against us that were simply explainable. Now taking into account we are not exactly setting the place on fire with our structures and set plays there was no way Souths could have been totally error free for the same amount of time.

After seeing the bunker rule Lodge played at the ball in the captain's challenge I switched off. Like many other successful challenges Lodge was not looking at the ball and was simply trying to make a tackle. The bunker clown's call was "Lodge showed intention to strip the ball"!

So does that mean he never intentionally stripped the ball but he was looking like he was planning to? The doubt in the bunker's call suggests cognitive dissonance in the decision he's made and it was enough for me to call it quits on the latest installment of the - 2020 Duping the Broncos show .

The "50/50" call when the Souths player was pushed over the sideline was a howler - even the Souths player knew the ball was still in play and he was moving and in danger of going out as he managed to get the ball offloaded albeit a second too late as he was now touching the line. Any other game the ref would have ruled that play on.

I'm not about to go through every contentious call, I'd be here all day Christ. However, over the last 10 weeks we have been shafted quite comprehensively by both the ref and the bunker. The fact we can all see the obvious ones, and whinge about never getting the rub of the green on the 50/50 ones suggests there is more to it than just 'the way the game is'. If that is the case, if that is the way the game is now I'm looking seriously for another sport to follow.

I can see the player's frustrations. They know it's happening. To train your butt off all week and then be caned relentlessly for the first 20 minutes to ensure you're fatigued and unable to compete on a level playing field is doing their heads in.

Why the club is not supporting these boys and drawing the NRL's attention to what is an obvious anomaly is mind numbingly baffling. I know they don't want to give the younger players an excuse to not try by saying it's the poor reffing of the game and not you. They don't have to worry about that if they raise it once and make it very strongly (10K worth strongly) and then having said their piece move on.

The younger players could cop that and would be less inclined to feel defeated knowing they're in an us against them situation. It's what our club was built on for God's sake!

But for the club to say nothing week in and week out is unforgivable, and just another sad indictment of how clueless the front office is at present. It really is a case of young lions being led by meek donkeys.

I can see most of our young guns are trying, they need the front office to show them some much needed support and simply raise the stats with the NRL and ask for a 'please explain'. Until they take strong and conclusive action on this and then resolve how to get rid of the rogue fraudster who is masquerading as a head coach whose ideas are systematically ruining our playing roster I'm switching off from the whole shitshow for now.

Rant over!!
I am right with you on this, it is obvious to anyone without blinkers on that something is not right with the one way calls. I am down to watching one game a week. The Broncs game and that is it, that is how sick of the game I am.

I am really starting to think this is all about the new side they want to bring in. You keep the Broncos out of finals contention and hope that fans drop off right in time to follow the new Brisbane team. A successful Broncos is the worse thing for a new Brisbane side. Nobody would want to support the Bombers or Firebirds if the Broncos are playing in the GF's. The only thing I will be switching is my tv off and switching from watching the NRL to the QRL. I can support my local team by attending home games and that would be enough for me if this crap continues. I am fully convinced this about corporate money and fan base shift. The NRL will do everything in their power to make the new side be a success even if it sinks the Broncos for the next decade.

Our coach can't even call it out, he has no venom in him, no emotion. He is a media whipping boy and I am sick of him. Sick of his placid face.
Sick of our Club not saying anything, Darren also due to his 9 contract will also not call anything out.

Granted all of the above is not the only reason we suck. A team with more class would likely overcome the odds, a better coached team would not get dominated so easily and an actual Coach would come out and hammer the refs and the media.

Last night, up until the 17th minute mark we had been penalised and had a number of 6 again calls (think it was 6 or 7 in total) go against us that were simply explainable. Now taking into account we are not exactly setting the place on fire with our structures and set plays there was no way Souths could have been totally error free for the same amount of time.

After seeing the bunker rule Lodge played at the ball in the captain's challenge I switched off. Like many other successful challenges Lodge was not looking at the ball and was simply trying to make a tackle. The bunker clown's call was "Lodge showed intention to strip the ball"!

So does that mean he never intentionally stripped the ball but he was looking like he was planning to? The doubt in the bunker's call suggests cognitive dissonance in the decision he's made and it was enough for me to call it quits on the latest installment of the - 2020 Duping the Broncos show .

The "50/50" call when the Souths player was pushed over the sideline was a howler - even the Souths player knew the ball was still in play and he was moving and in danger of going out as he managed to get the ball offloaded albeit a second too late as he was now touching the line. Any other game the ref would have ruled that play on.

I'm not about to go through every contentious call, I'd be here all day Christ. However, over the last 10 weeks we have been shafted quite comprehensively by both the ref and the bunker. The fact we can all see the obvious ones, and whinge about never getting the rub of the green on the 50/50 ones suggests there is more to it than just 'the way the game is'. If that is the case, if that is the way the game is now I'm looking seriously for another sport to follow.

I can see the player's frustrations. They know it's happening. To train your butt off all week and then be caned relentlessly for the first 20 minutes to ensure you're fatigued and unable to compete on a level playing field is doing their heads in.

Why the club is not supporting these boys and drawing the NRL's attention to what is an obvious anomaly is mind numbingly baffling. I know they don't want to give the younger players an excuse to not try by saying it's the poor reffing of the game and not you. They don't have to worry about that if they raise it once and make it very strongly (10K worth strongly) and then having said their piece move on.

