Round 13 - Raiders vs Broncos - LIVE Discussion

McGuire had an enormous half and good to see the coach give him a full half of footy because he really relished in it. Gillett and Hodges also very strong as were Hannant and Parker.

Ease up, we've played very well, Canberra haven't need as bad as you're implying...

Could be better but a 12 nil lead going into half time isn't too bad.

Was whipping up dinner through much of that, so wasn't the most attentive. Seems like Canberra were making pretty easy metres both through the middle and out wide? Luckily goal line defence has been tight. Conversely I thought we weren't making much ground but Hunt has kept us in it through some pretty tight kicking.

broncos seem to be doin good atm. im surprised with how well the raiders are defending and goin tbh. there attacking plays are still a little rusty but they been impressive. it wont be a pushover like some of us thought originally. will still have to earn this win if we want the points

Haha, love this discussion about the commentary.

The crazy thing is, Brandy has probably been the most pro-Bronco caller on commentary. The main caller, Russell, has always been a bit pro-Raider and Gaz has really stood up this year as anti-Brisbane, ever since the Auckland 9s where he flat out said he had no idea how the Broncos had made it that far and was incredibly disappointed in them.

Not a bad performance tonight. Raiders are playing well, not fantastic, but getting off the line quickly and Campese's kicking game has been spot on. They have wilted a bit but I think our defence on the left edge has been fantastic and really forced their hand on occasions too.

Hopefully they keep it up for the full 80.

Winning these sorts of games are the sign of a quality team.

It's a wet, cold night in Canberra. The attack was never going to be as good as a dry, warm Sunday afternoon in Brisbane.

I think we've been getting held down for an age in the ruck and that's been disrupting a lot of our plays and our ability to get the ball wider.

Reed has been great in defence. Hodges great in attack. Barba with a strong try saver. All the forwards have been strong, even Lowrie.

Overall defence has been excellent. We should score another 2 or 3 tries in the second half and hold them to nil. That'd be real nice.

Hannant has been superb, re-sign him and get him in the starting line-up asap

McGuire had an enormous half and good to see the coach give him a full half of footy because he really relished in it. Gillett and Hodges also very strong as were Hannant and Parker.

As has been pointed out, his best performances are when he plays 65 mins +. But he's only young, it'd burn him out doing it all the time, especially when we have another 60+ minute prop in Hannant on the bench.

Winning these sorts of games are the sign of a quality team.

agreed raiders are giving nothing away while there attack the first half wasnt crash hot i thought there defense has been outstanding best ive seen from them all year. and theyt still have enough individual brilliance to score some points especially in the last 20 minutes of this game. so hopefully the broncos can play smart footy and give nothing away.

Jesus Christ. Can't believe some of the negativity. We are playing Canberra in Canberra somewhere we haven't won in god knows how long and we are winning by 12-0 at half time and people still complain.

How ow times have changed. Four weeks ago people would be jumping for joy at that halftime score.

On the game I thought we've played extremely well. Done exactly what we needed to do. Play field position and hold the ball and we should win the game. Canberra have been good IMO apart from their end to the sets!

Anyone knowbthe last time we won in Canberra

There is a difference between playing on a dry Brisbane field during the day, to a dewy wet Canberra track on a cold night.

Ahh true that, been so warm up here I forget Canberra's a frigid hellhole..

First penalty of the match

Canberra weather - local weather forecast

99646.png

That's a nasty crusher on Lowrie.

1st penalty of the match after 40 minutes. Pretty good actually. The less the better.

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • MrTickyMcG
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • Tim K
  • Browny
  • Rookie Alan
  • eggstar10
  • mrtij
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncsgoat
  • Fitzy
  • Foordy
  • Santa
  • FACTHUNT
  • Midean
  • Gaz
  • Bish
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Xzei
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.