Round 13 - Raiders vs Broncos - Pre-Match discussion

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Inglis just went down in the Souffs game with a rather nasty looking ankle injury (he limped off the field).

Looks like Benny Barba has a chance to stake his claim for the Maroons number 1.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Inglis just went down in the Souffs game with a rather nasty looking ankle injury (he limped off the field).

Looks like Benny Barba has a chance to stake his claim for the Maroons number 1.

Are you serious? He has no form. What he has showed is a complete lack of ability to be Origin FB for what is the most important game in 8 years ... the end of a dynasty ... or not. He has shown only glimpses, and looks way to shaky under the high ball that he would get in spades from the NSW kickers.

No way. I'd rather Milford or Morgan although I bet Boyd is at the back.

The only claim Barba has to stake is his worthiness to wear the broncos No. 1 by showing what he's got

Last edited:
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Are you serious? He has no form. What he has showed is a complete lack of ability to be Origin FB for what is the most important game in 8 years ... the end of a dynasty ... or not. He has shown only glimpses, and looks way to shaky under the high ball that he would get in spades from the NSW kickers.

No way. I'd rather Milford or Morgan although I bet Boyd is at the back.

The only claim Barba has to stake is his worthiness to wear the broncos No. 1 by showing what he's got

But maybe if Barba thinks he is a chance ... he finally gets back to the form we know he is capable of and tears Canberra to shreds

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Barba certainly has extra incentive to play well now, even though i personally think he's no hope of playing for QLD this year.

Same game plan as last week please, with some added extra early ball to Hodges out wide.

It's been too long since we've seen him run onto a nice outside ball and into open spaces.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
This year is all about building our spine. There's no need to switch it all up this year if we're going to switch it all around again.

Hoffman at 5/8th is just about filling a similar role til Mlilford comes to take the spot next year. Seriously, all it is. They are a similar frame after all.....imagine releasing Hoffman and inserting Milford.....what an upgrade!

Nothing else would change. That's the plan.

Last edited:
Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011

Barba would need a game of epic proportions to make the Origin team he has barely looked like a first grader for most of the year despite a glimpse here and there.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Darius to 1 the back, insert capable winger who is next in line behind Chambers.

That is if Billy is out.

Looking more likely Billy and DCE will play. Meaning really only the 14 jersey is up for grabs. Most likely that will go to Jake Friend. Chambers into Inglis jersey.

However we cut it, Qld in trouble, but they would need to be in much greater trouble for Barba to be anywhere near the squad at the moment.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
the problem we face on Monday, is that with Inglis and Slater potentially out of Origin 2, Milford will see himself as a genuine contender for the full back position (especially since his name is being talked about as a possible bench player)...

and IMO, that spells DANGER for us

Donald

Donald

QCup Player
Mar 25, 2013
Rumor is Milford might be out and Tupou in for him.

Good news for us if true

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Rumor is Milford might be out and Tupou in for him.

Good news for us if true

If Milford is out ... have the Raiders actually got anything left, he is their sole attacking player.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
If Milford is out ... have the Raiders actually got anything left, he is their sole attacking player.

Paul Vaughan can do anything too.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013
Crokers been going great in attack and so has Wighton since his move back to the centres, really need Cornish to get a lot of game time as he's looked to be the only half that can make something happen.

M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013
Just heard (not from an official source) that Tupou didn't play for the Mounties due to an injury complaint and not being on standby for the Raiders.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
No pressure guys, but I have 7/7 in the tipping at the moment. Please win Broncos ;p

Donald

Donald

QCup Player
Mar 25, 2013
I think Robinson is a good fullback. His ball playing has surprised me a little. He isn't as dangerous as Milford but we shouldn't underestimate Robinson if he plays fullback.

Unread

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • rnabokov
  • Brocko
  • something
  • Mustafur
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.