Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

It would be ridiculous to give Dearden the captaincy. He needs to just concentrate on his own game. Carrigan is clearly the next in line, but i still dont think right now he should have the burden either.

Hold on, I've been told a half can't be dominant if their forwards don't lay a platform. Something doesn't add up here....
Look he played well but he wasn’t dominant. Our team scored 10 points and he had 1.5 line breaks
[automerge]1596808455[/automerge]
Yeah we’d have to get beaten by 50 every game from hereon to match that, I got over-excited... 😆
This is not outside the realms of possibility
[automerge]1596808465[/automerge]

Last edited:
please explain what he offers?

Not gonna derail another thread with this. You don’t rate him, I do. That’s fine, it was just playful jabs from my side about that.

edit: just saw the appropriate thread you’ve posted in as well. We’ll keep it there

Last edited:
Not gonna derail another thread with this. You don’t rate him, I do. That’s fine, it was just playful jabs from my side about that.

edit: just saw the appropriate thread you’ve posted in as well. We’ll keep it there

I rate him, but I also rated Macca. I really don’t see too much difference in their game to be honest. My appearance of not rating him might stem from that. I fail to see how he is that much of an upgrade from Macca.

944 they gave up with a few 60+ efforts by the Magpies in 1999. Funnily enough Shane Perry and Harvey Howard would join the Broncos and win a premiership in doing so.
Harvey Howard was like two levels above anyone in that team and from memory he might have been in his second season, I just remember him as pure gold in a shit pile. Absolutely wasted with the rubbish team in he was in.

Still looked more lethal as a runner from dummy half than Turpin did. Turpin just passes from dummy half and offers not much else. Macca 2.0.
I've seen one good game from Paix the rest was average, Turpin is a proper Hooker not a makeshift one like Paix.

Aside from all the obvious problems we have, we are a mentally weak / fragile team and further still, we have no ticker and no mongrel.

When things get tough, we don’t fire up, we simply roll over and concede. We are soft and meek. It’s pathetic.

how long is it going to take for these guys to learn to not strip at the ball,you just cant afford to do this as a bronco.offa can sit for the rest of the season, only was watching between doing stuff at work but was it him that got lippy with the ref?

Last edited:
Look he played well but he wasn’t dominant.

Fair cop, but he did look willing and competitive in a team that was pretty well beaten by half time and had more than a few of his teammates dropping their heads. Nice to see from one of our halves.

I just hope that attitude isn't beaten out of him.

After watching the Fifita try again , I must say the work off the ball was pretty nice. Dare I say, nice shapes even.

what happened to paddy...only 40 odd minutes last night..? Was he injured or HIA or something..?

Add to the list of things Croft isnt; he isnt a 5/8th.....

I am starting to think he has very little future in the NRL......his career will never recover from this season...particularly when playing next to our Lord and Saviour Dearden (sorry Turps, you had your chance.....no hard feelings..?)

how long is it going to take for these guys to learn to not strip at the ball,you just cant afford to do this as a bronco.offa can sit for the rest of the season, only was watching between doing stuff at work but was it him that got lippy with the ref?

Other teams seem to strip the ball so well because they probably actually train for it so players know when to drop off the tackle to make it 1 on 1. The broncos obviously have no idea how to communicate this play.

Tell you what, it's obviously a bit late for it.. but a Benji & Dearden halves pairing for the last couple of years would've gone alright.

Stephen Hawking and Caitlin Jenner would be a better pairing than what has been dished up for the last couple of years.

Last night, up until the 17th minute mark we had been penalised and had a number of 6 again calls (think it was 6 or 7 in total) go against us that were simply unexplainable. Now taking into account we are not exactly setting the place on fire with our structures and set plays there was no way Souths could have been totally error free for the same amount of time.

After seeing the bunker rule Lodge played at the ball in the captain's challenge I switched off. Like many other successful challenges Lodge was not looking at the ball and was simply trying to make a tackle. The bunker clown's call was "Lodge showed intention to strip the ball"!

So does that mean he never intentionally stripped the ball but he was looking like he was planning to? The doubt in the bunker's call suggests cognitive dissonance in the decision he's made and it was enough for me to call it quits on the latest installment of the - 2020 Duping the Broncos show .

The "50/50" call when the Souths player was pushed over the sideline was a howler - even the Souths player knew the ball was still in play and he was moving and in danger of going out as he managed to get the ball offloaded albeit a second too late as he was now touching the line. Any other game the ref would have ruled that play on.

I'm not about to go through every contentious call, I'd be here all day Christ. However, over the last 10 weeks we have been shafted quite comprehensively by both the ref and the bunker. The fact we can all see the obvious ones, and whinge about never getting the rub of the green on the 50/50 ones suggests there is more to it than just 'the way the game is'. If that is the case, if that is the way the game is now I'm looking seriously for another sport to follow.

I can see the player's frustrations. They know it's happening. To train your butt off all week and then be caned relentlessly for the first 20 minutes to ensure you're fatigued and unable to compete on a level playing field is doing their heads in.

Why the club is not supporting these boys and drawing the NRL's attention to what is an obvious anomaly is mind numbingly baffling. I know they don't want to give the younger players an excuse to not try by saying it's the poor reffing of the game and not you. They don't have to worry about that if they raise it once and make it very strongly (10K worth strongly) and then having said their piece move on.

The younger players could cop that and would be less inclined to feel defeated knowing they're in an us against them situation. It's what our club was built on for God's sake!

But for the club to say nothing week in and week out is unforgivable, and just another sad indictment of how clueless the front office is at present. It really is a case of young lions being led by meek donkeys.

I can see most of our young guns are trying, they need the front office to show them some much needed support and simply raise the stats with the NRL and ask for a 'please explain'. Until they take strong and conclusive action on this and then resolve how to get rid of the rogue fraudster who is masquerading as a head coach whose ideas are systematically ruining our playing roster I'm switching off from the whole shitshow for now.

Rant over!!

Last edited:

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Santa
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Painin the Haas
  • Culhwch
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Griffo
  • BroncosAlways
  • IceWorks
  • Ozired
  • mitch222
  • Lurker
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.