The younger players could cop that and would be less inclined to feel defeated knowing they're in an us against them situation. It's what our club was built on for God's sake!

But for the club to say nothing week in and week out is unforgivable, and just another sad indictment of how clueless the front office is at present. It really is a case of young lions being led by meek donkeys.

I can see most of our young guns are trying, they need the front office to show them some much needed support and simply raise the stats with the NRL and ask for a 'please explain'. Until they take strong and conclusive action on this and then resolve how to get rid of the rogue fraudster who is masquerading as a head coach whose ideas are systematically ruining our playing roster I'm switching off from the whole shitshow for now.

Rant over!!
I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling like this. I told my gf that I felt so bad for those young guys yesterday. This must just **** their heads. They aren't bad players but they're being torn down week by week. This week the reffing was more obviously biased, but I've been saying it for weeks. The damage of the 6-again calls is done in the first 10 minutes and has been focussed on Brisbane since the restart. I'm unfortunately addicted to the sport and my team and I turn on every single week hoping to see a fair game. It's just not happening.

They didn't on Nine. They questioned a number of calls.
I think 9s days of covering the football are numbered. Fox has too much cash and influence on the game and the NRL are too greedy.

We were at times. Still conceded an overlap try on Staggs/Coates edge.

Ref was whistle and 6-again happy, and blatantly inconsistent against us, which didn’t let us get a look in for long parts of the game and resulted in huge momentum swings.

Lodge still looks underdone, bench usage was garbage again. Haas forced to play 80.

Dearden was bloody excellent, ran the line and sold some sweet dummies and broke through the defence a couple of times. just needs to improve his kicking game and he’ll be amazing
Just to add that a number of the penalties were get out of own half penalties and not 6-again calls. Strange that. Very selective.

I am right with you on this, it is obvious to anyone without blinkers on that something is not right with the one way calls. I am down to watching one game a week. The Broncs game and that is it, that is how sick of the game I am.

I am really starting to think this is all about the new side they want to bring in. You keep the Broncos out of finals contention and hope that fans drop off right in time to follow the new Brisbane team. A successful Broncos is the worse thing for a new Brisbane side. Nobody would want to support the Bombers or Firebirds if the Broncos are playing in the GF's. The only thing I will be switching is my tv off and switching from watching the NRL to the QRL. I can support my local team by attending home games and that would be enough for me if this crap continues. I am fully convinced this about corporate money and fan base shift. The NRL will do everything in their power to make the new side be a success even if it sinks the Broncos for the next decade.

Our coach can't even call it out, he has no venom in him, no emotion. He is a media whipping boy and I am sick of him. Sick of his placid face.
Sick of our Club not saying anything, Darren also due to his 9 contract will also not call anything out.

Granted all of the above is not the only reason we suck. A team with more class would likely overcome the odds, a better coached team would not get dominated so easily and an actual Coach would come out and hammer the refs and the media.
Absolutely. The Conspiracy 101 thread is begging for you to add some thoughts.

The NRL definitely appears biased lately. Stripping back the referee seems a little to convenient. The Latrell head high on Fusitua was called a knock on/no try no penalty and spoken of that way in the media (Stirlo in this case who i expected better from tbh). Giving diamond rings out and rolling out the red carpet to SBW. Vlandy's can go jump.

Ch9 are definitely gone. They nearly went early Covid.

Last edited:
I hope not. Moving to pay is a surefire way to kill the code.
I know. But that is pretty much the Australian way now. Put all your eggs in the get rich quick basket.
Edit: for reference please see:
Mining boom vs Biotech boom
Solar vs Coal (both in tech funding and encouraging private home owners to change)
Fibre optic vs Copper (NBN)
Selling off land and property to Chinese investors
The Murray Darling water sell-off
Agricultural investment schemes (e.g. GRDC-Bayer HIP Program)
University fees
Defunding TAFEs
Franking credits

Everything is a get rich quick scheme these days.

Last edited:
Yep walker and gagai just showed the comp how to nullify an approx 1.25 mil a year player. Just get up in his face early with numbers and get under his skin.

I think the titans have once again screwed themselves over throwing all their eggs in the fifita basket. If an average souths can work him out, the top tier teams should do so easily.

Just remember who that 1.25mil player is currently being coached by. I don't think there's much to figure out at present.

what happened to paddy...only 40 odd minutes last night..? Was he injured or HIA or something..?

Add to the list of things Croft isnt; he isnt a 5/8th.....

I am starting to think he has very little future in the NRL......his career will never recover from this season...particularly when playing next to our Lord and Saviour Dearden (sorry Turps, you had your chance.....no hard feelings..?)
I think he was just given a break (ie. managing his load) as he was playing 80 for the last 3-4 weeks and we had Lodge and Offa on the bench to pick up some of his minutes.

I think he reverts to his 60mins per game moving forward

On Croft I will say that game was probably the first time he's played NRL as the left edge half... that's not an excuse just some context, because he was completely ineffective. Maybe he'll grow into it a bit with Milf out for 4 weeks

Last edited:

Active Now

• broncoscope
  • Galah
  • Xzei
  • Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • lynx000
  • GCBRONCO
  • Justwin
  • Browny
  • Jazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.