Round 13 - Raiders vs Broncos - Pre-Match discussion

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Reece Robinson hat-trick tomorrow night.

Book it.

Brisbane always have a knack for letting crappy players (Stapleton, Zillman etc.) look tons better than they are.

M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013
Pretty sure Milford is playing, isn't he?
I believe so, the original rumours sounded like a joke with him suffering bronchitis and Tupou withdrawing from reserve grade gave it extra momentum, I'll be very surprised if he doesn't play.

On Robbo, on his day he can be a great attacking fullback but those days are too rare also his positioning is pretty poor and seems to hate contact.

M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013
Brisbane always have a knack for letting crappy players (Stapleton, Zillman etc.) look tons better than they are.
Just on Zilly, not sure how aware you guys are of his junior reputation but he had wraps on him almost as big as Milf does, two knee recons later and he's not half the player he could've been.

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Just on Zilly, not sure how aware you guys are of his junior reputation but he had wraps on him almost as big as Milf does, two knee recons later and he's not half the player he could've been.

Haha, yeah I remember those days quite well. 2007 seems like a long time ago now.

This was back in 2012 where Zillman was hands down the worst fullback in the game and he absolutely tore Brisbane to pieces.

Donald

Donald

QCup Player
Mar 25, 2013
If I was Dale Copley I'd be playing my heart out tonight on the wing. He has not be in the frame for the wing spot for QLD if slater and Ingliss are out. Their talking about gagai because his is big and strong. Copley is huge and has been playing great footy this year. Put him outside hodges and move Tate outside chambers if worst comes to worst.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Looks like a decent night in Canberra according to the weather bureau. It does no justice to the game to be playing in dewy and slippery conditions and if Brisbane turn up tonight expecting a continuation of their Manly form then they may be in trouble. Cold and slippery is what Canberra train in and I hope Griffin has been working on lots of change of direction plays. It's essential we keep Canberras bigger forwards moving laterally or side to side if you like.

I'm not confident we can win but know the sides capable of a win, we have been competitive all year despite having the years least effective 5/8. I don't blame Hoggman personally, he is after all only doing what he is told, I just wish he would be honest and ask Griffin to give someone else a shot. Give Nicholls a chance, one game can't hurt, it should be enough.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
After last week's performance, I find myself in the odd situation of looking forward to tonight's match!

Please don't let me down, Broncs.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I'm excited in seeing some more sweet Hodges cut out passes.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Gonna be a balmy 10 degrees at kickoff.

Feels like a win by a lot or lose by a lot game.

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
I wish they'd show the 20's on Foxtel.

Anyway, weather forecast says possible showers and around 10 degrees - Canberra Forecast

No doubt it'll be overcast and the ground will be slippery and shitty. Hope our forwards are pumped up because it's going to be a much different game than a dry, Sunday afternoon at Suncorp.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I just checked the odds and we are well favoured to win. The punter in me thinks Canberra should be favourite or at least even money. Home turf, shitty weather, cold as charity and an un-televised Monday night game....

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Bit of trivia; Ben Barba turns 25 this Friday, 13th June.

TerryG

TerryG

Jun 9, 2014
I just checked the odds and we are well favoured to win. The punter in me thinks Canberra should be favourite or at least even money. Home turf, ****ty weather, cold as charity and an un-televised Monday night game....

Smash them bro!

I'm betting hard out on the Broncos (I don't know if it's bad manners to post my betting receipt here as proof, so I won't)

The Raiders have nothing this season except gratitude that dispite having Sticky as coach, the Sharkies will save them from the spoon - this year.

Get an explosive early lead and the Raiders heads will go down and they'll basically defeat themselves.

Carn Broncos.

Unread

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Brocko
  • something
  • Mustafur
  • pennywisealfie
  • rnabokov
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.